Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,585

carlos82

Just got the Cyberpunk Xbox One X and it's a very nice looking console, I just wish I had space to stand it up
Untitled

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

@carlos82 Looks brilliant but I’m extremely confused why they didn’t release it alongside the game!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

carlos82

@nessisonett I would assume because the game was meant to be out by now and delaying it until September just before the new consoles doesn't make much sense.

It was a pretty great deal too as it was just £260 and includes the game when it releases, it even has custom sounds for powering on and ejecting discs

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

RogerRoger

After thoroughly enjoying its PS3 counterpart, I added the Nintendo DS version of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions to my ever-growing Spidey games collection. It looks to be a nice reminder of a time when you could buy three different versions of the same game... ah, the good ol' days!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@carlos82 Oh wow, even with the new consoles releasing soon, that’s not a bad price for such a good looking edition. At least it includes the game when it releases.

carlos82

@nessisonett it was great value, I've sold my original X for not far off the same price so its basically a free upgrade given that I was going to buy the game anyway

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I've heard good things about The Mummy Demastered (almost as much as bad things about the movie reboot it accompanied). Hope you enjoy it, and that you aren't burnt out on Metroidvania games before you can finish them all!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@KratosMD I think second opinion was a remake of under the knife on DS (could be wrong though). I had the DS one and you are right, there is a steep difficulty curve on them, I don't think I ever finished that game but I really enjoyed what I played of it.

I also have new blood on Wii and planned to play it co op with somebody but never got round to it! I did also buy a House M.D game on DS for a few quid a few years back but I never played it so I can't say if it's similar lol

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Darkside Chronicles features Re-tellings of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica alongside a new side story which is set before Resident Evil 4 @KratosMD

I haven't played Umbrella chronicles myself but I found Darkside Chronicles to be a pretty good on rails light gun game from what I remember! Hope you enjoy them!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@KratosMD I can't remember to be honest, it's probably been about 15-16 (whenever it came out) years since I played it! I could be wrong but I think it was the time constraints that made it difficult, a lot to do in not a lot of time. Well worth playing though, it was pretty unique at the time.

See ya!

Ralizah

I recently ordered:

• Super Paper Mario (Wii)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (N3DS)
  • Ever Oasis (3DS)
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS)

I think I'm going to start ignoring current gen stuff more in favor of building my 3DS collection, as I'd like to complete my physical set of 3DS games before prices become ridiculous (they already are for a few games, unfortunately).

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

I look forward to the @Ralizah mega review of Super Paper Mario!

Thrillho

Ralizah

@Thrillho Definitely. Praise seems extremely high for the Wii entry's story, so I'm particularly curious about it.

Having played the indisputable worst (Sticker Star) and arguable best (Thousand Year Door) entries in the series, I'm really curious to see where everything else lands for me.

Vahla_Hanesh

@KratosMD I really wanted a remake of Code Veronica over RE4. It needs it!
I'd recommend the game either way, it's a solid entry, though like you say tank controls and overly difficult at times. If that puts you off there is a glitch that's seemingly in every version of the game where you can get an infinite green herb. Removes a whole load of frustration. I'd played the game on release so to go back and just experience it sans hair pulling was nice.

Vahla_Hanesh

Ralizah

Four more 3DS games.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (I purchased this at launch years ago, but lost my copy when someone stole my case, so I'm finally getting around to repurchasing this)
Sushi Striker: The Way of The Sushido

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Senran Kagura Blast is one of my absolute guilty pleasures. It’s strangely fun despite the weird bounce physics and surprisingly convoluted plot. They ruined the series though with all those spin offs that were just crap gameplay with a little bit of titillation.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yeah, the series went downhill when it went overboard on the pervy stuff and flanderized the characters (particularly Yomi, who went from a passionate class warrior to a garden variety weirdo with a beansprout fetish). SK2 is still fairly plot heavily and mostly light(er) on the fanservice, though. And, on a technical level, it was a massive step up over the original, as the character models and environments were fully 3D, and the game ran at a much higher and more stable framerate (I like the two games included in SK Burst, but their performance was awful). Combat is also changed up in interesting ways for this entry, and I love the crazy yoma you fight throughout the game.

It's one of the prettiest third party games on the system.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

The spending spree continues!

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (NDS)
Astral Chain (Nintendo Switch)
DOOM Eternal (PC)
Detective Grimoire (PC)

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Please let me know what you think of Astral Chain, I’ve had it sitting on my Switch for ages but haven’t got round to it!

Ralizah

@nessisonett Definitely. I'll do a proper write-up about it once I get to it.

Speaking of games just sitting around waiting to be played on my Switch, I can't believe I've still barely touched AI: The Somnium Files!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic