Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,585

RR529

Tales of Vesperia (360). Ordered it on Amazon last week, and it arrived today. Not much to say so far, but man this game is gorgeous.

I absolutely loved Tales of the Abyss when I played it on my 3DS, so I'll probably like this too.

BTW, my copy of FE Fates: Birthright arrived last week, and it's really good so far (finished up chapter 15 last night).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

My Nintendo® Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS).

I got it as a reward through the new My Nintendo program. Zelda is one of my favorite gaming series, and Picross is pretty much the only puzzle game I enjoy, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't completed it yet, but I believe there are 126 puzzles in total (5 tutorial puzzles, 60 normal puzzles, 60 "Mega Picross" puzzles, and 1 "Micross" puzzle. The last one being one big image split up into smaller puzzles).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Sorry for the triple post, but Kirby's Dream Land 2 (3DS VC).

Always meant to get around to it, and since it's on sale I figured I'd go ahead & bite.

I think I'm rushing through it a bit too hard, and thus not enjoying it as I should (already through the first 5 worlds, in one day).

I will say it has quite a bit of visual variety for a GB game, and the bosses are both fun & surprisingly tough (even if a few of them are series regulars).

I'm mixed on the animal buddies (which everyone else seems to absolutely adore). I like that they act as an extra buffer between Kirby & death (since they have their own, seperate life meter), but they all have their own unique takes on the copy abilities, some of which are really good, some nearly useless, IMO. Maybe each buddy should have been exclusive to a specific world, allowing you to truly appreciate each one.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to start taking it slow, and maybe even replay some past levels.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Samurai Warriors: Katana (Wii) - Picked this up on Amazon, and it arrived today (feels good to be getting back to the good ole' Wii). Popped it in to see if it works (which it does), but I'll wait to really get into it until I finish up Tales of Vesperia (360).

I've also benefited from the "Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle", even without taking part myself:

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Someone over on NL gave the code away to the first comer (they already had a copy of the game prior to the bundle), and that was lucky enough to be me. Feels good to be slinging some Hadoukens, lol.

Shantae & the Pirate's Curse (3DS) - Bartered my WarioWare: Touched! code (My Nintendo reward) with an NL user for this. I love me a good "Metroidvania", and it's been solid for the bit I've played so far. The presentation is totally top notch as well (easily the best spritework I'vd ever come across), and the character designs are personally to my liking.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

consolfreak1982

I bought TOUCH MY KATAMARI on the PSN for my Vita ^^
May be freaky but hell Im a huge Fan of the Katamari games, and everyone that plays it loves it too
Rolling over stuff is so much fun guys ...
oh - by the way - I need this on my PS4

so many games - so little time

PSN: consolfreak1982 | Twitter:

Adansino

My most recent game purchase for a non- Sony console would be, Fire Emblem Fates; Birthright and Conquest

I don't know how to put my "psn profiles" card in forums.
Psn: Adansin1
Gamers don't die, they respawn

Tasuki

Recently picked up Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the Xbox 360. I beat both Lego Star Wars years ago a few times actually. However I didn't have both games on the same system Lego Star Wars I had on the GC and Lego Star Wars 2 I had on PS2 so I never got to transfer my save file over.

I am having alot of fun replaying this game again but, being that these were the first two Lego games they are a bit dated and alot of the features in future installments have like two player split screen this game don't have and it makes it a bit of a challenge with camera angles and such.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (360) - Arrived in the mail today, though I haven't yet tried it. This will be my first in the series. I'm usually not big into FPS games (I've played through a few of the CoD's years ago, though that's it), but I figured I'd give it a try.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Rudy_Manchego

I picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for Xb0x360 for under £5 brand new. Is is ridiculous. I also bought a second hand PS Tv which is actually working pretty well so have been playing some Fez as that was recently only £2 on the PS Store.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug triple pack £3.99 psstore for ps4.

@RR529: Halo CE really shows its age, great game but you really had to play it at release. The must play in the series is Halo Reach. Give that a shot no prior knowledge of the other games is necessary and its easily the best Imo.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

@themcnoisy, actually Reach was the other game I was considering as my first in the series (since I knew it was a prequel), but I decided to go for the remake of the first because I figured it might be harder to go back to the older games if I started with Reach, and wanted more.

Despite it's aged moments, I am really enjoying CE Anniversary too (last play session, I just finished up the second section of mission 8).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WiiWareWave

I just bought a brand new 500GB PS3 bundle with CoD: Ghosts and a wireless limited edition CoD: Ghosts wireless controller for $148.97! What a fantastic sale! 0_o

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

RR529

Monument Valley (Android)

It was on sale for $1, and since I had a bit left over in my Google Play account, and since I heard good things about it, I bit.

I've played through the first 5 levels, and it's absolutely mesmerizing. I was thinking about holding off really getting into it until I finish Dokuro, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

gamerphil07

Bought Sonic the Hedgehog 2 3D on my New 3DSXL. In terms of Sonic, I only really liked Adventure, but the classic ones are great and the music is radical.

I'm a Smash Bro! My Main is Random!

Tasuki

Bought these from a flea market today $5 for the both of them

Untitled

Also I got something off line, which I will post about when I get it.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Picked up Doom and Doom II on XBLA for 2.50 each. Been wanting to play these 2 again since it's been years since I have played either and at those prices why not. I will say nothing is more satisfying then the feel of a shotgun blast to a demon's face.

My Backlog

RR529

Front Mission Evolved (360)

Hope I get to try it out soon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

sub12

@Tasuki:

Thats a pretty nice pick up, Quake on the N64 was a pretty solid port, and Shodown on the Genesis was superior to the SNES version (just plays smoother IMO).

Did you ever play Quake 2 on the N64? The campaign is mostly brand new when compared to the PC original.

sub12

Tasuki

@sub12: Funny thing is I never knew that Quake 2 made it to the N64 till a few days ago lol. So yeah I am looking for that one now.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic