Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,585

mookysam

@RogerRoger Awesome. And it's much cuter than the box suggests!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RR529

Picked up Smash Ultimate this morning. It's been great so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kidfried

@RogerRoger That's cool you picked that up. Let me know how you two -or your partner in their own- enjoy it (or hate it, haha)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

i just ordered Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 for the Wii after the news about MUA3 (I did have them on PS3 years ago but traded them in), although i was sad that the remasters were removed from PSN and XBL, anyone have any idea why?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Thanks, will do.

We were chatting the other day and I let slip that I'd picked up his Christmas present during a trip into town where he knew I'd been to GAME. Our conversation was literally...

Him: "Oh, and thank you in advance for Smash Bros."
Me: "I didn't get you Smash Bros."
Him: "Well, thank you in advance for Mario Party, then."
Me: "I didn't get you Mario Party."
Him: "...Pokémon?"
Me: "Nope."
Him: "Er..."

Victory is mine.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Ha ha I love it when you keep em guessing! I hope he likes it!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

As a belated birthday pressie, got Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube. Whoot whoot!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

mookysam

@Rudy_Manchego Wow, awesome gifts! How is your GameCube collection coming along now?

Black Lives Matter

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam Pretty good - I'm not so much in it for rarity but for best games (I also have a few not so good games that I have kept for nostalgia). On the top games, I've Mario Sunshine, MGS:Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 and Zelda Wind Waker. I also have Enter the Matrix and LOTR: TT & ROTK. Next on the list are Metroid Prime 2, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil Remake and Zero.

I am also tempted to save for one of the expensive HD converers for GC. THey go for like over £100 though.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

mookysam

@Rudy_Manchego That's a great assortment. Have you played Metroid Prime 2 before?

I've been tempted to get one of those converters too but am put off by the price. The Open Source Scan Converter sounds pretty decent and is supposed to provide a good image on modern televisions. That said, if I had the room I'd rather get a CRT set; GameCube games in particular look stunning with an RGB cable.

Black Lives Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah the demo sold me too! Hope you enjoy the rest of game, it cheers me up whenever I play it! The music is so catchy!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Oh yeah there is so much more to it, that is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. I really must get back and finish it off.

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam I'd love a good CRT but will be a struggle to find and then fit one in my limited gaming space. It is the OPen Scan Source converter I've been looking at and looks quite nice. If only I had money...

Rudy_Manchego

@MadAussieBloke Awesome stuff! Tanglewood is great, I played that at EGX and when I get the cash I want to order the cartridge for it as well.

Ralizah

I was going to wait for REmake 2 to sink in price a bit before buying in, considering I'll be gone for around a week after launch, which is always the most exciting time to play a game, but I managed to score a pre-purchased Steam copy of the game for $45. I couldn't say no to that price.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I always wondered, what do you mean by bump combat? It is probably something really simple, but I can't get my head around it!

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Oh, never seen that before! But then again I don't play a lot of JRPGs, and it has always been either real time or turn based combat in my experience.

RogerRoger

I've just digitally purchased, and am currently downloading, Dragon Age Origins for PS3. It's currently under £4 in the sale and so my best friend kindly sent me a code for a fiver yesterday and said "since I'm kinda making you play this, I thought I'd get you started" (she did the same with Uncharted, bless her).

Not sure when I'll get to it, but I'm excited about the idea of trying something totally new.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic