Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,585

Tasuki

So a trip to my local flea market.and I picked up Super Smash TV on SNES for $10 and The Killzone Collection on PS3 for $2. Kinda interested in Killzone since I only played the PS Vita one. And Smash TV is a guilty pleasure.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@KratosMD I figured the first one is probably going to look dated and such given how old it is, but I did enjoy the one on the Vita and this has been a series I have been wanting to look into.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki I agree with @KratosMD in that, when I wanted to play the series for the first time a couple years back, the first Killzone was a little tough to get through. It made me panic that I'd just purchased five games of pretty average, unchallenging gameplay in drab-looking environments but absolutely stick with it, because everything beyond it (as you'll know from Mercenary on PS Vita) is lightyears beyond.

I'd also highly recommend Shadow Fall on PS4. It's a really underrated game with some genuinely fantastic moments sprinkled throughout a well-paced, compelling campaign.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Yeah I will get Shadow Fall here at some point. I just know the moment I buy it it will be that month's PS+ game lol. And thanks for the tips about how rough the first one is I do appreciate it. But for $2, heck I lost more money on worst things. 😂

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki I dunno... there might be a few moments where you'll be thinking two bucks was a tad steep! Although given the hype surrounding its release back in the day as "the PS2's Halo killer" then I'd recommend those interested in PlayStation history give it a go.

Enjoy!

Black was hugely superior. I'd love that to be a PS2 Classic at some point.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Got lucky and found a copy of Eternal Sonata for the PS3 in CEX. I played it on the 360 when it came out, but have wanted the PS3 version for absolutely ages because of the additional content. There's also apparently no trophies, which pleases me because the achievements were a pain in the bum!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Rudy_Manchego

So took a day out today to a fairly close city for a Retro Gaming Fair. Bought a refurbished GB advance sp, Metroid Zero and Super Mario Bros. 3. Also got the very first copy of Total Nintendo magazine that I was ever bought by my dad way back in 1992.

Very nearly spent £180 on a modded Gamecube with HDMI but then realised it would probably lead to divorce.

It will be mine one day, oh yes, it will be mine.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

So made a few purchases the past week or so so I will just lump them all in this one post.

So I bought my friends OG Xbox One off of him since he was upgrading to the One X. So since I bought an Xbox One, I had to get a copy of Rare Replay which I got at my local game store. Also bought a month of the Xbox Game Pass which gives me plenty of games to play with on my Xbox One.

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Are we already at the stage that an XBO is a retro console?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Do not "troll" or "bait" other users; Posts that purposefully or systematically go against the grain to trigger a reaction from others are prohibited. You are entitled to an opinion, but purposefully disrupting discussions with unpopular opinions to create arguments is not allowed, we simply suggest you don't get involved in these conversations. Users that are seen to be continuously trolling or baiting will be banned.

Perhaps you should take a moment and review the forum rules? -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

Recently:

• Hollow Knight
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure DLC

All on Switch, of course.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

I'm considering grabbing XII Stag and Chaos Field for PS2. I have Chaos Field for GameCube - it's decent, but the controller...

Never played XII Stag. Always wanted it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

OK, so after going back to Metroid Zero Mission, I think I am going to set myself a new challenge of playing every Metroid game on original hardware (possibly cheating and use the NES classic for Metroid). It will get expensive as I will need a gamecube but then it gives me an excuse to save for a modded one with HDMI.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

themcnoisy

Just picked up zelda botw. Cost me 2x ps4 games and £18. I really hope its good and my son lets me use his switch.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego The cheaper, and safer option would be to get a decent CRT television for that GameCube.

Or maybe a GCHD?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON A CRT would be great but at the moment, no room in the house for it (apparently our youngest still needs her own bed or something). I've actually been looking at a GCHD this morning - if I include the GC unit in it, it is close to the cost of some of the modded ones I've seen working but at least this would be transferable if there were any issues with the base unit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic