Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC I haven't noticed that myself - although I don't really hear when the fan kicks in over the game noise anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is pushing the Hardware - after all its a locked Native 4k and runs pretty much locked to 30fps too. The visuals are incredible with great draw distances and often quite a bit of AI - not just from NPC's but also all the wildlife. I still think its one of, if not the most visually stunning game this generation with all the little details and big open world taken into consideration as well.

@WebHead In truth, they have had a solid E3 for the past couple of years. Granted not all the games have been 'exclusives' and a proportion have only been timed - but overall, they have shown more games than any other and I doubt that will change - even if Sony were appearing at E3. It seems though that when it comes to Sony and MS, only Exclusives matter and therefore Sony's 4 or 5 big exclusives and around 10-15 games shown trumps MS's 3 or 4 'decent' but generally not GotY contenders Exclusives and ~35-40 games shown - especially to a Sony bias group like the Push Square readers.

Personally, I have felt Sony's, certainly for the past few years have been a bit 'disappointing'. 2017's only big 'new' reveal was yet another Shadow of the Colossus release, 2018 fell rather flat with the room changes and yet more looks at games we all knew were coming anyway. By the time E3 comes round, Days Gone and Spider-Man will have been released and Sony would no doubt have yet another Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 trailers bulked out with CoD, Destiny etc that would feel like a repeat of the last couple of years with 'slightly' different trailers.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WebHead

@BAMozzy well thats what ahopens when you announce everything as early as sony typically does.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

BAMozzy

@WebHead Pro's and Con's - On the one hand it lets people know what games are coming and makes it look like you have a LOT of big releases to be excited for and on the other, it means you have little 'new' to show year on year. It also makes it seem as though Sony have a LOT more games than the competition if the competition are only revealing the games for the next 'year'. I know they have 'more' in general - thanks to having a lot more studio's (at least until recently) but MS for example may announce and release 2 or 3 Forza games whilst Sony are still showing off one of their games. I know some may mention games like Crackdown 3 but in general, in the past couple of years, MS have been reluctant to talk about long term games after the backlash over games like Scalebound & Fable Legends. How many years has it been since Wild, Dreams, Shenmue 3, FF7 etc were announced? All of which, along with games like Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding add up to a 'lot' of games people are looking forward too - compared to Crackdown 3, Halo and Gears. Of course there is likely to be more Forza games coming too and had 6 this generation (3 each for both Motorsport and Horizon variations) so I can see why MS can reveal a new one every year and release a few months later.

Personally, I would prefer both Sony and MS to stick to the upcoming year - maybe with just 1 sneak preview of a game expected 12-18months later as a 'one more thing'. I don't enjoy waiting years and years, seeing the same 'games' with similar trailers every year for several years - hearing about yet another 'delay' even if it wasn't locked in to a year. For example, hearing a game that was 'expected' in 2017 be pushed back into 2018 let alone games then slipping back from say March to April. It would be less disappointing if we didn't even know the game was in development and much more exciting to see a game revealed and then be playing it before the 'next' E3. I would rather be told a game is releasing a month or two before it does than be informed of yet another 'delay - even if it it has been delayed several times internally. By doing this, every years ES will be different and not feel like deja vu - even if the games are exciting, they do lose some impact the 2nd and 3rd time they appear at E3 when you are hoping for 'new' reveals, new titles to add to your wanted list. That's my opinion anyway.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Kidfried

I don't get why people care about E3 like that anyway. I care about games, not the way in which they are announced or presented at E3.

"I liked that Godfather film, but I hate the date they announced it on!"

People treat Sony not attending at E3 as something that affects them, but it doesn't change anything about the games you will play.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried E3 isn't really for gamers anyway no matter how much they try to make it out that it is, it's for the investors and the annalists and the stock holders

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WebHead

Also don't be suprised if scarlett gets a Scorpio style hardware tease. I can see xbox wanting to control the power convo early

WebHead

FullbringIchigo

@WebHead to be honest if Sony don't at least announce the PS5 at an event before E3 then MS showing their next system will get a LOT of coverage

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WebHead

@FullbringIchigo which is unlikelyand gives further incentive to tease hardware early and control the power convo. MS does not really have the luxury of time.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Kidfried

I don't think we'll hear anything from Sony until after E3.

If Sony announce the PS5 before E3, they're going to want to be at E3, showing off the hardware. Even without press conference they could steal the show.

The fact that they aren't there is a confirmation we won't hear anything until September.

I think it's very smart of them too, when you think of it. Sony have announced their PS4 exclusives for 2019 and beyond, so no way is Microsoft going to beat Sony on that terrain this year. Sony being at E3 or not won't change that conversation.

Then of course there is the topic of next-gen. And this is a more difficult terrain. Microsoft have always announced those at separate events. They could do that at E3 this year, but that seems hardly likely. Not in line with their announcement of Xbox One, which was only five months in advance. And I don't expect Xbox Scarlett to release in 2019.

So... yea, so... I kinda get why Sony or Microsoft should skip this year. It doesn't seem like the ideal year for current-gen nor next-gen announcements.

Honestly, I can see Microsoft being like "wish we had skipped this year too!"

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@Kidfried Sony diesn't 'need' to be at E3 - even if they do announce the PS5 beforehand. They will want to have their own event and be the centre of attention - not competing with all the other companies that will be at E3 fighting for news coverage. There is NOTHING stopping Sony from inviting select Press and/or big youtubers to attend their own big reveal event to get actual hands on and control exactly what information leaks via NDA's etc - whether that's specs, OS features, games being demoed on the system etc, it gives Sony much more control than if they were at E3 with no control on who attends, no NDA's signed etc. They could still attend Gamescom or TGS to show off the console a bit more and allow the 'general' public to get closer to the system - the people that actually will be buying this. Hosting their own event to announce and reveal the PS5 is no different from the PS4 Pro - albeit for just a iterative and potentially smaller announcement - although you could also look at it as a 'trial' run for their future plans.

E3 is a mass event with publishers and competitors all fighting for the limelight, all wanting to have their products making headlines and being the centre of attention. Sony tend to have the advantage of going last so end up being the last stop so to speak. However, that can also raise expectations, can feel a bit flat or dare I say disappointing if the other reveals have excited. People are also 'tired' after a busy few days and they have had to wait whilst everyone else has their moments. I know that Sony Fanboys and Sony-centric sites may not be so jaded or disappointed because they couldn't care less what the 'competition' have revealed or talked about but the general press and those with broader interest can feel disappointed if Sony doesn't show as many games as MS or have as many new reveals. It worked well for Sony in 2013 - as we know - because MS's flopped and Sony reacted to this, mocking MS. They don't want to be answering questions about MS and how they feel their console is 'better', what tricks it has to beat MS or any questions that compare MS's E3 with their E3 - they want the attention purely on them and their new product.

FullbringIchigo

OK so i just went to play FFXV on my XBOX ONE and currently my XB1 doesn't like my wireless router for some reason even though it was working fine and because i'm not online i can't use any of my DLC on ANY game, DLC i have brought, paid for and is installed on my console i can't access because i'm not connected to XBL

well that's total B******* and that's enough for me now, first my disc drive just stops working then it starts to not want to connect to my router and NOW i can't even use thing i have rightfully paid for! my XB1 is going back in the damn box and can gather dust for all i care now and with the 3 OG XBOX's, the 4 XB360's i went through and all this trouble i'm not getting another XBOX again

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Is that an OG XB1? I ended up having to replace my OG XB1 because the Disc Drive stopped being able to read discs - the problem us that it doesn't pull the disc in enough to align perfectly but if you lift the front up and allow gravity to help, it works. A pain in the ass I know. The problem has also affected my Son's too but he buys a LOT more digitally than I do so its not such an issue for him. I also had issues with my controller disconnecting when used wirelessly - seemed far more sensitive to interference but not an issue for me now with my X.

My S (not that it had much use) never had a problem and so far my X has been 'faultless' too. I don't know what the issue with your wireless connection is - My main consoles are hardwired and rarely (if ever) turn on my consoles in the bedroom which are wireless - I also have an XB1S in the bedroom now - not my OG XB1...

I wouldn't say I will never buy an Xbox again. The only console I have had 'big' issues with - to the point I couldn't even play ANYTHING on was my OG PS3 Phat that ended up with YLOD - the equivalent of the XB360's RROD (not that I ever had RROD) - and if I let that affect me, I would never have bought the PS4, PS4 Pro or be interested in the PS5.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy yeah i should have been more clear, the disc drive was an OG XB1 but the new issue is on a XB1s, i have also tried various things such as hard wiring it and even tried 2 other routers and none of it worked so to me that says the issue is with the XB1s itself

and i understand what your saying about your PS3 but that was just one PlayStation but for me i have had 9 xbox's fail on me 9 you can't say that wouldn't affect your future choices about buying the next system and IF that had happened with my Playststaion's i would be saying the same thing especially with how much the things cost to buy

just so you know when it comes to console failures my total is

Nintendo: 0 and i have owned all of the from the N.E.S to Switch
PlayStation: 1 PS2 and that was my fault as i pulled it off the shelf
XBOX: 9 and it's be various things, Disc Drive failures, Graphic Card Failures. RROD, the Grey Screen of Death and now the Internet Adaptor which on the XB1 is really important

like i said you can't say i'm not right to NOT want to waste anymore money on a family of products i have had nothing but trouble with

