Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,585

BAMozzy

My last 3 games have been

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Brilliant - taken me as long to 100% the campaign on 'Normal' difficulty as it did for me to 100% the Uncharted Collection on Crushing. Its not that its more challenging but does have 'more to it' and I did spend time hunting and gathering resources to upgrade my gear too.

Star Wars: Battlefront - I am a Star Wars and FPS fan but I must say overall this is very disappointing. Itt looks fantastic but the game-play is so basic and shallow and lacks a lot of the content of its predecessor as well as other FPS games.

Rare Replay - It was only £10.85 and contains many of the Rare/Ultima games I grew up on. Can't say much else about it yet as I haven't even put the disc in yet...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KidRyan

I ordered these six games on Amazon recently for $101 total , I now own all of the "main" PS3 games I was interested in having .

All that's left are "filler" games now, which I'll take my time collecting.

Assassin's Creed Rogue: Limited Edition (PS3) - $14.25 New
Dark Souls II (PS3) - $14.95 New
Drakengard 3 (PS3) - $18.99 New
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3) - $15.98 New
Saints Row IV: National Treasure Edition (PS3) - $20.99 New
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3) - $15.84 New

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KidRyan

@Tasuki: I won't be buying a PS4 until they release the newer & lighter slim model with 1TB+ HDD space in the U.S.

And even then, most likely stall until Black Friday 2016 or Cyber Monday 2016 weeks for sales.

My PS3 backlog is still ridiculously huge, so I've got PLENTY of games to keep me busy.

Edited on by KidRyan

Farmboy74

Most recent purchases from the past four weeks due to sales:

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition; Picked this up cheap in the Black Friday deals, a very good and huge game which I been after for a while. Started it last week and impressions are good so far (still on Act 1) with hours disappearing when I continue from where I left off

The Witcher 3 Day One Edition: Cheap Black Friday deal couldn't really say no

Uncaharted The Nathan Drake Collection: Saw this cheap on Thegamecollection website not played any of the games before again couldn't say no.

With work and family commitments I'd say I pretty much got the rest of this year and the most of next year sewn up gaming wise!

Farmboy74

KidRyan

I recently bought these 7 games on Amazon and eBay for $128.22 total, I finally got over my distaste for first person games .

BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3) - $23.89 New
BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition (PS3) - $16.50 New
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (PS3) - $11.00 New
Dead Island: Riptide Special Edition (PS3) - $18.95 New
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition (PS3) - $8.99 New
Far Cry Compilation (PS3) - $17.90 New
The Godfather: The Don's Edition (PS3) - $30.99 New

Octane

I finally got Bloodborne. For only 29.99, I couldn't resist it. Now I only have to find some time to play the game...

Octane

Octane

@Tasuki: Didn't know this thread was for anything but PS4 games.

Octane

themcnoisy

God knows why - but I'm knee deep in games and I've just bought the Unreal collection PC; unreal 1 and 2, unreal tournament and all of the add ons for £4.75 - epic!

I've also just tried to buy Elite dangerous dvd collection for £12 (that's a bargain by the way) for my son - cant remember my log in details to the official site and have had issues sorting it out - so I ending up buying him other stuff away from the elite official site, including 1001 games to play before you die book and a dongle I think to play x1 on his pc and a BB8 pad for his x1. I'm never going on the PC again I end up buying stuff for no reason other than I can.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Quintumply

I received a Retron 5 for Christmas, along with a bunch of some of my favourite Mega Drive games:-

Sonic 1, 2, Sonic & Knuckles
Ristar
Aladdin
The Lion King
Castle of Illusion
One or two others I can't remember right now.

It's a really awesome console that can play Mega Drive, NES, SNES, Famicom and Gameboy/GBA games. I'm gonna start having a think about some NES/SNES games that I missed out on (never had either of those systems) and try to pick them up on the cheap

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

EyeDeeNO76

Not exactly a game, but I resonantly purchased a NYKO PSX AV Multi-Out adapter cable for my PS2 so I can upgrade to a component cable on the PS2 and still use my GunCon light guns on the CRT TV downstairs. Had the Namco adapter years ago but couldn't find it, somebody must have needed it more than me.
The grey thing in the middle of the picture.
Untitled

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

EyeDeeNO76

@Quintumply: Don't forget to look at getting some gamepads the ones the Retron 5 come with are less than desirable. The Hyperkin Genesis GN6 gamepad is nice I have the USB one I use on my PS3 and it feels just like the genuine Sega Genesis 6-Button MK-1653 gamepad with only difference being the conductive silicone rubber use inside is stiffer than the MK-1653 and the wight is lighter.

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

Quintumply

@EyeDeeNO76: Yeah, the controller is pretty bad, have to say. I'm sure I've got some Mega Drive controllers somewhere, I'll have to dig them out, or look into getting an alternative

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

RR529

Just purchased Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on Amazon! Should be here by sometime next week

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Quintumply: Man whenever I play my Genesis it has to be the six button controller, in fact I don't think I own any original Genny controllers lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: Nice!!! I have the Wii U version but, I just can't get into Smash games. You going to get all the DLC?

Probably not all at once, but I'll get it all eventually. Probably going to start out with Mewtwo, followed by either Cloud, Corrin, or Ryu.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic