Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,585

mookysam

@Tasuki Bayonetta 2 is absolutely spectacular. It's like the first game only on steroids and even more awesome. Enjoy!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Tasuki

@mookysam Yeah, that's what I have heard. I did play the demo on the Wii U and enjoyed it. I just wanted to have both Bayonettas on the same system but as I said the first one wasn't available anymore by the time I was able to buy it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I was gonna get a Pro controller for the switch as did not think i would get along with the joy cons. But they have been fine and we've not had one agruement. I even had money set a side for it but not felt the need to get one and ive sunk almost 200 hours into BOTW.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I have quite small hands so for me the gamepad i would imagine would be no go for me! Never seen one up close but have heard it is not the greatest for gaming.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WiiWareWave

I got Lost Winds: Winter of Melodious (WiiWare), Contra Rebirth (WiiWare), and Yoshi's Woolly World (Digital Wii U Retail) today!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

RR529

Pre-ordered Atelier Lydie & Suelle: the Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings (Switch), which releases next week.

Feels good to be finally be getting another JRPG after Xenoblade 2 back in December (yes, I know it's gotten games like Lost Sphere and other indie JRPGs since then, but as shallow as it is, as someone who first really got into the genre on the PS2, chibi & sprite based JRPGs just don't get me very excited, and while I certainly enjoyed my fair share of them on GBA, DS, and even mobile, as soon as I was playing Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts: DDD on 3DS, I didn't want to step back).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

crippyd

@KratosMD You should come to the UK, every time I go in to GAME or CEX they have loads of Forza 6 on the shelf. Do the UK games not play on your console? Is it too expensive to order from abroad?

crippyd

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD Yeah the low trade in value is why i didn't sell mine, i'm using it as my living rooms entertainment box now, just for DVD, blu-ray and Streaming now

i made quite a bit on the games i sold though

On Topic: i just got the old original PS2 Devil May Cry game off amazon just to complete my collection, pretty cheap too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah same here, especially if the 2 systems are going to be so similar like they was this gen

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

mookysam

@KratosMD It's fun discovering games for a console with a mature library, isn't it. The 3DS library in particular has really grown on me recently. Even though it lacks Advance Wars. :-/ Have you got A Link Between Worlds?

Nintendo sent me some "birthday offer" email, so I can get Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon for £25. Honestly not a bad price and I am considering getting it.

Samus Returns is amazing!

Black Lives Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD Not tried a Fire Emblem yet but the 3DS ones are on my to-get list. I always find Tactical RPGs intimidating at first, but I do like Advance Wars so if the gameplay is similar I'm sure I'd get into it.

Agreed on A Link Between Worlds. I was really surprised at just how good it is, but it is a top-tier Zelda for me. Probably in my top-three Zelda games and I am itching to replay it.

At the moment I'm enjoying finding cheap 3DS games - most recently Code Name Steam. I figured I couldn't really go wrong for £5! Have you got any download only games for it? Pullblox is a nice little game, as are the Box Boy titles.

Black Lives Matter

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam I only recently got a 2DS XL last year but have struggle to find any retailers selling older 3DS library games that cheaply in the UK. Have you got any recommendations of where to look?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego for some reason games on Nintendo systems don't really drop in price that much, it might have something to do with the fact they are on cards and not discs but your best bet is to just keep shopping round i'm afraid because you do sometimes come across a decent price

mookysam

@Rudy_Manchego Mostly third-party "fulfilled by Amazon". The prices always fluctuate, so it's just a case of check back every now and then. Like @FullbringIchigo said shopping around at the usual suspects is your best bet, or even random places like Argos. For whatever reason first party Nintendo games don't go down in price more than a few quid outside of the selects range, but I'm fussy and don't like the red packaging!

@KratosMD The first Danganronpa inspired me to buy the Ace Attorney games. I haven't played any of them yet but hope to at least get round to the first one soon.

Black Lives Matter

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam @FullbringIchigo Thanks! Yeah, its tricky. I think that Nintendo isn't massive in the UK also hinders the market as supply and demand etc. First party Nintendo will always be first party Nintendo. I'll keep an eye out for any deals!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

Not technically a purchase, but I was randomly chatting to my significant other last week about old Star Wars games and mentioned that there were a few I'd never gotten around to playing. He immediately went and tracked down original PS2 copies of Star Wars: Battlefront (the first-first one; never played it as I'd gotten the sequel and thought "no need for the lesser one now, then") and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (the Pandemic one, from 2002). I be lucky.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

stinkyx

@mookysam Ace Attorney is soooo good! Love that series to death. The only bad experience I had was with the third one, Trials and Tribulations, where I got horribly stuck and no walkthrough I used would help. But yeah...you'll laugh, you'll cry, it's great. Catchy tunes too.

Should also note that the iOS versions are utter garbage, whether you play on your phone or iPad. Very clunky and stiff menus and visuals...gross!

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic