Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 you could always kick them out, it's not very nice i know but sometimes you have to do what's best for you

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

the XBOX conference youtube stream is on live

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

I wonder if there will be as many EXCLUSIVES this time?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

OK so i'm thinking of getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the XBOX ONE, this will be the first time i brought an AC game on XBOX but i had been on a break until Origins so i have still yet to buy Unity, Syndicate and Rouge so i was wondering if it's worth getting them on XBOX ONE too before Odyssey comes out

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I don't think there is any significant advantage - no X enhancements (although I could be wrong - its been a while). The main advantage comes from the 'Boost' mode that the X offers which is significantly better than a Pro's boost mode. However, if there was a difference in things like resolution or visual settings, the PS4 may be 'better' visually but the X would play more consistently. I don't think you will gain a lot by buying them specifically on Xbox though and the game-play is more AC4 than AC Origins - particularly combat.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i figured as much but still getting them on the XB1 will let me save HDD space on my PS4 so it might still be better to get them on there

Tasuki

So I finally hooked up my new Xbox One and I only have one thing to say right now. My God the UI is a complete cluster ****. This has got to be one of the worst UI for a video game console ever.

Now I know some people will say that I am just use to the PS4 or something along those lines but even compared to the Xbox 360 I just find the Xbox One to be a nightmare to navigate.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki I somewhat agree. Of the three current consoles, I find it the least intuitive. I use the Xbox one s as my blu ray player so my family also use it and they find it hard to navigate. Also it is more sales oriented than the PS4. I am sure it is better customisable but I am just one of those people that doesn't spend time configuring.

I did get an official remote for it though and that is a lovely little accessory. Very good quality.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I remember that from the 360 days, you'd get used to the UI and then it would change completely. Not always for the better.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

roe

I actually quite like the UI now but also hated it at first. I still think the PS4's is better and more simple to use though.

roe

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki yeah they seem to have somehow made it worse than it was

people might give the PS4 UI grief for being too simple but i will take simple over messy any day

BAMozzy

The Xbox UI isn't as simplistic as the PS4's and as such, not as intuitive but its a LOT better than the UI at launch. It is quite easy once you get used to it - the 'start' page as your recent games and you can customise whatever you want to have below that page - have you pins, have your favourite game(s) and their home page, have your friends home page... That will obviously be different for all. Friends, messages, achievements, main settings etc are all on the sidebar and you can set up achievement tracking, see which you are closer to getting etc.

Its worth watching the Xbox update video's as that will give you a lot of help to see where everything is, how its designed to be used and customisable to you. Finding the right one for the basics that this layout introduced though might be a bit tricky as they have had a LOT of updates...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

NecuVise

For me, Xbox One UI is much better than PlayStation UI, especially settings and quick menu. I despise playstation UI as it's completely bloated and unintuitive. But to each their own, I guess.

NecuVise

BAMozzy

BAMozzy wrote:

Forza Horizon 4 is virtually a guarantee as these release every year but this will be the first built specifically with the X/PC and scaled down for the OG/Slim. Halo could be a possibility after nearly 3yrs and even Gears could be revealed after nearly 2 years since these released. Halo Master Chief may get some mention as that is getting X-enhanced. Games like Fable 4 and Perfect Dark could be a possibility too as both are heavily rumoured but whether these are 'advanced' enough to reveal, I don't know.

MS have made a conscious decision to keep reveals to the year ahead only after some high profile cancellations and delays. The backlash from those have meant that MS were only going to reveal games that they expect to release within the next year (before the next E3) to avoid the backlash. However with Sony announcing games years ahead, that also makes MS's seem even more limited so maybe they will be prepared to announce some games that are in 'early' development.

Obviously MS don't offer VR (not yet anyway - maybe because the Slim can't handle it) but they will also count 'Indies' and 'early access' games as 'exclusives' - even if they are timed so if they are announcing '15' new games, I doubt they will all be AAA blockbusters...

Well I was half right but on the most predictable aspect. I knew about the formation of a new studio but didn't expect them to announce 4 more they bought. Playground may as well have been under MS anyway but at one point they were expanding and open to developing multi-platform games. Whilst we didn't get the announcement of Fable, Phil alluded to an open world game currently in development at Playground which has been rumoured to be Fable.

MS also seem to be more prepared to show some 'longer' term plans than last year. Gears is unlikely to arrive before the next E3 and Halo looks even further away - but at least its a new engine and really does look like 343 has gone back to the roots of the game - giving us Master Chief in a big and very open (if it isn't 'open world') game. Certainly had similarities to the original Combat Evolved trailer.

Forza Horizon 4 looked great and whilst it was no surprise to see it, it was a surprise to see it set in the UK - especially after all the leaks about Japan. Japan may have been a good idea too if tey are trying to break into Japan more - after all they have shown quite a few very Japanese games in recent years - Code Vein, Black Desert, Dragonball Z fighting game, Sekiro, Jump Force, DMC etc.

To me the conference was very assured, very confident, professional and optimistic too. You didn't feel that they were on the back foot or 'apologetic'. Even if a lot of the games will be playable by Sony gamers too, they still seemed confident that they had the 'best' games and offering the 'best' console to play all of those and committed to the future too - not just in words but in action.

Some may have noticed that Phil mentioned Consoles in the plural which some have taken to mean that their next may well come in 2 flavours - 1 of which being a 'streaming' box. It could be that is the case but it could also mean that they are looking further ahead and that they expect to be in business of building 'consoles' for a long time. Personally if they do offer a 'digital only' box as well as a 'full' console - I am buying Full. They also stated that they were looking at using the cloud for 'console' quality games streaming on any device - maybe a mobile/tablet streaming Xbox to take on Switch??

This is their keynote speech at the end of their conference which you have to say was a big statement!

Tasuki

So this might be a stupid question but I have tried to figure it out on my own.

I bought Rare Replay on disc last night I put the disc in the system and well I can't find where to launch the game from.

I looked under Games and the only game listed is Killer Instinct (which I downloaded) but I don't see Rare Replay anywhere. Am I missing something?

My Backlog

roe

@Tasuki on the homepage, it'll be in the middle of the screen, there should be a disc icon and you can install from there.

Although with Rare Replay it's a pain because it installs each of the games invididually and you can't just pick which ones you want. Obviously you can pick after and you can stop them all from queuing but I found it a bit annoying

roe

Tasuki

@roe Ah ok and appearently it wasn't reading the disc, that was the problem. Just needed a good cleaning and after I did that it popped up under games.

Time now to get my butt kicked in Battletoads.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Started playing Jade Empire on the Xbox One and it looks really good. Makes me wish they would make a sequel to it

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki There are a LOT of games that I wish they made a sequel of - Jade Empire is certainly one of them...

JimbobLink

@Tasuki I bought the disc off eBay when I saw it come up on back compat. Then I saw that the download was cheaper. Darn it!

JimbobLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic