Forums

Topic: Recent Retro & Other Gaming Purchases? (Non PS4)

Posts 381 to 400 of 454

KratosMD

Ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Never played these games (played a bit of the N64 version of Majora's Mask on VC but not through its entirety) so it will be interesting to see how well they fare on a portable device.

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

Tasuki

@KratosMD Well Luigi Mansion 2 was made for the 3DS and from what I havery heard it's one of the best games on 3DS. I still have to play it myself along with the first one.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KratosMD

@Tasuki Yeah, that's true. I've just heard that people don't like the fact that the game cannot be played with a second stick when controlling the Poltergust. I haven't played any Luigi's Mansion game yet so I don't know if that will bother me or not.

themcnoisy

I bought a new laptop after struggling to enjoy Elite Dangerous on my lethargic PC.

Its pretty good for the price and should be suitable for all the older games from 2014 backwards. More importantly I can play Elite with some options turned up. It's got both a 128gb SSD and 1tb HD, Nvidia 950 graphics card, Intel i7 processor, full HD 17 inch display, 8 gb of ram and a DVD rewriter to play old games. Only £660 so happy with that.

Im a touch disappointed as it seems laptop's are a bit more expensive compared to early last year. for a 12gb faster Ram, 256ssd and 1050 graphics card the prices were consistently over £1000 searching yesterday. The same laptops were £100-£200 cheaper last year.

@KratosMD @Tasuki Luigis mansion is a rubbish game, I got it with my gamecube and played it at most a couple of times. Super Monkey ball was a million times the better launch game.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@KratosMD Majora's Mask 3D is masterful. Huge improvement over the original, and probably my favorite Zelda game overall.

With Luigi's Mansion 2, the biggest change is that it's split into levels now instead of being open-ended, presumably to give it more appeal as a portable title that can provide bite-sized experiences.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

Ordered Gears of War 4 for measly 13 euros. I thought it was finally time to get this game for that price, as it seems most Xbox One games tend to get ridiculously cut in price after a while. Glad that I waited for that.

Rudy_Manchego

So to add to my backlog, I popped into a local charity shop and bought Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed 2 and Borderlands 1 for PS3 at a ridiculous £1.50 each. Will I ever get round to playing them? Probably not.

Also bought Hello Kitty for 3ds so my daughter can play that (that was £3). She managed 40 minutes of it before getting bored though she is quite poorly today. A new record though!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Reanfan7

This week I purchased Mana Khemia, Tales of Hearts: R, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Fate-Extra, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky FC.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com Soon to be TheGamerResort.

Stats
Reviews: 548
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

KratosMD

KratosMD wrote:

Ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Never played these games (played a bit of the N64 version of Majora's Mask on VC but not through its entirety) so it will be interesting to see how well they fare on a portable device.

So I regret buying Luigi's Mansion 2 so much right now. As I suspected during the first world, the game doesn't seem to have any checkpoints at all and what better way to end a level than to meet a boss that kicks your butt and you die, you lose 30 minutes of playtime and you have to restart the level all the way from the beginning. If there's one thing I absolutely hate in video games, it's losing progress, because that basically means that I wasted my time and that I have to waste more time in order to get back to where I was.

I enjoyed playing the game thus far, but having that happen to me, I just lost all motivation to play the game. This is the exact issue that I had with the Fire Emblem series and it's too bad that Nintendo thinks kids will have patience for these kinds of games where you spend 30-40 minutes exploring a level and then lose all that progress. Maybe I'll get back to it in the future, but as I want to spend my time wisely during my summer break, I'm not going to bother with this one at all anymore. I'm glad that I realised this early on (world 2) because this would've really hit me hard in the later, probably even longer levels.

As a side note, I don't think this game is bad because of the lack of checkpoints. But it's still odd that Nintendo decided not to add them in the levels, especially considering the game is structured around levels and not a seamless open world like the first game.

Reanfan7

I purchased Fairy Fencer F and Mimana Iyar Chronicle (PSP) for my PS3 and PSTV respectively.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com Soon to be TheGamerResort.

Stats
Reviews: 548
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

CThrash13

After playing Gears of War 4 (I'm only a single-player gamer) the past few days, I already bought Gears of War Ultimate Edition to start after I finish 4. I've never played the series, and while 4 starts a new chapter in the series, I'm curious about the first 3 now! It's been a lot of fun, and the story has been fun to go through. I"m looking forward to going through the first 3 in the near future. I wish 2 and 3 had remasters out as well, but I'll make due with backwards compatibility!

CThrash13

Twitter:

KratosMD

@CThrash13 Yeah that's the great thing about the Xbox One, you have a lot of different options to play games nowadays. You can for example play Halo 1 if you have it for the original Xbox (when BC for original Xbox launches in the future) or you can play the remastered 360 version or you can play it on The Master Chief Collection. It's pretty nice all in all. Glad to hear that you've become interested in the Gears series, though. Don't forget that there's also a prequel called Judgement if you want to play that one as well!

RR529

After running through the demo last night, I popped onto Amazon & ordered Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS). Tearing through the level in that mech was soooo satisfying.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Gamer83

Managed to get a pre-order in for the Super NES Classic.

Gamer83

BAMozzy

Managed to get my pre-order in for the Xbox One X - Project Scorpio Edition...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

crippyd

I got my order in for the One X too

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Cool!!! I would be very surprised if you didn't...

They went 'fast....'

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic