Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,585

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego Personally - I think children having their own places to sleep is overrated.

Also personally - I'd go for the GCHD. The modded ones can only be the same thing, but compromising the board. A model 1 GC isn't that hard to come by, and since most ebay sellers (for example) don't know the difference - it shouldn't be hard to replace the GC itself.

I'm all for having a tinker and a solder, but console-wise I've only had to fix a flick switch on a modded Saturn and recap a GameGear. I wouldn't want to mess about with someone else's work around a display port, that's for sure.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

As for XII Stag, no ebay for me for a bit.

It seems some scamp has set up a scam shop through my ebay account these past couple of days!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego @KALofKRYPTON I forgot how good CRTs were until I used one when reusing a ps1 last year. The colours just pop off the screen. When I have gone back to my cheap 4k tv the colours just arent the same. Theres also no lag on the tvs of yesterday! So totally agree that if you get the space buy a crt.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy @KALofKRYPTON Yeah - I have a dream of eventually getting my own office in the house, with a CRT tv and a lovely stand with all the retro consoles on them, and when my wife walks in she'll be blown away by how cool and relevant I am and insist I invest more in this hobby of mine.

I'm on the hunt now for a GC Model 1 with the correct port then I will save up the GCHD. I still have a good condition GC controller plus a few good games so worth the investment for me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy I picked up a decent Trinitron a few weeks ago... Got the hankering to play Time Crisis, so got a 32" for £10. A G-Con 45 for £3.99 (needed cleaning up) and got a pair of G-Con 2s with TC2 and Crisis Zone boxed, for £15 (one gun had a broken trigger, fixed it). Also picked up Time Crisis, Time Crisis: Project Titan and Gunfighter II. A mate donated a PS1 gun with a pedal too.

Then my eye went a bit sqiff so I've barely touched any of it

I did find during the whole thing, that in my hubris I'd ditched all of the composite cables for both my PS2s after upgrading to component.
Thankfully I found a really old Blaze branded PS1 AV/RF breakout box that I've had for god knows how long and a couple of RCA cables.

Once I can use it all again, I may stump up for a G-Con Scart cable.

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego B&O made some pretty tasty 4:3 CRTs. Almost snagged one for the Time Crisis thing, but it was too far away. Once she sees Aladdin running as intended on a Mega Drive through a good CRT - she will be putty in your hands! lol

There are quite a few 001s on the bay of e.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON Lolz - actually Crash Bandicoot 1 on PS1 might almost persusade her but I still think it unlikely. That is the only game other than Tetris she played lots of.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego Tetris?! PSVR it is! Winner, winner...

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego my missus wasnt happy. That said she wasnt happy with psvr and that was actually a present FROM HER! Lol.

@KALofKRYPTON Ive always wanted a nice setup and Ive mentioned it a few times on the forums. I had to ditch my old consoles when I joined the RN and although quite liberating at the time I miss a lot of the games on the GameCube, original xbox and ps1. But like Rudy I either have to move to a 5 bedroom house or wait until the kids move out.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Every now and then I think about offloading a lot of the stuff that I only use sporadically or rarely (anyone for a PAL/NTSC/NTSC-J, 50hz/60hz Saturn? haha).
Then I remember having to sell a bunch of stuff when I had no money, and how I regretted it and really couldn't afford to buy a lot of that back now either.

Edited on by Tasuki

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON Ha - already got a PSVR and it makes her giddy. Also she thinks I look like an idiot when I play it (which is fair, I do).

DerMeister

So today, I needed a replacement controller for my PS3, since all three of the pads I had were having button issues. With the trade credit I got for the controllers, I got my replacement and had enough to get Borderlands and L.A. Noire for PS3. I'd say today was a good day.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Tasuki

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest for Xbox One today. Been wanting to play this game since I heard about it a few years ago. I can't wait to play it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

crippyd

@Tasuki Its a great game although be prepared for a few rage quits especially in the Ginso Tree (not sure I've got the name right but you'll know what I mean when you get there) as it is a true workout for your reflexes and patience! I hope you enjoy it as the art style, story and game play are all excellent.

crippyd

Tasuki

@crippyd I did manage to get a copy of the Definitive Edition which according to the box has a difficulty selection, not sure if that makes a difference.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

crippyd

@Tasuki It makes the enemies a little easier to deal with (if I remember correctly, its been a while) but doesn't lessen the finger gymnastics required for the game.

crippyd

Th3solution

@KratosMD I quite liked Severed. It’s a great fit for the Vita, and despite it being simple, I found it very engaging. A few of the enemy encounters can be really tough late in the game, but I was still able to platinum it in about 8 hours or so.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

I've spotted a copy of Vampire Night (PS2) in Cex for £1.50! Queue was too long yesterday afternoon but going to try at lunch time today.
There's two Cex stores in my town, checking online, between them they have Vampire Night, Ninja Assault and Virtua Cop SE - I could easily round out my collection of PS2 G-Con games that are worth playing (I already have Time Crisis 2, Time Crisis 3, Crisis Zone and Gunfighter II).

IBeAGamer

Panzer Dragoon Saga and Magic Knight Rayearth on the SEGA Saturn.

IBeAGamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic