Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,585

Ralizah

@KratosMD M+R borrowed its tactical combat mechanics from XCOM, but the structure is entirely different. M+R is a linear campaign with an explorable overworld, puzzles, etc. whereas XCOM is primarily about resource management and base building as you play randomized missions (with the exception of a few story missions, of course) to gain access to more resources and manage the terror level worldwide.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

On a whim I just decided to buy One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 on the eShop.

I'm not a huge One Piece fan, but I like the main cast well enough, and I figured the game would be a decent enough way to experience the story without having to plow through 100's of episodes (I've only watched the beginning through Arlong Park, and the Davy Back arc through Thriller Bark).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

Being gifted a US PSN card last night... I ended up purchasing Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver & Legend Of Dragoon in the PS1 classics range for PS3.

I've already played LoD but lost the account (and it in tow) when my PS3 needed to do an entire system wide reboot/refresh a few years back and I forgot the account password. So very excited to play it again (It's not available on the uk store and I don't quite trust those code sites!)

Soul Reaver on the other hand I haven't played at all aside from a demo that I don't think I really got.

Really looking forward to it. Especially as it was on sale for $3.59 compared to $5.99 (Though ps plus reduces it to only $1.19 or so!)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Soul Reaver was such a great game. I even bought it again on Dreamcast - which was an incredible port!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

Yo-Kai Watch 3

Good luck with that. Like, a week or two after launch, YW3 went massively out of print in the States. You can't get one for under $80 or so, minimum. Hopefully the stock situation is better in Sweden.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD That's funny. Persona Q2 is pretty readily available in the States. Whereas Nintendo massively underprinted YW3 and doesn't seem interested in giving it another print run.

Well, this is why it's a good idea to buy niche games at launch when possible if you want a physical copy, I guess. Although I figured a Nintendo-published title was safe. I guess it's good that I don't actually like that series. My nephew does, though. He was disappointed when he had to go digital for the third game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Just purchased AI: The Somnium Files for the Nintendo Switch.

RogerRoger

Randomly found myself on GOG.com and grabbed a bundle of Tomb Raider games. They had the first three together as a single purchase, then The Last Revelation and Chronicles together, and then Angel of Darkness as a standalone. With a 33% discount, each line item came to a fiver. Fifteen quid for six games? Not too shabby, I reckon.

I'll likely never play them on PC, not properly anyway, but I'm enough of a fan to want them just in case. I clicked around in them once downloaded, and there's already a glitch in the Tomb Raider III menu, plus Chronicles has no "back to Windows" exit option anywhere, meaning you have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete your way out of the game. Angel of Darkness won't play at all on Windows 10, but I gather there are some dedicated fans who've released various patches and fixes, so I'll hunt them down as and when.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for the Nintendo Switch.

EDIT: Just grabbed the Contra and Castlevania Collections on Nintendo Switch in the sale.

Edited on by Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

As surprise stuff for my daughter for xmas, I managed to get Ultra SF 2 for £15 (ebay) and Bomberman R for Switch for £18 (Argos).

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Your daughter doesn't read PushSquare, right...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger She does not... as far as I know.

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego If she's capable of weaving such an elaborate ruse, she probably deserves more presents.

Tell me @RogerRoger, what are your immediate thoughts on this style of classic Chuck?
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh no! Rumbled by @Rudy_Manchego after all these years! And after I hired a 32 year old male voice actor to portray me in a PSN chat party and everything.

Those shoes are hideous, Dad.

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON I mean, that is the problem with the internet these days, people are always hiring voice actors, joining gaming forums, having PSN chats and gaming all while actually being young relatives.

I mean I am technically a 72 yr old grandma.

I love the shoes!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego You've got quite a healthy moustache for your age. Well done!

If you love the shoes so much, you have them.

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger Well, when you have it, flaunt it!

I would have the shoes but my cankles couldnt take it

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Well this thread just took a wrong turn up wierd Street.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder A wrong turn, or the right one...?

Anyway, back on topic, let's have more about recent retro and other gaming purchases and less about @Rudy_Manchego flaunting his face fuzz.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic