Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@KratosMD This is what I have found about the V2 Controller

"The first thing improved with this version are the bumper buttons. Microsoft says it has "fine tuned" them for better performance along the full length of the buttons, and honestly, they do feel better to use. You get a pretty even 'clickyness' along the entire length which is probably what Microsoft was shooting for."

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i haven't heard anything about a V3 i'm afraid

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I think the V3 is the one with Bluetooth for PC owners. V2 added the 3.5mm jack and improved the bumpers but didn't have Bluetooth. The V3 is no different other than in-built bluetooth and 'textured' grips - also known as the Xbox One S revision.

From Wiki
2015 revision (V2)
On June 9, 2015, Microsoft unveiled a revised version of the standard controller. Its shoulder buttons were redesigned for improved responsiveness, a 3.5 mm headphone jack was added near the controller's expansion port, and support for wireless firmware updates was added.

2016 revision (Xbox One S)
A third revision of the controller was introduced alongside the Xbox One S, an updated model of the Xbox One console, unveiled in June 2016. It features textured grips, and additionally supports Bluetooth, which allows it to be used wirelessly on Bluetooth-enabled PCs without the need for the proprietary Wireless Adapter. Users can also custom-order this controller revision via the "Xbox Design Lab" service, with their choice of colors, and an optional inscription of their Xbox Live screen name for an additional fee. It has been made available in white, black, red, and blue colors, as well as other limited edition colors.

If you want to get the 'latest' controller, if it has Bluetooth - its a 2016 (V3) revision. If it doesn't but has the 3.5mm jack, its the 2015 (V2) revision. I doubt you will find many of these in stores now and even less likely to find the original version...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

carlos82

So I've been putting a fair bit of time in on the X recently with The Witcher 2, Cuphead and Sea of Thieves (that I'm quite addicted to) and many first party games on the console are hitting full 4k with third party open worlds coming in under that. Until that is Far Cry 5 with it's full fat 4k HDR presentation in a huge open world and it looks simply stunning, hopefully others will follow suit as it really does make a huge difference to these games.

As for Far Cry itself I bought the gold edition mainly as I was more excited for the DLC than anything, oh and number 3 and after my first few hours I was having a lot of fun but felt the story was a bit absent. Now after quite a bit more time I'm completely hooked and I also how how well the story is presented as it happens more organically through your choice rather than just been told where to go. This goes for the exploration as a whole as towers are gone so you now need to explore, with my absolute favourite parts being the prepper rooms which are nice little contained puzzles/experiences. Combat is as excellent as always with dizzying amount of options in how to tackle situations and all at rock solid performance regardless of platform. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and can't recommend it enough despite the somewhat mixed reviews

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

BAMozzy

@carlos82 I bought FC5 as soon as I saw the Season Pass details and the fact that FC3 was included. I had a £10 voucher with Amazon so I pre-ordered the Gold Edition too. Visually, the game is (almost) Photorealistic - the characters etc do look more 'game-like' than real but still incredibly good but compared to the vegetation etc, its obvious these are 'graphics'. The native 4k HDR imagery is absolutely stunning but even still, you can see the limitations of the consoles - most obviously the pop-in draw distance - not just vegetation/shadows either. Its not a 'criticism' as such but it does show some of the compromise Ubisoft had to make to get the native 4k and rock solid performance. Strange though the map screen has quite bad screen tear but at least its not affecting actual game play.

Point is though, that other devs may well not compromise on draw distances for example so 'harshly' and rather drop the resolution down (or at least have dynamic scaling). We don't know how expensive (as far as 'time' goes) all the settings are with different engines. Each frame, at 30fps, have to be ready within 33ms (that's 3.3 hundredths or 0.033s). That's for all the calculations of enemy positions, AI calculations, bullets and their trajectory, physics, explosions etc as well as render the frame and apply all the lighting, shadow calculations, ambient occlusion, etc. Whilst the 'image' is presented in 2D, the GPU still builds up a 3D world. A lot of engines now though don't bother rendering (in detail) the things that we as the player can't see - for example if a car was behind a wall with the back-end visible, the GPU will only render the back end and keep the 'hidden' section in low detail - even wire frame until it has to 'render' it properly but as the back-end was rendered, its held in cache to cut time down. This is just 1 trick that devs can use to cut down render time and different engines/devs may have more tricks and time saving or less expensive methods for things like shadows for example.

That's why just because Ubisoft may offer 4k 30 in an open world this large and impressively detailed, maybe one of their other engines or another dev/publisher can't deliver that 'resolution' or aren't prepared to sacrifice draw distance (for example) as much.

Anyway - Far Cry 5 is a good game, both visually and its 'game-play'. There is a lot of humour and tongue in cheek moments, side quests etc too...

NecuVise

@KratosMD i never looked at it that way but now that you mentioned it I have to agree with you. I also don't care for trophies if I'm not going for platinum as I deem only that one as important while with achievements and gamerscore everything counts. You can even compare yourself to your friends how you fared in the last/current month and that's sorely missing from psn.

So I like your insight, you have so easily influenced me

NecuVise

BAMozzy

Having finished Far Cry 5, I have decided to start playing through the Witcher 3 DLC. It wasn't a priority having bought the GotY edition on PS4 so I played through the main game again and all the DLC on that console. It's stunning in 4k - I haven't tried the performance mode as I wanted to see the game in the highest resolution and HDR too - can't wait to get to Blood and Wine...

@KratosMD I never noticed that happening in my FH3 but then I had played a few hours into the game long before FM7 launched. I saved a lot of the game until the X arrived and the only thing that annoyed me was the fact the season pass areas are on the map and the DLC cars are included in the menu's to the point that it seems they are being excessively pushed. I don't play 'racing' games that much - just occasionally for so,me mindless gaming and something different to the games with a big focus on Story. As such, I don't want all DLC and want to see what cars I can buy. I wish there was a way to turn off DLC cars from the lists.

BAMozzy

19 new OG Xbox games coming to Xbox Backwards Compatibility this month inc Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, Star Wars KotoR 2, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Jade Empire, Morrowind, Blinx, Conker Live and Reloaded, SSX3 etc.

Not only that, 6 more XB360 games are now Xbox One X enhanced. these are Red Dead Redemption, Darksiders, Gears of War 2, Portal 2, Sonic Generations and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/backward-compatibility...

NecuVise

I'm impressed with the games and I imagine many people will be happy to have red Dead redemption remastered on x1x before rdr2.

NecuVise

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy that actually covers most of my OG xbox games now which is great

and at last 2 decent Battlefront games to play

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

KALofKRYPTON

Sonic Generations... Must admit, I'm a bit jel.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i'm just glad to be able to play it again, when my 360 died i lost access to a lot of games i loved

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy @KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo Im considering getting my own x1s for the old games. I can never use my kids due to Fortnite or whatever other kids crap they play so it will probably be a wise investment. Do you need to buy xbox live to run these games? I would love a replay of Jade Empire, Conker, Gears 2 and Halo Reach. I have never played Red Dead so thats a win as well.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy do you mean XBL Gold, well i don't have it right now and they work fine

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo Thanks. Crazy question I know. Wanted to be sure.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy You only need Gold if you want to play the games online - same as you would on a 360.

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy got you.

I gave up on xbox last gen (had the 360 as my main console) so all the backwards compatibility has me intrigued. I know the original xbox was a bit of a black sheep but I loved it. No memory cards, the best rpg of that gen in kotor, the best fps in Halo 1 and 2, the best racer in PGR2 and obviously Conker! That was a great generation when I look back with PS2, gamecube and xbox.

That was probably the time when games grew up.

Edited on by themcnoisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy
It was a great generation. I was working and living with my mom, so had more money than god and spent it on consoles, games, cigs & booze!

I still have my Crystal Xbox, Silver PS2 (and a red slim I got later) and Silver GameCube. I traded, sold and re-purchased so much game stuff in those days. I had black versions of each of those consoles and traded them to match my Trinitron TV!! What a knob! (Actually, my original phat PS2 did have a dodgy DVD drive).

Not many OGXB games left though. Think I have Unreal Championship, Metal Slug 3, Street Fighter Collection, Halo 2..... maybe a Fable game... Possibly still have Emergency On Planet Earth saved to the hard drive too.

Edited on by Tasuki

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I still have a box full of OG Xbox games in my cupboard, but yet to dig them out and try via BC. The games though do look like they were 'remastered' for XB360 rather than given the full XB1 era remaster and they often play better too. If you really want the 'best' Backwards compatibility experience, the X is the way to go. A number of the 360 games run just as well on the XB1 (similar drops in frame rate and same resolution) but on the X, they play faultlessly and the enhanced games are 9x the resolution meaning that many are running at native 4k. The OG games are running at 16x the resolution on X! Playing games like Forza Horizon (the first) at native 4k looks great and as you can see from the videos, games like RDR have never looked better on console. It almost makes them look and feel new.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic