Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC i just did a quick search and it has apparently happened to a lot of other players on XB too so it's definitely an issue with the game

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

Another lacklustre month - at least as far as XB1 games are concerned. The 360 titles are fun but I think Mercenaries in particular is looking very dated now...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

Wow more junk to not even bothering downloading. I remember a time when Xbox owners were bragging that GwG was alot better then PS+ Games every month. I am beginning to think they were on something. They have just been just as bad if you ask me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki I do think they have got worse since MS has been pushing Game Pass and adding their new exclusives to that. There was a time though when Sony were just offering 'indies' and often similar ones each month too. The one saving grace I guess is that the 360 games are at least playable on your XB1 and totally free - regardless of whether you maintain your Gold subscription or not and the 360 games are often a LOT better than the PS3 and Vita games combined too.

Dragon Age 2 isn't bad - even if it isn't the best of the franchise and Mercenaries was quite a lot of fun at the time but seeing this trailer, it does look more dated now but then it is an Xbox/PS2 game - the first of that generation of games to be offered via GwG. It is nearly 14yrs old!

Never Alone won a Bafta for Best Newcomer in 2015 and the Game of the Year with Games for Change too - not that it appeals to me but its an award winning game. Qube2 doesn't appeal either and looks like a Portal 2 wannabe to me. Maybe some might get enjoyment from these but I won't bother downloading either.

There has been some good games even though it feels like MS have put more emphasis on Game Pass - last month we had BF1 (still available until 30th Nov), and the month before Victor Vran. August had Forza Horizon 2 and For Honour so its not been just mediocre indies. It would have been nice to get a better Christmas Present though - maybe PS+ will deliver that....

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy it's true you get to keep the 360 games on the GwG although it's a pain in the butt because you can't download them at all unless you have a payment option stored on XBL and after all the crap that has gone on with BOTH PSN and XBL i refuse to do that

but yeah i think your right about MS and them pushing Game Pass

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I have mine set up with PayPal - not that I ever buy anything but it may be an option for you if you are worried about having to use Card details...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy but don't you still need your details on PayPal too?

yeah perhaps i'm being over cautious about things like this BUT better safe than sorry i think

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Paypal does require details - obviously - BUT its a secure site and offers a lot of protection. I use it for all online purchases where possible and have used Paypal too to get my money back if items aren't as described or go 'missing'. It opens up Ebay too and I have used PayPal now for over 10yrs and feel more protected than using a bank card online. It made sense for me to use PayPal for Xbox too as I certainly had NO intention of having my bank cards stored on my console.

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I can vouch for PayPal too and been using it for as long as @BAMozzy, and not had one problem with them. I try not to use any sites which make you enter your card details and prefer to use PayPal when I can for any online purchases.

I know on PS4 you can set it so you have to enter a password anytime a payment is made. You can also set up two step verification, which you have verify a pin either by email or text.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I get angry every time I hear the name PayPal. I added 20 euro to my account, then tried adding my card to the account, but somehow they 'banned' me (because of my bank account number) and they won't reply to the feedback form.

Hurrah for the digital revolution!

Sorry for the unrelated post, but I just feel this very strong urge to bring this up when someone mentions PayPal. It's my character flaw.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

3 New games added to the Backwards Compatibility Program

FullbringIchigo

The Demo for Devil May Cry V is now live on the XBOX ONE, apparently this demo is exclusive it XB1 plus it also nets you some free Red Orbs in the full release

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

so i played the Devil May Cry 5 Demo last night and the game was loads of fun, classic DMC, i tried to take pictures but unfortunately it was one of those games that pauses when you bring up the quick menu and even when you try to use Cortana so you can't take any pictures of it unless you want pictures of the pause menu

i REALLY wish the XB1 had a proper share button like the PS4 does

i HATE it when games do that, why even have the ability of taking pictures if the games won't bloody let you

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I didn't realise you couldn't do that on Xbox, just assumed you could. Even the Switch does it I think.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder there are 2 ways to take pics on the XB1 press the guide button then one of the face buttons or use cortana's voice commands BUT depending on the game itslef using either pauses the game so you can't just take a picture because it doesn't have a proper share function like the PS4 and Switch does

for example on Tomb Raider Definitive Edition pressing the guid button will pause the game and bring up the pause menu but on FFXV the just freezes the game as it is

also on DMC5 Demo doing so will also skip any cutscene playing so you can't even take pics of those either

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

BAMozzy

January 2019's Games with Gold...

January's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Celeste and WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), January kicks off with Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, followed by Far Cry 2....

belmont

Celeste has one the best storytelling in recent games, I highly reccomend it.

belmont

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy Recently while on RDR2 I noticed something, my Xbox X’s fan always made loud noises everytime I played the game but while I was playing I noticed the fan went quiet when I looked up into the sky, as soon as I looked down the fan noise went louder, I know it will be because it’s processing all the graphics, wildlife etc but I’ve never experienced this before on any other game, maybe RDR2 is really pushing the X to its limits with its enhancements.

MaccaMUFC

WebHead

Xbox will probably have a pretty solid e3 this year.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

FullbringIchigo

@WebHead well lets be honest they have no competition this year so if they do have a bad one they only have themselves to blame

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic