Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,585

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter For us Westerners who are sadly monolingual, care to translate those covers?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh...
The left = Taiko no Tatsujin: Little Dragon and the Mysterious Orbs
The right = Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live: Kira Kira My * Design
I got those two games from my local store with very cheap price.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter That's cool, thanks! From what I understand, the 3DS (and the DS) do rhythm games very well, so it sounds like the one on the right should be enjoyable, at least. Hope you have fun with 'em!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered Bravely Default II on Switch. Saw an online store selling it for €30 today so I decided to finally order a copy, even though it probably is going to be a while before I get to that game since I still haven't played Default or Second yet.

LtSarge

R1spam

Just played some of the demo (and now bought) incryption for pc. I have managed to avoid all spoilers and am really enjoying the atmosphere. Card games aren't usually my thing, I never even played much gwent in witcher 3! However, I have heard overwhelming positive things and enjoyed the early card battles.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam Yeah have been hearing a lot of good things about Incryption, and the people that have played it have been unwilling to say too much about for fear of spoiling it. Hopefully it comes to PlayStation eventually!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Hello Kitty for XBOX.
Because I am different.
Only play kids games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder hopefully will get a port, if not to playstation then maybe to iphone/Android. Looks like it would run nicely with a touchscreen device (from what I've seen so far).

XBOX: Placebo G

LtSarge

Just bought Gears Tactics on Xbox One for €9. It's also on Game Pass but I figured I might as well buy it since it's a long game and I'd rather spend my time with newer/shorter titles on GP. Definitely looking forward to playing this one since it looks like a fairly interesting adaption of the series to the tactics genre.

LtSarge

Ralizah

Mass Effect Legendary Edition collection on Steam for $9.99. Couldn't really resist at that price.

Also bought a pretty blue Xbox Series controller for my PC for $39.99. An ugly yellow one is also on the way, but now that I've secured a color I actually want, I'll be returning that one.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nomither6

I bought the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection recently , and it makes me wish i could've experienced a resound era . i'll never know how it feels to go to a local arcade and compete with a bunch of people all the while anticipating the next Street Fighter to hit the arcade . i know it was a hell of an experience for people who got to enjoy fighters in arcades back in the day ; i know i'd have stories to tell and a lot of heated moments , lol .

with that being said though , it really helped me understand the franchise even more since my first SF game was (super) Street-Fighter 4 , and I despised SFV . But now i see SFV's gameplay & mechanics are more reminiscent of SF2 with V-skills/triggers aspired from SFA3's mechanics . Basically , i learned that SFV's gameplay was always a thing within the street fighter franchise & how it initially started.

But- i still hate SFV regardless and rank it bottom 3 of all the SF games , & still think 4 is the best . ALTHOUGH the collection also made me notice SF4's flaws - the worst newcomers ever , bad stages & a mediocre weak soundtrack .

overall - (U)SF4 > SFA3/SFA2 > SF2 TURBO > SF3THRD STIKE > SFV > SF 1

I'm enlightned now . btw honorable mention - i freaking love the alpha series , i've always heard good things about the games & i finally got to play them and alpha 3 and 2 is so good . it has its flaws that irritates me as well but damn i can't get enough of street fighter alpha 2 & 3 .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 3rd Strike is still my favourite one. I know some people don’t like the largely unique cast but I think it gave them more freedom instead of having to recreate loads of iconic characters. The soundtrack’s brilliant too. More than anything though, playing local multiplayer in it is absolutely a mental game as much as a physical one, the parry mechanic means you have to hard read a lot of what your opponent will do.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nomither6

@nessisonett the parry & bizarre roster are the main reasons i don't like 3rd strike . i've played third strike before years ago with the online edition back in the day & could never get into it and never knew why - at first i just chalked it up to me being so used to SF4 and 3D fighters over the 32-bit or whatever 2D games , but the Collection made me realize that it was the fact that SF3 is just such an oddball & jarring compared to the rest of street fighter .

without a doubt the soundtrack in 3rd strike is dope , i love the urban style & vibe of the game , and the character portraits are the best . but the roster just sucks so much to me , & the parry is just annoying to me - i think the alpha games have some sort of parrying as well , or atleast i've seen something like it , but 3rd strike is on another level. and lastly , the gameplay imo , is worse than the alpha games . it feels slower and less combo-y .

edit : maybe im sleeping on the parrying of 3 , i know about the ''diago comeback moment' but again , the mechanic doesn't intrigue me . Maybe it needs to grow on me , but im honestly not interested to play it as much as is .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

LtSarge

Just ordered No More Heroes 3 on Switch for €27. I've been wanting to get this game since Black Friday but considering I bought so many games then, I decided to hold off on doing it. During this week though, I feel like I kept getting tempted to buy it multiple times. I first got an email from the online store that had the game and it contained a 10% discount code on everything in their store. Then today, I got a notification that the game had been reduced from €33 to €30. At that point I was like alright, I'll just buy it now lol. I managed to save €6 though by waiting an additional month and at €27, I think the game seems worth the money. I've heard a lot of great things about it, not to mention that I highly enjoyed No More Heroes 2 on Wii back in the day. I haven't played through the first NMH though for some reason, so maybe this will encourage me to finally do it.

LtSarge

LtSarge

After having played Hotline Miami 2 for the past couple of days, I've become interested in playing more indie games and since the January sale is going on now, I figured I'd get some games to play on my Vita. So I bought SteamWorld Heist + The Outsider DLC, Ultratron and Stealth Inc 1 and 2 + all DLC.

I loved both SteamWorld Dig 1 and 2 but considering Heist is a tactical game, I never got it. Looked up some gameplay and it looks pretty fun though, so hopefully it will be a good time. Got Ultratron since it's only €1 and it looks like some great twin-stick shooting fun. Finally, I saw that the Stealth Inc 1 and 2 bundle is only €2 so I got it. I've played a bit of the first game and it's pretty fun, so I figured I'd get the bundle which comes with the second game and all the DLC for both titles as well.

I've also downloaded a bunch of indie titles that have been in my backlog for years now, such as OlliOlli, Spelunky and Retro City Rampage. Couple that with PS4 Remote Play and all the JRPGs, PS1 and PSP titles on Vita, the system is still going strong for me!

LtSarge

LtSarge

I've been in a buying mood lately after having played through Hotline Miami 2 and wanting to play more downloadable games, so I bought these ones today on Switch:

Cuphead
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
Cat Quest II
CrossCode
Shakedown Hawaii
Moonlighter
Sonic Mania

Got Cuphead primarily because I want to play more challenging games like Hotline Miami 2. SteamWorld Quest looks like a fun game and I love Image & Form, Cat Quest II looks like a chill RPG, CrossCode is heavily reminiscent of a classic Sega Mega Drive JRPG, Shakedown Hawaii looks like a fun 16-bit GTA game, Moonlighter apparently is Zelda meets Animal Crossing and Sonic Mania has just been on my watchlist for a long time now.

I think that's enough purchases for now, lol.

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge Cuphead is a masterpiece. Genuinely one of the funnest games I've ever played (and re-played, and re-played, and re-played, which is rare for me).

Heard really good things about CrossCode, but never played it myself.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Good stuff, looking forward to playing it!

I actually played CrossCode for a couple of hours through Game Pass and found it to be so good that I'd rather just buy and play it on Switch since it's a fairly lengthy game. It truly captures the feel of an old school RPG from the 90s, even down to the music:

I think you'd like it if you're into old school RPGs.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Welp, that didn't last long. I was just randomly browsing the usual online retailers and found one that had received copies of Robotics;Notes - Double Pack on Switch today. I've been wanting to buy this game ever since I played through Steins;Gate (since they belong to the same universe, Science Adventure) and so I decided to order a copy for €18. It's usually priced at €45, the retailer had it for €25 and I had a €7 discount code so overall, I think this was a great purchase since it's two visual novels in one. I'm very happy to have more games from this universe to play now!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic