Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 942

KratosMD

Well this sucks. I've been interested in playing Ori and the Blind Forest for awhile now and seeing as how I'm starting to like playing on the XB1 again, I thought this would be a good time to play the game. However, I heard from you guys that one should play through the Definitive Edition of the game, of which I don't have, so I looked up if I can upgrade the game to the DE for €5 since I remember there being such an option a couple of years ago. Apparently that option has been removed now, and if I want to get the DE I need to pay €10 (the same discounted price I paid for the vanilla version) in order to get the base game and the additional content.

So now I ask you guys: Do you think it's worth it for me to pay the same price again just to have the complete experience? And to be clear, I love Metroidvanias and I love emotional stories. If the game is THAT good, I'd be willing to buy it again.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

crippyd

@KratosMD The Definitive edition makes some meaningful changes to the base game and adds a new area or two and is the best way to experience the game. I have both although I did get the upgrade for £3 (about 5 Euro) when it was first launched. I think, if you haven't played the game yet, that the newer version will be worth getting. Also play through both so you can experience the differences for yourself. Beware the Ginso Tree, that will destroy your controller!

crippyd

KratosMD

@crippyd Alright, that definitely sounds like I should double dip. If the DLC changes game mechanics and adds new areas, then I'd absolutely want to play that version. I should take this chance and buy it while the Ultimate Game Sale is still on.

On an unrelated note: I've been trying to get back into Borderlands 2 now for YEARS. I started playing it 4-5 years ago on PS3, but I quit after the first "world". Then I played the 360 version and I quit again, then I played it with a friend and started over, and I quit again. So I've literally played the introduction area three times now which has dissuaded me to play the game. However, one thing that I realised today is that I could actually transfer my save files from the 360 version to the XB1 version. So now I've installed the Handsome Collection on XB1 and I have my 360 save files on there, which should motivate me into finally playing through the game! I had completely forgotten about this feature.

I absolutely loved the first Borderlands. I played through it twice on 360 and once on PS3, and completed almost all of the DLC as well. The fact that I was stuck in this endless cycle on Borderlands 2 makes me really disappointed in myself, since I would've probably played that game as much as the first one. Now that I don't have to play through the same part for a fourth time makes me really happy. I'll probably start playing the game soon if I can get a few games out of the way.

"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

KratosMD

Untitled

Wow, absolutely wow! That's a very good selection of games.

I've already played FH2, For Honour doesn't interest me, and I've already got DS3 lined up on PS3. So I'll probably only be checking out Epic Mickey 2. Regardless, great line-up for those who haven't played these games.

crippyd

That is certainly a better line-up than recent months. I already have FH2 but I don't have any of the others.

crippyd

BAMozzy

After the past couple of months, you have to say this is a 'great' line-up. 4 AAA games!!! OK so the titles themselves may not appeal to 'all' but you can't really argue about the 'quality'

FH2, the one that doesn't run at 4k on X, is still a great game and I much prefer the Horizon series - makes sense with 4 coming soon. For Honor sic (another FH game LOL) is not and never has been on my wanted list at all so not bothered about this - may add it just 'because'. Epic Mickey 2 isn't my thing either and I never bought DS3 after the reviews and demo - I couldn't bring myself to taint my opinion on one of my favourite series of last gen - so will definitely add that for 'free'.

Overall though, despite not necessarily all very appealing to me, I can't complain at the overall quality and value this month offers.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

Awesome! Will get all of those bad boys!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

Kidfried

@KratosMD Wow, these are all games I still want to play!

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

Tasuki

So I am thinking of picking up a FPS on the Xbox One and since I already have CoD: WWII, Overwatch and Battlefield 1 on PS4, I was thinking of grabbing Titanfall 2 since it's part of the sale. Only thing is does anyone know how the player base is for this game? I don't want to buy it and then the servers be dead.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KratosMD

Started playing Assault Android Cactus just now, which is a free Gold title for XB1, and it's a really fun game. I've been yearning for more twin-stick shooters and this game satisfies that craving. I highly recommend that you guys check it out before it gets removed next month. It's really addicting.

Edited on by KratosMD

Tasuki

So MS wins this month for me with GWG on account that the one game that interests me on PS+ is Mafia III which I own already. Looking forward to playing FH2. Been wanting to.try that series out for awhile now.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JimbobLink

One thing I hadn't realised until I let my Gold subscription lapse is that you don't retain access to GwG Xbox One games when not subscribed to Gold. You still retain access to GwG Xbox 360 games as you always did, but I hadn't realised that Microsoft had shifted to the same subscriber model as Sony. Still not convinced to go back to Gold, even with the offer of £26.50 for the year that they keep tempting me with on the dashboard. The last 11 years of Xbox were a blast, but PS interests me far more now.

JimbobLink

KratosMD

@JimbobLink That has always been the case since they introduced XB1 games to GwG.

I actually like that you get to keep the 360 games forever. I've gotten so many over the years, both Games on Demand and Arcade games, that I've been interested in but would personally never buy them. And I don't have to worry about staying subscribed to play them, so there's no pressure for me.

Rudy_Manchego

When I got my XB1 I only bought a 3 month Gold subscription so took advantage of the sale and bought it for a year at £26. Boom.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

crippyd

It is a really good deal the £26 for a year. I got it a couple of weeks back through the dashboard when mine was about a couple of days off expiring.

crippyd

Kidfried

@crippyd In tagging you because you're this site's person for anything Xbox. What did you think of the recent rumours surrounding the next-gen?

Have you already thought about the next generation, about what you're buying?

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

crippyd

@Kidfried I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping too much up to date other than there is more Xbox consoles coming. I'll be upgrading when they do come out and probably going all digital too. I've found that much more convenient this gen. If there is a base model and a premium model, I'll go premium as I think the X is great.
TBH, I'll stick with Xbox over PS as I find more of the games appeal to me on the more Western focused console. I'm a Halo/Forza type of guy.
Have you thought about it much?

crippyd

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried what rumours about next gen?

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too they hid it better

NEW FF VID: FINAL FANTASY XV: Awakening the Hydrean https://youtu.be/h75KgUeApDY

"Tea Earl Grey HOT!"

The Tidus Avatar is BACK!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic