Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 2,436

BAMozzy

This is the announcement of the BC games and has some comparisons between OG Xbox versions of Battlefront and Jade Empire and the XB1 versions

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

Digital Foundry's breakdown of the RDR enhanced version - 9x the pixel count over both the XB360 and XB1 (both 720p) and 16x Anisotropic Filtering - but more importantly, the most consistent and near faultless 30fps with no screen tear...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy I watched that DF comparison video on my phone last night but it doesn’t do it justice unless you watch it on a 4K display and it wasn’t until I played it on the X that I really seen the difference, I could tell straight off how the native 4K made it look a lot clearer and sharper but also the cutscenes running at a steady 30fps whereas on the 360 and XB1 it always stuttered.

For awhile people have been asking for RDR to be remastered but since Rockstar aren’t in the business of remastering their games, this looks to be the only way to experience RDR at its best in native 4K and at a consistent 30fps, only on the X since RDR isn’t even on PC, playing it on a PC through PS Now doesn’t really count since you can’t optimise it like you could if it released solely on PC itself.

I would like to now see GTA IV get the same treatment that RDR got but I doubt it will happen and I can’t believe Max Payne 3 still hasn’t been made BC yet, it would also be great to have both Max Payne 1 & 2 made BC as well.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC youtube videos rarely do 4k justice - even if you watch youtube via your TV and not on a smaller screen - like a phone or laptop. There is a lot of compression which is why DF set up a Patreon page to download their 4k videos and watch them at the quality they were recorded.

However, even with a smaller - even just a 1080p display - you can see there is a significant difference. Its hard not to notice the shimmer on the original too that is eradicated by the jump up in resolution. Combined with the much cleaner and sharper image and the much more consistent frame-rates, its certainly the closest we will most likely get to a 'remaster' and definitely the 'best' option to play this game.

The X enhanced BC games in particular are almost like 'new' games - they look and play much better than ever (unless you had a PC and these games released on that - not the case with RDR though) with virtually perfect frame-rates, no screen tear, 4k visuals and 16x Anisotropic filtering. At best, the base XB1 improves just the frame rate of 360 games but the X goes above and beyond.

carlos82

Definitely gonna pick up a few of the Star Wars games, particularly KOTR but the star of the show for me is Panzer Dragoon Orta. I loved those games on the Saturn and this includes that original game albeit the PC version and Orta is one of the very best rail shooters ive ever played, also with Sega now on board how about Shenmue 2?

Watched the digital Foundry video of Red Dead and that is looking fantastic, I wish I'd have bought it when it was on sale recently. We can only hope Microsoft keeps up the good work and Sony learns from this for the future

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

MaccaMUFC

The Division has just received quite a massive new update with added events and huge list of bug fixes but what’s better is that it has received an X enhancement patch which includes 4K rendering, higher anisotropy, improved reflections, improved object detail and improved screen-space shadows. Happy about that seeing as I’ve just picked up the Gold Edition in the Easter sale and yet to play any of the dlc.

MaccaMUFC

JohnnyShoulder

Good game The Division but to get the most out of it you need to play it co-op. It's doable solo but some sections will be more tricky on your own.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

The Division, Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor. So that's three Ubisoft games that are actually better now compared to when they were first launch. Kudos to the developers for sticking by their product and actually improving it.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Good game The Division but to get the most out of it you need to play it co-op. It's doable solo but some sections will be more tricky on your own.

I bought the game a few weeks ago as people were saying its great now and with the promise of 4k support but I am finding the game very clunky and, as you say, tricky solo. Those shielded enemies - even a level below me are bullet sponges (at least until you take their shield off) whilst I die in what seems 1 or 2 hits. Playing solo also means all of their focus, as well as all the 'goons' are directed at me. That combined with clunky controls - sticking to cover when you want to run or suddenly standing up out of cover only to die in seconds, is becoming frustrating. Why the hell is 'A' set to cover and 'B' set to jump/mantle too? In every other game, A is to jump/mantle - that doesn't help me. Gears of War feels much more responsive and less clunky.

I keep trying to get into the game but when a Side quest, encounter takes so long 'solo' to beat it, getting frustrated by shielded bosses with insane fire-power and accuracy, its not much 'fun' at all...

NecuVise

@WanderingBullet Is For Honor much better now? I played it in beta, seemed like a nice concept, but then the game got mild reception and a bad word of mouth so I skipped it. Maybe I'd try it now if it has improved on Siege level of improvement.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy I was quite lucky and played the majority of the game with a mate. Once you get to the Base of Operations you can start to upgrade your character, get better weapons, gear and obtain stuff like turrets and drones which will help you.

I don't remember finding the controls clunky however but do recall have to tweak them in the options.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I've got my base and done the first 'medical' wing mission but that rooftop fight with the armoured 'boss' was a pain in the proverbial. I only had AR's to hit him at range but he had an LMG and loads of henchmen too. He was far too accurate and far too much a bullet sponge too considering I was at least a level if not 2 above him but he could kill me in 2/3 shots but it took me 2clips just to remove his shield - all whilst being rushed by henchmen as well as shot or grenaded by them. Like I said, playing Solo, they were all focused on me where as if I had another friend, they could have taken some fire away, flanked around and/or provided medical support.

Play other third person cover shooters - like Gears - and you feel how much more fluid it is, how much better the cover and mantling system is. Even Ubisoft's games like Future Soldier or Advanced Warfighter felt better too. I know its much more 'RPG' but they had decent mechanics in their library so they could have used or even refined those.

I didn't want to have to play the game co-operatively to get anywhere. The only co-op should be the Dark Zone (not that I will EVER go there). You want to be able to enjoy the game whether you play solo or not - not feel you have to play co-op just to get anywhere.

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Hmmmm maybe it isn't for if you are not even willing to give co-op or the Dark zone a chance.

MaccaMUFC

@JohnnyShoulder I play The Division solo too like @BAMozzy I just like exploring and doing missions at my own pace, only then after completing the missions that I’ll tackle them again in co-op, yeah it’s easier and could be more fun but I like to take my time in games, especially open-world games so I can take in all the details and explore at my own leisure and not feel forced having to keep moving with a co-op partner.

MaccaMUFC

WanderingBullet

@NecuVise No problem, man. My suggestion is maybe wait to see if the game has another free trial weekend. That way you can try it again.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@MaccaMUFC I did say it was doable solo. I was lucky at my mate played at a similar pace as me, as like you I like to take my time with games and explore and stuff. And we spent probably more time tinkering with out gear and weapons lol.

How did you find it to control? Did you have similar problems as @BAMozzy?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder All games that have 'co-op' options for the story, I play Solo first because I want to control the pace, the direction and most important, I want to fully experience the story. I like exploring, looking for collectibles etc too which can get 'boring' for some who want to just get to the next engagement. I hate people talking when the game is telling me something, whether that's during a cut scene or just general background info. Once I have beaten a game, explored everything, found most (if not all) collectibles, I am more than happy to play co-op.

I have no interest in 'Dark Zone'. I didn't buy the Division for the Dark Zone but for the story, the rest of the city and the DLC - inc the survival mode and DLC content - hence I bought the Gold edition. I heard that the DLC inc Survival had transformed the game from the mediocre to good and Survival was a lot of fun. I still expected the game to be 'playable' and fun Solo though. Maybe it will be when I have better gear to tackle shielded bullet sponges.

Edited on by BAMozzy

JohnnyShoulder

I played it about a year ago and I thought it was really good then. Apparently when it launched it need some work to get up to a decent level.

Like I said I played with a mate and we a have similar play styles and a good understanding of when to shut up lol. This wasn't some random we've known each for about 10 years through psn. I don't replay games and wanted to experience playing a game in co-op. I had not done it before or since.

The Dark Zone is awesome. I initially hated it but once I got the hang of it I couldn't get enough of it. You get some really good weapons and gear from doing it too, some of it not available in the 'normal' game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic