Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,645

Rudy_Manchego

These are great but I do think these are all a poor man's splatoon.

Oh wait, are we not doing that anymore?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego No one picked Splatoon! Splatoon is a poor mans Project Gotham Racing 2

@BAMozzy Great spot - Ive just picked up on that myself when auditing the list. There are 172 games altogether. Here are the games already into round 2 which have managed to skip the boomdocks of round 1!

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock
Bloodborne
Bully
Chrono Trigger
Dark Souls
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
God of War 2 PS2
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Half Life 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
Horizon Zero Dawn
Kingdom Hearts 2
Knights of the Old Republic
LittleBigPlanet
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Nier Automata
Okami
Persona 4 Golden
Portal 2
Portal PC
Red Dead Redemption
Rocket League
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill
Skyrim
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Street Fighter II
Streets of Rage 2
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario World
Super Metroid,
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tetris
The Last Of Us
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Witcher 3
Yakuza Zero
Zelda Ocarina of Time

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Wesker

Are those seeds or something like that?

Wesker

themcnoisy

@Kidfried Your the last one to vote bro! Make it happen the whole forum is waiting for you!

PS Top lad kidfried we actually played Tricky Towers together and you cant get more hardcore gaming than that.

Final note on the prolouge:

We have no Amiga, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Spectrum, Sega Master System or Mobile games. So anyone who comments next please write in which system ie) Amiga - Speedball 2. You only get one choice then that is it, we only need 5 games - so its literally the next five people to vote will fill those gaps. Thanks in advance!

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Ok, I’ll take an extra vote for a Mobile game —

Infinity Blade

I don’t like mobile gaming in general, but this was pretty fun and very trailblazing at the time when mobile games were just getting started.

(Sorry Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, Candy Crush, etc, etc.)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy to be honest, I thought about some of the 'old' games from the 80's - Star Wars with the vector graphics and death star run almost made it but then that is done so much better now. Dizzy was a classic too but then there is the aspect that a lot of gamers wouldn't have a clue on what these games and then they wouldn't stand up against something like the Witcher 3 or Uncharted 4....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Kidfried

@themcnoisy So I had a list prepared with some small arguing why I chose these specifically. But that will have to come later, as I haven't been at home these last few days. I'll post it maybe sometime later.

My list is ready, though:

• SNES - Super Mario World
  • SNES - Chrono Trigger
  • PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 3
  • PS2 - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (!)
  • NGC - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • GBA - Mother 3 (!)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried Thanks bro. Your games will be added to the list as well as Star Wars arcade and Infinity blade.

Any remaining votes make your voices heard asap. The cup starts properly tomorrow evening.

Octane

@Kidfried I can live with Mario and Zelda. Never played Chrono Trigger, MGS3, Prince of Persia, or Mother 3! I'm still waiting for the official translation

Octane

Th3solution

@Kidfried I almost chose Prince of Persia:SoT also, so thanks for adding that! That is a great one. I think it inspired a lot of modern video games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Octane Yea, it felt weird voting for it as I played the fan translation. If Nintendo were to release Mother 3 for Switch that'd be the first game I ever preorder.

Making this list I discovered how much I love turn-based RPGs. It was hard not being able to vote for: Final Fantasy 4, Paper Mario 2 and Super Mario RPG. RPG.

@Th3solution It's so strange how many have forgotten about this one. It's been the inspiration for not only all modern Ubisoft games, but I also find it hard to image Uncharted ever existing without this one.

I remember seeing it on a friend's GameCube back in 2003 and being blown away by what was possible in video games. Really an eye opener for me.

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

Great list of games to choose from.
All mainline MGS games made it in.

However a lack of Persona 3 and Timesplitters makes me sad.

Someone. Do the right thing!

I don't know how I feel about P4G going straight through to Round 2 and P5 having to battle it out with the scrubs... . I should've voted more tactically .
3 of my picks; Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Kingdom Hearts 2 were always going to make it in. Should've, could've, would've... .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

0ld_boy

Can I still quote 5 C64, amiga games?

Dreamweb - Amiga
Pirates! - CBM64
Elite - CBM64
Wasteland - CBM64
Another World - Amiga

0ld_boy

Wazeddie22

Thanks @Fight_Teza_Fight for bringing this Forum to my attention! Looks like I'm cutting it fine though but trying to think of my six fave games out of thousands is impossible...mainly because I'm trying hard to remember all of them and even games I may of absolutely loved unfortunately will be left off this list due to my terrible memory.
A lot of you chaps know my favourite games for the Ps4 and I notice nearly all of them have been mentioned (fantastic!)So I'm just going to try and go back and name the top six from the older consoles..

1/ Lunar The Silver Star - Sega CD
2/Shining Force 2 - Sega Megadrive
3/LandStalker - Sega Megadrive
4/Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King - PS2
5/Haunting Ground -PS2
6/Ghost Trick - Nintendo DS

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

JJ-firl

@RogerRoger I almost forgot about The Phantom Menace. A superb SW game. I have fond memories playing this over and over again on the PS1. Good shout!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Kidfried

Found my list of games including my argument; for the maybe one or two people interested.

PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
This game is like a rollercoaster. The story is wild, the characters are unbelieveably strange and it's so convincing in making you feel like a spy.

NGC The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
I still remember that feeling of sailing for miles and then suddenly seeing an island in the distance. This game accomplished so easily what all modern day open world games aim for. This game encourages you to go out and explore and to me is the true 3d implementation of the first Zelda.

GBA Mother 3
Mother 3 is so great in telling a story and invoking emotions in a way only a video game can. The game has balls, often being very unconventional, but mostly it has something much more important: heart, a lot of it.

SNES Super Mario World
A wonderfully creative platformer. What I love best about games is when they manage to surprise you at every turn and Super Mario World excels at it. Every level has its own gameplay mechanics and the secret paths make them highly replayable as well.

SNES Chrono Trigger
Right up until this day this game holds up as JRPG perfection. It's story is engaging with a lot of focus on its magnificent cast of fleshed-out characters. And the battle system stays fresh until the very end too.

PS2 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Do people have amnesia when it comes to this game? I will never forgot how it felt like jumping, fighting and turning back time in this superb and cinematic game.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger Is there a part in it where you can assassinate Jar Jar? If so, I’m buying it today.

Every time you encounter him, you can kill him, yes. You instantly fail the mission, but the game over screen just says "Jar-Jar Has Been Killed" so maybe you'll find a degree of satisfaction in that (and you can save anytime, so a murderous loop is possible, too).

@JJ-Firl Glad it's not just me, thank you! I thought that'd be my most controversial choice!

Having seen the nearly-final shortlist, I'm now starting to regret not championing half a dozen other games... it's always the way, I guess! Still doesn't stop me sitting here sighing "How can nobody have put forward Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?!" to myself over and over.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Kidfried Good list!

Exploration was a great aspect of Wind Waker. Many people at the time moaned about the Great Sea, but I thought it was full of things to find and do. You just set out in the sailboat and aren't sure what you'll discover. Amazing graphics and sound, perhaps the most cohesive style of any Zelda and to me I felt it was the world as seen through the eyes of ten year old Link. Bright, colourful and full of adventure. At the same time the story is quite dark and I loved how it tied to Ocarina of Time.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@KratosMD I get what you mean, even though I will probably forever argue that Breath of the Wild is a big step backwards for the series.

In Wind Waker I had a lot of fun in visiting an island, to discover a game mechanic I never saw before, and then return there hours later with an item that helped me solve some puzzle. Without that, Wind Waker would be an inferior game to me.

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.