Forums

Topic: Still Playing Wii U in 2019?

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

WiiWareWave

I've been completing my Wii U collection since Wii U games are so cheap now. Are any of you still playing your Wii U's in 2019? The hardware is pretty durable and as long as you don't abuse your Gamepad it really does last FAR longer than a traditional controller. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles X alone are enough to make the console worth purchasing, assuming you can find a complete system for a decent price.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

roe

I've still got one but haven't played it on probably over a year now. Especially now that most of the games I would've played have now been ported to Switch with a few added features.

I quite liked the Wii U though. Yeah, the UI was a bit naff and the gamepad feels like a toy but there's a lot of solid games there and like you said it's nice that they're dropping in price now too.

I never had a Wii (well have now but didn't at the time) so when I did get a Wii U I had a massive backlog of games I'd wanted to play for 6 or 7 years.

roe

Ryall

It’s still plugged in but I haven’t switched it on yet this year. The only game I have for the Wii U but I’ve yet to play is Pikmin 3. Since I’ve had it for years and haven’t felt like starting it yet it is probably time to admit defeat and put the Wii U away. @TowaHerschel7

Ryall

Tasuki

I didn't even play it in 2013.

Seriously though I got a Wii U on launch day but hardly played it except for MK8 and Super Mario 3D World.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rux89

The truth is that I have it a little parked, now I'm with PS4.

Edited on by Rux89

Rux89

FullbringIchigo

yep, i was playing Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed on it yesterday as a matter of fact

and the day before i was playing Skies of Arcadia on my GameCube

i still play ALL my old systems (well apart from my XBOX's because they all stopped working)

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@KratosMD I was about to reconnect the Wii U again too for similar reasons, but also there's still some great Wii U exclusives I missed out on.

There's still so much I want to play on it.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the charger for the Wii U screen so I... just went and play on my PS4 again. One of these days I'll make an effort to find it.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried @KratosMD there are some third party chargers you can buy if you really have too, i had to buy one when mine broke and it's not caused any issues for me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@KratosMD I meant to say Wii exclusives - mistake on my part. I have played most if not all exclusive Wii U games that had my interest. But still, like you, I have missed out on quite some games. I still want to play Zack and Wiki, The Shake Dimension, Mura Masa, Epic Yarn, among others.

I still need to finish some Wii U games, though: Pikmin 3, Breath of the Wild and probably some more.

Kidfried

Ralizah

I play all of my old consoles. Just depends on what I'm into at the moment.

With that said, the controller, imo, isn't terribly durable. I've already had one die on me, and Nintendo makes it difficult and costly to obtain another one. Thankfully, a friend managed to access another one and sell it to me for $40 or so.

Between Wii U exclusives I like to play (3D World; Pikmin 3; Wind Waker HD; XCX; etc.) and full backwards compatibility with the Wii, it'll be a long time before it's not actively hooked up to the TV.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

WhiteTrashGuy

Still in the same spot under my TV since launch. Bought a splitter to have it and the Switch hooked up to the same input. My kids still play SM3DW all the time. However, GamePad is crapping out, so I have not been playing it as much. But I seriously have 80 games on my external drive for it, all my Wii downloads on an SD card, and about 120 physical titles between WiiU and Wii titles. So, yeah, the WiiU is not going anywhere.

Edited on by WhiteTrashGuy

You havn't seen BAD BOYS 2 ???!!

Ralizah

@KratosMD XCX would be better on Wii U anyway. Text is small and it makes hugely heavy use of the GamePad as a second screen. One of the few games where the GamePad felt integral to the experience.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

blonko

not really i rarely play wii , but when i want to do sport with some fun yesssss

blonko

Anti-Matter

Even on year 2020 i still playing Wii U.
Well... Very rarely.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

Hooked mine back up a few weeks ago to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and realised how much I love the GamePad. I should get round to Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.