Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,436

MaccaMUFC

@JohnnyShoulder I always thought the controls were fine for me but I do agree with BAMozzy that other games like Gears do feel better to control wether it’s going cover to cover or mantling.

@BAMozzy I got the Gold Edition too in the Easter sale from the Store, I already completed the story and did pretty much everything I could do when it first came out but never played any of the DLCs. Today I finished the first phase of the Underground where you infiltrate the Riker’s hideout, it was fun but very short. I then went and tried Survival and it’s the most fun I’ve had from the game so far, on my first attempt I managed to escape in a helicopter that someone else had fired a flare for but they didn’t board, I presumed they just didn’t make it in time or died, but what made it more exhilarating was my character had contracted severe sepsis which then has a countdown life expectancy counter and I had only less than a minute to live before I boarded the helicopter, up to this point I was playing for nearly an hour and was panicking looking for a dose to temporarily ease the sepsis but was running out of time and I was thinking I’m about to waste nearly an hour of playing only to die close to the end but then out of pure luck I had heard that someone had fired a flare to be extracted only for me to board his/her ride. It may only be a game but I honestly felt great for a moment. I’ve yet to play Last Stand I will try that later tonight.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

carlos82

Picked up a few of the games that have been added to the Xbox bc recently and have been having a lot of fun with Red Dead Redemption in 4K, the game looks great and still plays fantastic. Also got Panzer Dragoon Orta from the original XBOX and the X plays it at 1920p 60fps and it looks incredible for a 16 year old game and frankly better than many I buy now. Enhanced backwards compatibility has become one of my favourite features of the console, giving me the opportunity to experience games like the above and
the magnificent Witcher 2 either for the first time or at performance/resolution we could never have dreamed first time around, I hope we get many more titles added over the coming months/years and hopefully Sony learn some lessons for the inevitable PS5.

On a side note has anybody played Jade Empire? Don't know much about it and winder what it's like

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

carlos82

@KratosMD thanks for that, yet another game on my to play list then 😆. I barely get time for new games at the moment

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Jaz007

@carlos82 Jade Enpire is KOTOR set in mystical king-fu China with an actual combat system where you fight with with a kung-fu style of your choice. It won’t win any awards, but it’s solid and works well. It’s much better than the D&D style dice of KOTOR as it actually uses your skill a good bit. I’m pretty sure it uses the same engine as KOTOR too. You always choose what you say with the karma system being the way of the open palm and the way of the closed fist. It tries a little to differate this from good Vs. Evil, but not very much. It’s very well written and an excellent game.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@carlos82 I actually prefer the Jade Empire.to KoTOR II in fact it was due to Jade Empire being in development the caused Bioware not making KotOR II. If you haven't played it it's one of the must have ones in the original Xbox library.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

carlos82

@Jaz007 @Tasuki cheers guys I'm sold on this now KOTR was one on my favourite games on Xbox but I never got round to this for some reason, another game now for me to look forward to 😁

Tasuki

@carlos82 Yeah alot of people over looked it which is easy to do. I don't know what the reason is but for some reason it didn't get the push like KotOR did, Mass Effect or Dragon Age but it does have a following. In fact it puzzles me as to why Jade Empire never got a sequel although given the state of Bioware now I would be afraid that it would end up being something like Mass Effect Andromeda and just be trash.

I honest had no clue about the game until a few years ago myself when I bought an original Xbox just to play KotOR. I finished that and was looking up other original Xbox exclusives when I found saw people going on and on about Jade Empire and how good it was so I decided to check it out and it didn't disappoint.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

May's Games with Gold. MGSv was given as a PS+ IGC game and I had no interest in it then either. Vanquish as a BC game though is the only game I am interested in. Rumours are that a sequel was in production as a MS exclusive (maybe timed or just a false 'rumour') but its the only one I will add.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

I doubt a sequel for Vanquish would be a MS exclusive after they dumped Platinum for fecking up Scalebound...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

I doubt MS would try having such adventure with Platinum Games after Platinum screwed them over Scalebound so hard.

NecuVise

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder @NecuVise I am only stating the rumour https://wccftech.com/vanquish-2-xbox-one-exclusive/ - Industry insider Marcus Sellars recently posted a message on Discord revealed that Vanquish 2 is indeed in the works as an Xbox One exclusive game. Nothing else has been said about the matter, but it’s unlikely that it will be directed by Shinji Mikami, as he has left Platinum Games to run his studio, Tango Gameworks, the team behind The Evil Within series.

https://gamerant.com/vanquish-2-xbox-one-rumor/ - Like with any video game rumor, it’s important to take this claim with a grain of salt. Even though Sellars has been accurate in the past, he has offered no evidence to back up his claims that Vanquish 2 is in development in any form. Having said that, if Vanquish 2 is coming to Xbox One as an exclusive, it wouldn’t necessarily be all that surprising.
After all, Microsoft already has an established relationship with Platinum Games. Until its cancellation, Microsoft was producing Scalebound with Platinum Games, which was being positioned as a major console-exclusive. While Scalebound never finished development, it still helped to form a connection between Microsoft and Platinum, which could have opened the door for other collaborations.

Just to prove it wasn't something I made up...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

NecuVise

@BAMozzy it feels to me like you are trying to defend yourself, and there's just no need to do that, as I wasn't attacking you or something like that, I was just expressing my thoughts on the subject. I didn't even cross my mind that you were lying or something like that.

It would be an interesting development, and I would like them to succeed, but it just looks too strange to me.

NecuVise

carlos82

I played most of Metal Gear Solid V on the PS4 so I'll likely add it but probably never get round to playing it. Vanquish is one of those games I always wanted to play but never got round to so I'll definitely be giving that a go and I always liked the Streets of Rage games.

To be honest I'm struggling to keep up with
excellent bc games such as Witcher 2, Conker, Panzer Dragoon Orta and then Red Dead Redemption, all the while replaying the magnificent Witcher 3 and experiencing it's DLC for the first time.

Damn you Microsoft with all of your bc 4k goodness

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i have that on the PS2 and if i remember the camera controls were stiff on that version too

might just be how it was back then

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Camera controls have greatly improved in general so its not surprising that games of that era are 'clunky' or stiff by comparison. At the time, these things weren't so much of an issue because they were the 'norm' or even 'better' than other games of that time. I remember going back to Goldeneye after playing games like CoD4 and can't believe how poor the Aiming was when aiming down sight with a sniper for example - yet that was 'amazing' at the time because it was 'unique' on console. As amazing as Super Mario 64 was, the camera was poor and you could rotate it but only in 90 degree intervals. max Payne was only 5yrs and a console 'generation' later but you also have to remember that 3D gaming like this was also only 5yrs later too. Developers were still getting to grips with developing games in 3D, creating 3D worlds and writing stories too.

Splat

I'm mildly interested in State of Decay 2. Any of you guys play the first one? I never did. I would have to get on PC since I don't have an X-Box.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

NecuVise

@Splat I played the first one one Steam and enjoyed it a lot. It's a little rough around the edges but after you get used to the game in the first few hours, it gets so interesting and unique. I believe the second one will improve on it and it will be at least as enjoyable as the first one.

NecuVise

FullbringIchigo

sometimes i love working at a supermarket

i just got DOOM, Battlefield 1, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Rise of the Tomb Raider all for the XB1 at £1 each as it's unsalable stock because they have no cases or documentation

bloody brilliant ^_^

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki That is quite common here in the UK, from my experience though they don't usually stock the greatest range of titles and are usually just the latest chart titles.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic