Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 1,641 to 1,645 of 1,645

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I think Persona is a great game. But with the wrong set of characters it can become a real grind. Kudos to @kyleforrester87 for giving them a go but its a real marmite game. The basic turn based fighting isnt exactly ground breaking and the actual persona collecting is a bit hit and miss and the graphics are functional at best in P4g so from that stand point its not a great game. The game is all about the over arching narrative, individual characters, style through the amazing fonts, breakaway conversations, menus and most importantly Persona throws up loads of questions like - just imagine if that was happening to you - as the games based in a modern day place with real moral and ethical questions raised.

The game requires a lot of buy in, if you do you will be rewarded. Its not for everyone though as P5 was a proper grind for me and without playing p4g first and knowing how good the story can get, would have quit halfway.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

P4G seemed more a game about discovering who you really are at your core. Your true self. And finding others true self. P5 (although I’m not finished with it yet) is less about that. The whole ‘stealing hearts’ idea is good, but it’s more about the dungeons showing the antagonists personalities, rather than the protagonists finding themselves and coming together to solve a mystery. Both are good, but the self discovery resonated with me a lot more. I dare say I learned quite a bit about myself and about social interaction when I played it. P5 is definitely much more polished and stylized though.
@Kidfried I vote Nier Automata for you to try next on that list though. That games oozes coolness.
My top few from the list that I have yet to play and want to experience includes also Yakuza 0, and Dark Souls, but also Witcher 3, FF6, Chrono Trigger, and MGS2 (I never really finished that one)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Scrummer

Man, I've only played 9 out of the fifty games...

Scrummer

Ralizah

@Scrummer Maaaaaaaaaan, what are you doing with your life?!

Something productive?

Psssh!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Scrummer That beats me! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.