Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,585

Quintumply

Ah I love the Smash Bros games. It works surprisingly well on the 3DS! I don't own it on Wii U but I've played it a lot, and it just doesn't seem to get old. Really awesome game, good choice

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Jaz007

I got Jade Empire, If My Heart Had Wings, and Sir, You are being Hunted on the holiday Steam sale.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007: Jade Empire is such an awesome game. If you liked KotOR and Dragon Age you will like Jade Empire. It's a shame that that never got a sequel.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

@Tasuki: I think Smash Bros. plays best as a local multiplayer. I've great memories of playing Smash Bros. on the N64 and GameCube with friends. I've only played Smash Bros U on my own, it's still good, but I've put nowhere near as much time in it as I would when I would've been playing with other people. Online multiplayer is okay, but nowhere near as fun as local.

Octane

Quintumply

@Tasuki: That's fair enough man. I only ever play it with friends, and that's when it shines, but each to their own. I can never get into "proper" fighting games, like Street Fighter, Tekken etc. I'm pretty terrible at those

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Quintumply: Lol, Yeah I guess it's a generational thing. I have been a big fighting game fan since first playing SF II at a local 7-11. Then Mortal Kombat came out and then and then lol. Where as when Smash on 64 came out I didn't have the time anymore to sink into it like I did with SF and MK. I tried it and it was ok and didn't play another Smash till the Wii U one came out and figured ok I will give the series another try.

@Octane: Yeah I will agree it's better with friends then alone still though, just doesn't capture me the way SF or Tekken does.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So I mentioned this a few weeks ago (at least I think I did), that I won't this on an online auction for only 15 dollars

Untitled

Well it arrived today. I never played this version and only played the NES one a few times. I know this is up there in the hardest video game ever category but I am ready for the challenge.

My Backlog

BigP

I don't think these count as retro but I recently got The Stronghold collection on Steam for £4.50, really good seige strategy simulation games if anybodys interested. I also got Star Wars Battlefront 2 (love this game) on Steam and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on Xbox 360, surprisingly really fun and good story however it's only like 6 hours long.

BigP

Jaz007

I got the Mass Effect Trilogy on $9 on the PS Store. I don't usually get physical games digitally, but since I'd need the first one digitally and this was cheaper with all of the games, I couldn't resist. I can't wait to try them out.

Jaz007

Churchy

Strangely enough, I bought myself a Sega Master System (Mark II) for the first time. I grew up with a lot of the old computers so I never played on one until now. Picked it up with Prince of Persia and Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. Good times aplenty!

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

Tasuki

I recently got a bunch of Genesis games.

Untitled

15 dollars for the whole lot. Honestly I am really only interested in Earthworm Jim but I will try the others at least. More then likely though I will just sell them.

My Backlog

TreNARD2000

I just purchased Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land, Metroid 2, TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan, Mega Man 1, Final Fantasy Legend 2, Alleyway, Castlevania Adventure, Pipe Dream, Motocross Maniacs, and Tetris for the Gameboy all for $50. Great price I think. Decided to pull the trigger and rebuild my Gameboy/GBC/GBA collection after finding my Legend of Zelda Links Awakening DX cart.

edit-most of the games had manuals too. All but Alleyway and Pipe Dream.

Also if you are in the US and don't have it yet, Best Buy has Batman Arkham Knight brand new for $14.99!! Not sure how long for and it's not advertised in the store, but it's legit. I picked it up today. The sales floor associate thought it was a mistake at first!!

Edited on by TreNARD2000

TreNARD2000

TreNARD2000

@Tasuki: That's a great deal. I plan to start my genesis collection soon after I get a good amount of Gameboy games out of the way. My kids are loving it (except my oldest. He still thinks graphics make a good game. He's 13 by the way. My other two boys ,11 and 6, are loving the retro good-ness!)

TreNARD2000

Tasuki

@TreNARD2000: Yeah its not common for kids that age to look at NES or Genesis games and not be impressed, especially if they werent around during the heyday of those consoles. It would be like someone showing them a sci-fi movie from the 50s. Luckily my son grew up with a SNES so he appreciates older games and systems as well as the newer stuff.

My Backlog

kyleforrester87

Just bought a "new" 3DS XL. Gunna sell my old XL to offset some of that cost. Bit of an impulse buy this, I really like the 3D effect on my current machine but everything i've read about the headtracking on the new one makes me think it's...hopefully worth the upgrade.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

Untitled

Wife bought me this and a load of sweets for our 6th anniversary.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

Ordered Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright) last night on Amazon. It should be arriving in a week or two.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Splat

Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC off Steam. I got tired off waiting for the PS4 version. I'm have only got to play about an hour but so far so good. I'm not sure how it look's on X-Box but it look's amazing on PC.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic