Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,436

Kidfried

I think releasing this game as an "Early Access" game until they have something like a story campaign or something like that, would have really benefit the talk around this game.

This is the narrative now: "It's pretty bare bones for a full release, and servers are bad. At least they announced they're working on new content to make up for it." (similar to No Man's Sky)

This is what you'd like: "It's pretty bare bones, but it's still in early access. In just a few months they'll release this new campaign, I can't wait!" (similar to games like Gwent, Fortnite BR and such)

But anyway... if it's fun, it's fun. It looks like the appeal of this game lies in the way it is getting people together and cooperate. As long as you're having fun the quantity of content doesn't matter that much. Games like Super Smash Bros. have these big story modes, thousands of options and et cetera, but I never play anything besides just 1v1 4-stock mode.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

I was considering Sea of Thieves with a friend but having looked at reviews, the main issue is content and lack of progression (which is a conscious design choice).

I have heard some theories that this was pushed out the door to advertise and promote Game Pass. It has been heavily promoted with the Game Pass and is the nearest major first party release to come out after this was all announced. The, slightly conspiratorial, suspicion is that Game Pass doesn't include any content updates or DLC that you would normally get with an actual copy of the game, therefore users would have to pay to get future updates.

Not sure I subscribe to that as it feels a little tin foil hat but at the same time, the gameplay loop does seem to be, get a mission, sail to an island, dig up treasure, trade for a cosmetic item and repeat. It feels very No Man Sky in the sense of more content being worked on (not that it was overpromised).

I think it looks quite cool, the water and art style looks amazing and would be awesome with a few friends sailing a ship.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego it does look like it has a lot of potential but they did a No Mans Sky and launched with nothing to do but IF they add some new stuff with updates i'll jump in but right now i don't think it's worth it

and i also don't think it was launched early for Game Pass but lets be honest would it be surprising if it was? you know how crappy a lot of big game companies are working now a days

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

Aprils Games with Gold...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy WAIT AC: SYNDICATE!

Sweet ^_^ that's the only AC game i never got round to buying

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

The thing with these great line ups is... the games are ridiculously good, but I've completed all of those great games already. But those are great games indeed.

Syndicate is my favourite AC game, actually and The Witness one of my top 5 games of this generation. I think many missed out on these two games, so that's quite a nice selection.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo @KratosMD It is a good month and arguably better than PS+ offerings - although as usual it is helped by Backwards Compatibility. I am looking forward to both Assassins Creed: Unity and Mad Max on the PS4 - I say looking forward to but I still have games I paid for to play and finish off. I have already have, played and beaten Dead Space 2 but I gave up on AC after 4 so I don't have Unity or Syndicate (yet). I don't know how Syndicate will feel after Origins which I loved and completed (inc both DLC's too).

@KratosMD Forza 5 was kinda rushed and felt lacking after 4 and it was a 'launch' game BUT they still had 2yrs and a lot of games they could have taken tracks and cars from to give it more. 6 was a return but 7 is even better as the games 'dynamic' weather has much greater impact than 6's more 'cosmetic' feeling weather. Visually 7 is a step up too - maybe because it was built for the 'X' first and foremost with the PC as a strong secondary consideration too where as 6 was built for the base console only. 6 was then ported to PC and adapted but it was still built for the base console as the only consideration at that time. Even FH3 was built with 4k and PC's in mind - as shown at E3 2016 when they demoed the game running on a 4k PC as well and how 4 players with 4 different devices (inc the S in HDR and a 4k PC gamer) could seemlessly join up in the same game. Its funny now though that FH2 is the 'worst' looking game on XB1X as the first 'Horizon' (XB360 game) now runs flawlessly in 4k.

The one thing that disappoints me with Forza is all the 'car pack' DLC's. In 4 (maybe earlier ones too but 4 I remember particularly but could have been the special edition version I had), these came with a second disc that you could install to your HDD to have extra cars. Its not that 'disappointing' but its still a little disappointing. At least 7 for example has around 700 cars but both FH3 and Forza add the DLC cars in the lists which annoys me too - they should only show up if you buy them...

I am happy to make do with the cars the game launches with but these games are more an aside - something different to do when I want a break from some intense story action rather than a 'main' game for me. I don't usually finish 'everything' in these although with 4, I think I made it to 8 or 9 years in my career seasons.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i recently went back to ACIV after playing Origins and it was a bit jarring but you soon get used to it again

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo For me, I loved AC - the first - despite its 'flaws' but at that time it still felt very good. AC2 was a massive step forward as it corrected many of the issues most had with the first but then Brotherhood (really didn't like the game as much and the MP was not my thing at all) and Revelations wore thin very quickly. AC3 had potential but wasn't realised and 4 didn't feel like an Assassins Creed game - should have dropped the 'Assassins' and made it a new IP (the first Skin n Bones perhaps?) - at most tied it in to the AC universe but still not an 'Assassins Creed' game. It was this that was the final nail in the coffin for me with the franchise - at least until what I heard about Origins - that and the changes to combat too.

As far as I was concerned, Unity tried to push the series too far for the 'console' hardware to handle (it plays well on PC - apart from the bugs and the co-op aspect didn't fit well either in my opinion) but at least tried to get back to the original premise of what AC games 'should' be - it was only the poor and buggy performance that stopped me buying. Syndicates setting interested me - London - coming from the UK myself but there was still enough that put me off - combat, too 'modern', kind of felt they were uncomfortable of making a 'mainstream' Assassins Creed game with just a female lead - I know Liberation did but that wasn't 'mainstream' as it was (initially) only on Vita - and so had to make brother and sister. The Combat, the Horse and Carriage controls and the rope launcher were all criticised and/or felt old, clunky or out of place in the series and that put me off from buying - at least I can try this out myself now.

One of the 'biggest' draws for me with Origins was the changes to combat, the fluidity and fact that opponents don't attack one at a time like they do in all others which may have been acceptable back in 2009 on the XB360/PS3 gen consoles but by 2014/15 (15 also had the Witcher 3 for example as well as numerous other games) that really made AC's combat feel dated and clunky. As great as AC2 'was' - it was my 'favourite' AC game, I find the game play now clunky and dated - which is why I rate Origins as my 'favourite' AC game. Its telling though that these 2 AC games are the only two that I have played to full completion.

Anyway, that's my opinion on the AC Franchise and no doubt your opinion could well be different. I have no intention of buying Rogue (never played this) or the Ezio collection (played all 3) because I am not that keen to be reminded of why I fell out of love with the franchise. I would be much more interested in hearing that Ubisoft would be adding more DLC to Origins in truth...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy honestly i want them to do a AC set in the modern day using Origins game play style where we can create our own custom character (as the modern day character form Origins was bland as hell and i hope to Ra she isn't in the next one) and let us finish the modern day story, that should free up the series from all the Animus crap then perhaps they could start making AC games actually set in the various time periods we play in

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo A modern day AC game may not work - or would end up being a bit too much like Hitman or a 3rd person shooter. I agree Bayek wasn't the greatest protagonist - especially compared to Ezio. It would be great if we could pick our own character but it still needs good writing and an injection of 'personality' too. I prefer the older settings myself, not having guns and cars. Modern settings also could introduce 'tech' - like cameras everywhere and I doubt the 'local' police would accept someone climbing up buildings, running over rooftops etc. Helicopters with thermal cameras wouldn't help making an escape and I can't see 'haystacks' or some other 'soft' (despite the distance you are falling, never likely to really break your fall safely) areas around a city.

A modern setting just opens up more issues that would need to be addressed and could change the game far too much. Just the introduction of modern day weapons - like automatic guns - would change the format too much. I know Bows allow for ranged combat with the Predator bow being the sniper, the Warrior Bow the shotgun, the Hunter bow the AR and Quick bow the SMG but there is still a lot of hand to hand combat with swords, spears, axes etc too. Cameras could be hacked but then it gets a bit 'Watchdogs', 3rd person cover shooter could be a bit too Ghost Recon/Division and it could all end up being a bit Far Cry too. This is why I am happy that they are sticking to Historical settings. Greece is supposed to be next but I think Japan would also be great too. I think Japan has a lot of potential but with Ghost of Tsushima in the works, may have put Ubisoft off from this - a Ninja assassin? I also think a 'Witcher' style game set in Feudal Japan with different Shogun armies controlling different areas and the various political landscape that incurs with some 'mysticism' - similar to the witches, elves/ogres etc that require an unaffiliated Samurai to deal with - like Geralt does. Point is, feudal Japan has a lot of unapped gaming potential. I know Nioh and Ghost may start to fill that potential - at least for PS owners but I think AC is a great franchise to also visit that setting in particular.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy yeah i guess a modern AC would be too much like Watch_Dogs oh and i meant the modern day character from Origins was bland (Layla, i had to look her name up that's how much of an impact she made) but yeah i can see Bayek is kinda bland too

but still either way a custom character for the modern day segments would be nice and they could still bring that particular story thread to an end, it's dragged on too long i think

as for a AC set in Japan i would LOVE that although Greece sounds like a cool place to set one too IF it's true

others settings i would like to see would be Mayan, Rome Norse and World War 1

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Greece has a lot of possibility and so does other ancient civilisations like Mayan and the Cambodian temple regions of Angkor Wat too but Feudal japan seems a better fit in my opinion. It already has the 'Ninja' assassin and the potential of Shogun armies with Samurai's as the main higher level 'enemies' - the Captains in Origins for example. I think if we get to automatic 'gun' era, we are too modern.

Gamer83

@BAMozzy
With all the 'exclusives' Sony is losing hopefully this means list wars will start fading into the sunset, gamers can accept the fact that PlayStation and Xbox have always been essentially the samething and just get back to gaming. Only company with a majority of its hits as true exclusives is Nintendo.

Gamer83

FullbringIchigo

@Gamer83 the only true exclusives on PS4 and XB1 now a days are the ones made by first party studios, most of the others end up coming to other systems or P.C eventually which is a good thing in my opinion

people should have a chance to play as many games as possible regardless of whether they own a PS4, XB1 or P.C

BAMozzy

@KratosMD To be honest, I never had issues with the bumpers at all. I bought an Elite on release which also supposed to have 'bumper' issues but again not had any issues - yet. I do know the V2 was supposed to have 'better' bumpers as that was one area that people felt could be improved - not necessarily because they broke but the way they felt after the 360's. I can only suggest that its worth trying - after all what choice do we have if a controller stops functioning properly...

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD my OG XB1 controller had an issue with the control stick it would "drift" to the left all by itself but i have had no issues at all with my new one which is a the V2, although i haven't noticed any difference in the way the bumper work between the two

Gamer83

@FullbringIchigo
My comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek, I do agree though, the more who get to play third party games, the better. I'm not a big fan of exclusive deals on third party games at all unless it's the absolute only way possible for something to get made like was the case with Bayonetta 2 and 3.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic