Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,585

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Preach. I think my favourite game (my brother briefly had one at university) was Toy Commander, if only for its splitscreen multiplayer mode!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@KratosMD Noice. Xillia is one of my favourites! There's a greater focus on story and the battles are quite fast-paced and fun.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

Sega was trying a lot of cool stuff out in the 90s. Like the Nomad, which was one of the first hybrid video game systems. It was sort of like a Switch, but for Genesis games.

In the 90s.

The VMU was another cool idea. It's very cute, and, when playing Sonic Adventure, it was cool that I could take out the memory card and play a little minigame on it, and then get benefits once I connected it back to the Chao Gardens in the full console game (if I'm remembering correctly).

DC was never one of my favorite consoles, but I do miss Sega's ingenuity and weirdness from back then. I guess, at least, Nintendo post-Wii inherited some of that creativity when it comes to hardware ideas.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna, the Golden Country.

I'd put it off for a long time because while I loved the main game, it was pretty complex from a combat/systems perspective, but I think it's time I finally tackled it. I got through the main game, so I should be able to get through this as well (I think they streamlined the combat in this one a bit as well, which should help).

Oh, and it's not a game, but I bought a new game card carrying case as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529
  • Blade Strangers
  • SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

Both on Switch. I've been interested in both for awhile, though not games I'd normally really get around to in my normal buying cycle. However I got a $50 Amazon gift card for Christmas, which was enough to get new copies of both.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger check it out

Untitled

awsome game

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo oooooh!

@RogerRoger - jealous much?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Zukato

Acquired Dino Crisis, C-12: Final Resistance, and Oddworld: Abes Oddysee on PS1. I also got Eternal Ring, Genji, Vexx, and Armored Core 2 on PS2.

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaHoly | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Wow, nicely done! Enjoy! I'm really jealous!

@KALofKRYPTON See above.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Running out of shelf space so decided to buy Final Fantasy IV, Dissidia 012 Duodecim and Final Fantasy Tactics digitally to play on the Vita. This will enable me to put my physical PSP copies in storage and make room for new Switch and PS4 games. I've been aiming to replay Final Fantasy IV for quite a while as it is one of my favourite games in the series (and on the PSP), so this will give me a little extra push to do so. My PSP screen also has a lot of strange blotches which has put me off using it, so it'll be nice playing the games on the Vita.

@KratosMD The pricing of some Switch games is quite high, especially Wii U ports and titles that are more limited in scope. Luigi's Mansion 3 looks ace though. I got it for Christmas and am quite eager to play it. Hopefully it has a smoother difficulty curve than LM2. I never got to 100% the later mansions in that.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Moved here seeing as it’s not PS4..

There’s little point in worrying about youth early on really as you don’t have the capacity to focus on development but they can be useful squad filler. Also worth noting older players don’t complain about lack of training time either.

Messing around with tactics helps too. I found three attackers helps as its easier to pass around the defence. But buying defenders is a priority as you control attacks so can do better than your players’ abilities allows but you can’t do anything to stop your team conceding!

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho that makes sense. My top player is 43 rated left back, the rest are 22-36 rated. I still have to play my 17 rated CB from time to time. Damn my team is terrible!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Yeah, it's not particularly worth the hassle of younger players early on; just pick up cheap older players with rubbish stats that are better than what you have.

Your comment made me re-download it on my phone and this is my current team;

Untitled

The only problem is renewing contracts is a nightmare! I have to say I do save scum slightly when it comes to contracts or signing players as the system is so terrible, especially when I have a new team and money is an absolute premium. The only reason I stuck with this team was to finally get the upgrade to the top tier stadium.

@Arugula I didn't realise it was on PS4, I'd only heard of it going to Switch. How does it control on console then as a lot of the charm on the phone is the swiping to control players, runs, and hitting the ball.

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho that's some team!

I have it on the ps4. Controls pretty well. I had the original new star soccer before it got hit by microtransactions. It was better on phone when shooting, but whilst running with the ball it's ps4 all the way and there's no microtransactions in sight!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Yeah, it was pretty heavy on getting you to pay for stuff. To be fair, I played it so much I was happy to pay to go ad free. Can you still do the off the ball runs too? The AI has an incredible knack for running miles offside.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

hey heads up if your a Resident Evil fan and have a PS3, the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection is less than £5 on PSN right now, i have them on the Wii already but i am SO getting that

might finally give me something to use my PS Move with (you can play it with a controller as well if you don't have a Move)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Thrillho yup you use the right stick for runs. It's worth a punt if the sale is still on.

R1spam

I bought myself resident evil 4 on the wii, never played it before and look forward to motion control knifing some zombies in the head!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic