Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,645

themcnoisy

Ok so here is my last post and final rundown from the forums Best Game of All Time Forum Mega Poll 2018.

1 Horizon Zero Dawn
2 Persona 5
3 Uncharted 2
4 The Last Of Us
5 Shadow of the Colossus
6 Persona 4 Golden
7 Super Mario World
8 Bloodborne
9 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10 Mass Effect 2

11 Final Fantasy 7
12 Resident Evil 4
13 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
14 Chrono Trigger
15 Metal Gear Solid
16 The Witcher 3
17 Uncharted 4
18 Final Fantasy 6
19 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
20 Batman Arkham Asylum

21 Street Fighter II
22 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
23 Metroid Prime
24 Ratchet & Clank
25 Knights of the Old Republic
26 Super Mario Galaxy.
27 Bioshock
28 Yakuza Zero
29 Sonic the Hedgehog 2
30 Grand Theft Auto V

31 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
32 Valkyria Chronicles
33 Tomb Raider 2
34 Half Life 2
35 Portal
36 Nier Automata
37 Red Dead Redemption
38 Metal Gear Solid 2
39 Kingdom Hearts 2
40 Final Fantasy 9

41 Metal gear solid 4
42 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
43 Dark Souls
44 Fallout 3
45 Grand Theft Auto 3
46 Super Metroid
47 Mass Effect
48 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
49 Goldeneye
50 Tekken 3

Awards
Horizon Zero Dawn - Best European Game
Uncharted 2 - Best American Game
Persona 5 - Best Japanese Game

Final Fantasy 7 - Best PS1 Game
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Best PS2 Game
Uncharted 2 - Best PS3 Game
Horizon Zero Dawn - Best PS4 Game
Persona 4 Golden - Best Vita Game

Super Mario World - Best Nintendo Game
Yakuza Zero - Best SEGA Game
Resident Evil 4 - Best Capcom Game
Batman Arkham Asylum - Best Game originating in other media

@get2sammyb you are free to use that info in an article should you have a slot to fill.

Thanks everyone for joining in this year and the previous tournaments. 2 months of work and now its done. Hopefully I can now have a bit more time to game with you all and errr play some God of War!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb Brilliant isnt it!

Rudy_Manchego

Hmm I have played 28 out of the top fifty, which I am actually pretty happy with. Clearly I have a over fifty percent good taste.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Played 31 outta 50. Not bad considering i was late into last gen and there were a few years i wasn't gaming much.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

27 out of 50 for me. Another 3 are in my backlog, hopefully to be completed this year or next. Decent ratio considering I don’t play Nintendo (nothing against Nintendo, just trying to stay focused on one console for the most part. Obviously I need to branch out and play some of these gems at some point.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Only fourteen from the final fifty that I can say I own and have played all the way through to completion by myself. Ratchet & Clank will be the fifteenth, once I get around to it.

And of those fourteen, I only really loved twelve.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Played 40 out of 50, finished 27 of them.

I still wish to play Nier, Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Dark Souls this year. I'm going for all 50!

Kidfried

SKC_Diamond

I have played 15 out of the 50 and cleared 9 I do have some of the unplayed ones in my bacllog though

But wow what a great list I had a feeling Horizon would come out at the top

SKC_Diamond

PSN: SKC_Diamond | Twitter:

Ralizah

Played 39 out of 50
Finished 28 out of 50

Maybe I'll make a point out of playing (and possibly completing) all 50 of these.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

Lol I have played exactly 25 out of 50 of the games. Now finishing them that might be another story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

Played: 42
Got to credits / end / campaign finish: 32

It does go to prove if you can finish a game it stays with you longer. Sotc is well and truly on my radar and I would have played the top 30.

Gremio108

One thing I've taken away from this is that I should probably find time to play the Persona games at some point. They were doing well all the way through the competition but I thought they would fall away towards the end. Those games seem to really resonate with people

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

Persona 3 and 4 are good on the narrative and social sim front, but they're subpar dungeon crawlers otherwise.

Persona 5 made a lot of positive strides on the gameplay front. I still wouldn't hold it up to the best SMT games in that regard, but the excellent dungeons, narrative, characters, and themes come together to make a really fantastic JRPG.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah just not my jam to be honest. Unrelatable characters, annoying restricted mechanics, poor (imo) writing. Just all a bit unlikeable. I appreciate I didn't see all of either game though.

I thought the gym teacher in 5 was pretty cool.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @kratos_md @ralizah For me Dojima, Kanji and chie (even with her annoying voice) stood out. My best friends mum had to bring him up on her own and had to work and I thought his character and writing were amazing. Really really hit home. I think the writing was so good as this happens to a lot of Japanese with dads working away. Kanji was absolutely brilliant also a real mix of emotions like Ive rarely seen in gaming. Initially a bully character, once you delve a little deeper hes completely different. Chie was like a girl version of me growing up wanting to do martial arts and being poorer than her best friend.

But you do need to buy into it. I moved from the city to the relative countryside (before moving back 4 and a bit years ago) and the small town with only a few shops and everyone knowing each other was done so well. I think the voice acting in both games is great, in comparison to most other games bar the latest AAA releases.

That said I dont really want to play another diary driven game again for a while. Theres an underlying stress to them all - will you see everything? The answer to that for me was a resounding No in Persona 5. That left a bitter aftertaste. I got nowhere with the politician and fortune teller leaving a potential gaping hole of information.

The dungeons are too mundane in P4g and could have been made half the size and been too long and some of the mechanics in the better P5 dungeons was cliche (find the security card etc).

But yeah P4G 10/10 for me even with the rubbish dungeons, P5 8/10 even though its the better game, as I didnt enjoy or relate to the characters - maybe the coffee shop owner at a push. Its very much if you like the characters I suppose.

ApostateMage

I've played 32 from the 50 and finished 26 of them. Numbers 16, 47 and 1 would be my top three games respectively.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

Yes @kyleforrester87 how dare you not like a Persona game! Now go back and play them until you enjoy them!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.