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I think I would be the same. I won't buy any electrical products form certain brands if I've had problems with them. I won't buy any televisions from LG for example cos they have been problematic for me and my fam in the past. I've been quite lucky with consoles iirc, with a only a OG PS2 becoming faulty which I had for yonks, so couldn't really complain.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah LG are another one i stopped buying from, i don't know haw many TV's and DVD players of theirs i got through

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I can understand your disappointment too. I must admit, I never had any major issues with any of my consoles. The last Nintendo I owned was a Wii and I have owned at least 1 of every gen PS and XB. Maybe I have been lucky and swapped out some consoles before they became problematic. I owned two OG Xbox consoles because I swapped my black for a Crystal, 3 XB360's because I swapped out the white for an Elite which I swapped out for a Slim with Kinect and now 3 XB1's too. I wanted to keep my OG PS3 because of the PS2 chipset so that may explain why that failed and forced me to buy a PS3 slim.

The thing is with electronics is that they can fail. Heat can be an issue and these are mass produced not hand built but you should expect them to last a certain amount of time. It maybe that a connection has come loose - maybe it wasn't soldered in as well as it could be and heat has caused it to come loose...

If its still under warranty, you can get it repaired. MS will repair - not that you should expect to have it repaired of course...

@FullbringIchigo LG (or Lucky-Goldstar) were always 'cheap' - not just because of the labour costs in Korea. Lucky was their Plastics division and Goldstar their Electronics division but became LG in 1995 to compete in the western market. Goldstar were seen as cheap and couldn't compete with the likes of Sony on quality. Things have changed a bit now but even when they rebranded, they were still 'Goldstar' quality - arguably the quality of a lot of Chinese electronics but have grown to become the 2nd largest manufacturer of TV's in the world behind Samsung.

I have owned a number of LG products - mostly Kitchen appliances - and they didn't last very well. They were 'cheap' but if something went wrong, parts and labour were very expensive. It did put me off and now I don't currently own any LG products at all. I would perhaps consider a TV now but certainly wouldn't have done 10yrs ago. Things change and you wouldn't have bought Japanese cars at one point and now are some of the most reliable. Any expensive electronics purchase I make will always come with an extended warranty to ensure I am not faced with a repair bill or prematurely having to spend money to replace. LG panels are in Sony and Panasonic TV's - even in Premium brands like Loewe now and I think they are 'reasonable' quality for the price these days but you also have to remember that these are not 'premium' brands - just a big name brand like Samsung, Sony etc that are mass producing products to a 'price' to compete with everyone else. Sony for example are struggling to compete because of the labour costs and we may see TCL (a Chinese brand) pushing LG, Samsung and Sony out because they can make electronics cheaper at the same quality. Whether they have reached that level of quality yet, I don't know but probably will with time and experience. Point is, you perhaps wouldn't have bought a TCL TV a year or two ago - not if you wanted the quality that LG or Samsung offered - but maybe in a year or two, they could be the TV to buy because Samsung/LG/Sony have to make cuts somewhere to compete on price...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i don't think it's still in warranty, i'll have to try and find out when i brought it

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Good Luck - might be worth contacting MS even if it isn't under warranty as that is ridiculous for that to fail so soon....

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo I can totally agree with you there. After having g so many Slim PS2s fail on me I refuse to buy another slim model on any PlayStation. Its why I still have my OG PS4 that and I don't like the look of the PS4 Slim.

As for Xboxes go I have been lucky with them I never had a 360 RRoD on me although I bought my first 360 in 2008 so maybe by then those were a better batch. I then bought the Kinect Star Wars Xbox 360 and still.have it to this day. My Xbox One I bought from a friend a few months ago when he upgraded to the X and it's still works fine so maybe I am lucky.

As for Nintendo well the only problem I have had with them is the GameCube. It seems that every GameCube I have owned the laser stops reading discs after awhile which is why now I use an OG Wii to play GC games. Every other Nintendo system I owned has never failed me. Heck while cleaning out my mom's house I recently found my original NES the I my parents bought me on launch day and it still runs!!!

However the champ of console longevity has to be Sega. I still have my first Genesis, Sega CD and they still work great to this day. I have bought several Dreamcasts over the years and they too work great to this day. I know some people have said the 32X is junk bought I don't own one so I can't say personally.

Anyway I would try contacting MS as maybe there is something they can do but I don't blame you if you never want another MS product again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i still have my original N.E.S from 1988 too and it still works like a charm and all my SEGA systems still work too i forgot to add those to my list although i never owned a Game Gear but i heard they were pretty lousy when it came to lifespan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic