Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,585

Ralizah

@KALofKRYPTON It's a smaller game that launched alongside Star Fox Zero. I believe you're watching different security cameras to find intruders. Like SFZ, there's heavy GamePad integration.

@Rudy_Manchego Not a bad idea. I don't know about the UK, but in the U.S., the games are QUITE cheap right now (they always are, before the prices start to universally rise once they become popular as retro consoles).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah Huh... sounds alright enough.

@Rudy_Manchego if you're getting a WiiU, sooner rather than later would be better. Hardware prices are steadily creeping up - and there are already a handful of games that are way more expensive than they should be.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah @KALofKRYPTON That's what I am thinking. I can get one unboxed second hand for under $100 and have seen some games are still quite cheap but I have also seen the price increasing. I own a switch and obviously a lot of games are ported but some will just get more and more expensive.

Think I will make it my next retro (ish) purrrrchase.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego If you can get the black version, go for that. It's the one my daughter had. Nice little system.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah probably will - it is a little bit more but I think it has the 32gb storage and since I won't use the online store much, should be sufficient.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego If you only download stuff like SNES games, then the 32GB will likely serve you fine. Although be prepared for XCX's downloadable data packs to take up more than half of that space. You'll also likely need to expand your memory if you want to download Fatal Frame 5 (although, if you're doing the collector thing, you should try to find that gorgeous European special edition that was released).

KALofKRYPTON

Well, late Friday I discovered that after several years of non-use, my old OG Crystal Xbox's laser has given up.

I'd only put it on to play a bit of Unreal Championship 2 as it seems I didn't have a PS2 copy of UT.

Long story short, I junked the console (as I say, hadn't touched it other than to move it around in years) and took the few remaining games to cex.

Luckily, they had a PS2 Unreal Tournament in. So after an errand and spring clean filled Sunday, it's time to slay some bots! 😂
Untitled
I also picked up Quake III and Spy Hunter, because - why not? 😀

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego I'd almost forgotten how much I liked this version of the game.

I've been considering getting a PS3 again for Time Crisis 4, but UT3 was brilliant too. If I can grab one cheaply, I think I might 😁

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON I will say one of the issues with retro stuff is the old light guns not working. I know I need a crt but would love a go on time crisis on PS1 on a big tv! Would be just like the arcades

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego I've had several CRTs over the years for that very purpose (until I got decent rgb scart cables/component for older stuff).

Currently have a 28" Samsung that's OK; widescreen, so not ideal - but works well enough.

There are a few really good 29" 4:3 Toshibas and B&Os out there that I'd like to upgrade to at some point.

Don't know if you've used the G-Con 3 set up on PS3, but it's very good. Massive shame that only 3 games use it.

RR529

Pre-ordered Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch, obviously), and got my first smartphone over the weekend, so I decided to download Fire Emblem Heroes to be my F2P time killer when I'm away from home (I don't really like taking the Switch out of the house, so I only play it, and the PS4 for obvious reasons, at home).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DerMeister

Today I decided to finally jump into the Dragon Quest series with the 3DS versions of VII and VIII. Wish it didn't cost me a combined $53 but hey, if I didn't get them, I probably would have lost the chance.

As much as I've always wanted to play DQ8, since it was the title that brought the series to my attention, I started with DQ7.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

themcnoisy

Purchased Ikaruga for £4 tonight on the store. I hated it whenever the GC version was out and hate it even more now.

I totally see the allure and want to like it but my brain can't handle the mechanics. I know the likes of Ninja Gaiden on the og xbox and super meat boy are the gold standard in hard games. But they are cakewalk compared to this. 90% of the Trophies lock if you don't play to the default settings as well!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Thanks for the reminder!

I meant to pick it up while it was still cheap. Playing on anything but a GC controller should be great.

I was OK at it - but stage 4 onwards is really tough. Treat it like R-Type (and plenty of other shmups)- the entire game relies on memorising patterns.

I picked up Metal Slug 3 and Garou Mark of the Wolves to play on the Vita. Garous is great, it was the best game I had on the Neo Geo X, so it's nice to play it again. and MS3 is my favourite of the series.

Ralizah

Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash just launched on Steam today. I almost never buy Steam games when they're not on sale, but I made an exception for this, since I'm excited to finally be able to play this ridiculous game!

Edited on by Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

Well this weekend was quite a retro (ish) filled weekend. I won a selfie competition for a Retro shop I sometimes go to and got a Master System 2 and a few games. I also picked up UN Squadron and Earthworm Jim 2 on the SNES and Destruction Derby 2 on PS1.

Lastly, I finally found a Wii U at a price I was willing to pay and a few games, including Super Mario Bros U, Zelda Wind Waker, Bayonetta 2 and Zombi U. Had fun last night getting these all setup!

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego

Nice - fully recommend R-Type for the Master System - excellent port!

Winner on the WiiU! Deux Ex is great on it. But if there were one game to recommend for it - I'd say it's Pikmin 3!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON I bought Mortal Kombat for the Master System (for not much money) just because I remember what a rather poor port it was and for pure underpowered goodnes, it did not disappoint.

Doh, I nearly bought Deus Ex as it was only £6 but didn't. Will keep an eye out for it again.

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego ha! Brilliant - which built-in game did you get?

NFS: Most Wanted was decent on it too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic