Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,585

Rudy_Manchego

I bought an old Gamecube from an amazing Retro games store this weekend. Torn between forking out for an HD adapter (super expensive) or getting a second hand tv to run it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Cool, glad to hear it! The more people that play the hidden gem of Oxenfree the better. Yeah I imagine it would suit the Switch very well, I was thinking that earlier.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Oh good, do let us know how you get on with it as I've meaning to get it for ages.

I might have to do an indie run myself soon.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tasuki

Picked up Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition for the Switch so I will have something to play when I go out of town next week. A little preemptive but I will be getting Diablo 3 as well in a few hours

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

I went to a great retro gaming shop and walked out with a Mega Drive 2 with some games, a PS1 with some nostalgia faves, including Alien Trilogy, Die Hard Trilogy and V Rally, Zelda Minnish Cap for GBA, plus some PS2 faves. The Mega Drive will be a future birthday pressie!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I loved A Night In The Woods, one of my favourite games I have played this year.

JohnnyShoulder

Thinking of getting Captain Toad Treasure Hunter for the Switch. I rarely play my Switch these days, only when I visit my parents so I don't want anything substantial. I've got the demo so will give that go. Also have eleven quid credit on my account but will try and hold out till the black Friday deals.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Cheers. I think it retails at £35 here, so I don't think it was ever a full priced Switch title.

I'm pretty sure that some Nintendo titles were reduced last year on the e-shop, like Mario + Rabbids and ARMS. I could be wrong though.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder whispers Do it.

Seriously, it's an adorable and very chill little game. Great for sitting back and experiencing something beautiful and fun for small bursts of time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Yeah that is what I thought, pretty much perfect for what I want next for my Switch.

Played the demo, and yup it certainly is. It will definitely be my next purchase for the Switch.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Oh yeah the physical versions on Nintendo first party titles hardly ever budge. Think the cheapest I've seen Captain Toad is 25 quid.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Hot Gimmick: Cosplay-Jong (Switch) - one of the Psikyo arcade ports/remasters on the eShop. Unlike the majority of their titles (which tend to be Shmups), this one is a (real) Mahjong game. Different than what I usually play, but it's really addicting (I put my more complete thoughts in the Switch thread).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

My Retro den is gaining speed. I now have a unit with a TV, HDMI upscaler, PS1, PS2, PSTV, Gamecube, Snes classic, PSP, Gameboy and Gameboy Advance all laid out. Might add my OG NES and SNES. All are these are setup so I can try to capture some video from them for the Youtube channel so they are next to my PC. Next up is a Mega Drive/Genesis for Christmas and I am thinking maybe, just maybe a Dreamcast or Saturn next. Also looking for a Gameboy Player for the GC.

JJ-firl

With Persona 4 Golden coming to an end soon (I’m kinda postponing until the end of the year) it’s time for a new Vita purchase so I bought a physical copy of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for 31.99 EUR. Looking forward to start 2019 with a proper playthrough of MGS 3.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I have played Smash a couple of times on various consoles, not excited for this at all but I'm thinking.. shall I just do it? It's probably pretty fun once you get into it and it looks fairly substantial..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah I am most likely going to pick it up, I prefer digital games on the Switch really, but kinda thinking I should go for physical in case I don't like it.. but it'll probably get more playtime if it's on the machine ready to go at all times. Plus it's a tenner more expensive.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I just pre-ordered the digital version to get those 600 points. No going back now, I hope I enjoy it! I used to be a big fan of fighting games in the PS1 era, and I love Towerfall so.. I'm hoping that'll be enough! The game seems pretty meaty from the trailer but to be honest I am going in very blind. I've only seen the trailer and played the 3DS demo years ago!

kyleforrester87

RogerRoger

With huge thanks to everybody who provided me advice and assistance in the Switch topic recently, this morning I picked up a certain treasure-tracking adventure game to gift my partner this Christmas.

The box makes it look so cute!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic