Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 2,436

carlos82

@BAMozzy @MaccaMUFC I'm loving the bc on the X so far as it's introducing to me to many games that I've never played and they're all available for so little money. I'm tempted by Crackdown to play with my step son and it'll only cost £4 to get myself 2 copies.

Also found The Witcher 2 for a tenner, only done the training area so far and it suggested I should play on hard (I'm not sure why 😆). In any case its very early days but it plays very well and looks great and I cant wait to see whats in store.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

BAMozzy

@carlos82 The Witcher 2 was a game I bought at launch on the 360 - although it has been offered free as GwG but its still easily worth £10. All the games on BC run better on the X (not so much on the S) because you get no screen tear at all and generally perfect performance (if not perfect - better than ANY other console). You also get the max Anisotropic Filtering baked in on the X to improve textures as well as better loading times.

Bayonetta runs at a locked 60fps - better than the Switch version and the ONLY console that doesn't drop frames. Even if you enjoyed these old games on a 360/PS3, a LOT are much better now. Only the few games that ran perfectly play like they did - but you still get the benefits of faster loading and better texture filtering as standard across all games.

As I hear a lot, a good game is a good game regardless of its visuals and the 360 era had a lot of great games. Its good to see some getting a boost in resolution too which may encourage 'new' gamers to check these games out for the first time...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

carlos82

@BAMozzy it's definitely a console which is making me want to go back and play some older games, whether it's those that I've played and enjoyed or perhaps missed first time round. The X enhancements are great but I'm just as happy to play others too and doesn't it increase the resolution of og Xbox games by 16x? After trying Burnout Paradise on EA Access it's made me want to play the earlier titles as I miss the crash mode and still have a soft spot for the original game too.

Overall though it is one amazing console that satisfies my needs for the latest in gaming technology and being able to play classic, arguably retro games too. I really like my PS4 but if I go to CEX I'm limited to just the PS4 shelf yet with Xbox I quite literally have half of the shop to look at, with many classics for very little cost and all will work better than they ever Have, the irony is that all I see online is how Xbox has no games and here I am drowning in them

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

BAMozzy

@carlos82 OG Xbox games are only 1080p (still higher than they were) on BC but with 16x Anisotropic filtering as that is baked in - just as it is for XB360 BC games on the X. That filtering is only on 'X' but its 'extra' enhancement on top of the standard XB1 consoles. Its only the 360 'X' enhanced games that are at UHD resolution and its always 9x. A full 720p is 9x smaller than 2160p so any full 720p 360 games are a full 2160p on X but only 720p on standard XB1.

As for games, you don't have the full back catalogue to shop but 466 (of 1232 - according to Wiki) 360 games and (13 of 1048) OG Xbox games. *The LIST also indicates which are enhanced for X too - 11 so far inc Assassins Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Gears of War 3, Mirrors edge and of course the 4 new recent additions like Witcher 2 and Crackdown. Its worth looking at this list and maybe jotting down the few titles that may interest you. Its better than going out, buying a few games and find out that those aren't BC if you don't have a 360.

It does annoy me too - as you may have gathered from some of my comments, when ignorant people say the Xbox has no games. I can list 20+ that are 'exclusive' and that have released since E3 2017 (not even a year ago and due out in the 'near' future (not rumoured or dead cert games like Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 or Halo 6 either). Admittedly quite a few would be classified as indies - like Cuphead, Ori and the Will o' the Wisp. Ashen, the Last Night, Below, Tacoma etc but we also have Forza 7, PUBG, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3 - maybe not 9/10 out of 10 games but Forza and especially Cuphead have done very well at the game award shows. Two of the games that PS4 fanboys (notice I say fanboys and not 'gamers') were gloating about will/could be on Xbox soon - Crash is coming for definite and Hellblade looks like it will after several places gave it a classification rating. That, along with all the multi-platform releases and huge back catalogue of XB1, XB360 and those few OG XB games certainly doesn't seem like Xbox One is light on games. Even if you ONLY opted to play X enhanced games, there are more than the average person buys in the lifespan of a console - I believe the average gamer buys around 8 (+/- 2) games a year so the X has plenty of games to keep most people fully engaged. Of course I would like more choice and games of quality with a strong Single Player focus but I too have an ever increasing backlog - inc 100+ games ready to download from IGC (going back to the start of the IGC programme - thanks to BC). I have nowhere near the number of games on my PS4 despite it being my 'lead' console for a while.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

Really happy Crash coming to Xbox, it’s going to be X enhanced too with HDR and 4K, I think I’ll be seeing a huge difference since the last time I played it on PS1.

@carlos82 I noticed when I had the misfortune of visiting CEX one time that they were actually increasing the price of old Xbox games, both OG and 360, due to them being bc on XB1. Whether this is standard practice or not, if you buy physical copies of games it’s best to buy a game your interested in the moment you hear it’s about to be bc. It doesn’t affect me, from the day I first bought an XB1 I’ve went all digital, despite paying over the odds from physical.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@JLPick as @KratosMD states, the Xbox has basically the same features and functionality as the PS4 and a lot of the 'newer' features that PS4 added - like external HDD support, were available on Xbox first. Its recommended that you get a USB3.0 and must be 256GB or higher HDD though. Kinect is not 'pointless' as you can still use it for voice commands but as far as gaming goes, its dead - MS has dropped it. I have Kinect and 'could' connect it to my X but the new Dash and easier navigation makes it virtually pointless - I don't miss it at all.

Game Pass and Live are 2 different things. You need Live for any Online games - inc those in Game Pass. Sea of Thieves will require Live to play online with others - not sure if it has an 'offline' option at all. Games like State of Decay 2 will need Live too for co-op play. Live is like PS+ and allows you to play online as well as gives you 4 games a month and weekly sales discounts. Game Pass is just a library of games that you can download and play BUT you will still need Live if you want to play any games online with others.

Most games have an online option - not all are competitive MP either. Gears of War 4 has an online competitive MP but it also has a great co-operative 'horde' mode too. The campaign is decent but maybe not as good as 2 and the original Gears is still a great game which has been 'remastered' for XB1. Still worth playing though if you like 3rd Person cover shooters. Forza Horizon is one of the stand-out exclusives as it is more 'fun' than the more 'sim' style racers. Its a bit like Burn-out paradise without the smashes but you aren't restricted to just 'roads'. It too though has an online component if you want to use it - not that I do. Motorsport is one of the best sim racing games on the market too. Youtube is a good place to look for video's, reviews, game-plays etc of the games so you get an idea of what the games are and what they can offer. If they appeal, a lot can cost very little money nowadays.

BAMozzy

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is coming to Xbox One & Enhanced for One X on April 11th! As a thank you to the patient Ninja Theory Xbox fans, pre-order from Monday or buy in the 1st week on the Xbox Store and save 10%!

MaccaMUFC

Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund for a recently purchased digital game from the Microsoft Store? My son used my bank card yesterday without my consent and bought a game for £49.99, what’s worse he’s already got the game on disc! I’ve went on the Microsoft account and to purchase history but there’s no option to claim a refund but I’ve heard people buying games, not liking it then getting refunded?

MaccaMUFC

crippyd

@MaccaMUFC I don't think you can. The only way would be to contact MS support and see if they would be lenient on this one occasion. I have also been in your position, my son kindly bought me the LEGO Movie game and that prompted me to change some of my settings that I hadn't thought about previously.

crippyd

MaccaMUFC

@crippyd I’m hoping that if they don’t refund the money back in my bank that they’ll at least restrict the game my son bought (like having to re-purchase to own again) and put the £49.99 into my Xbox account, at least then I could actually buy upcoming games I’m wanting then the money wouldn’t be a waste. I know about the settings that can restrict kids buying stuff like needing a password or pass key with the controller before the purchase can go ahead but my son has his own Xbox and there was no bank details on it till he put mine in without me knowing.

Edit: Just got off the phone to Support and they are refunding me the £49.99 within the next few days, so happy with that. I was asked if I had asked for a refund in the last 12 months, which I haven’t, so I’m guessing receiving a refund would only happen once a year?

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

crippyd

@MaccaMUFC That's a result for you. I set up a pass key to buy anything on my account after my incident and gave my son a stern talking to.
My lad has my old One after I got the X and I've locked his account down. There's no card attached or anything like that. He does get the benefit of my Gold as that one is my home console, but due to his age he doesn't play online except for co op with one of his pals.

crippyd

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane I think it's more for the group play experience than anything. Destiny for example is dull as dishwater, but get a decent group or a few mates in on it and it can great fun.

SoT looks great, not 'I'm going out to buy an xbox' great, but I'd probably pick it up if I had one.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@KALofKRYPTON In that case any game can be fun if you're playing it with a group, but that doesn't make it a good game IMO.

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane I'm not sure I understand your point.
It's designed with group play in mind and the vast majority of games involving group play are repetitive.

No it doesn't make any game automatically good, but 70/100 by no means suggests that it's bad.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@KALofKRYPTON I wasn't talking about Sea of Thieves in particular, I just don't think that multiplayer games should get a free pass, just because ''the fun is in playing together''.

About Sea of Thieves, I'm not saying an average score of 68-70 is bad per se. But it's kinda worrying when even the highest reviews on the list (Game Debate and SpazioGames) mention a lack of content and repetitive nature. It's unfortunate, because the game had the potential to be a lot more than what it currently is.

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane Personally, I don't think it's a free pass to judge a game based on the intended experience when that experience is borne out.

It's a shame it's looking a little shallow - but I can't say that would stop me buying it. What I've seen of it looks like a great fun time with some friends. It's not a game I'd be buying to fill huge chinks of my gaming life.

kyleforrester87

Some games are just much better multiplayer and you need to factor that in. Destiny, as mentioned, but also Resi 5, Dead Nation, Renegade Ops, Mother Russia Bleeds.. all games I consider awesome that I probably wouldn't have bothered with if not for that fact they were multiplayer.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@KALofKRYPTON Intended experience is something different. I agree with the idea that a multiplayer game should be judged as a multiplayer game. However, I don't think that the lack of content is somehow a less valid argument in a multiplayer game. All reviews I've read so far talked about a lack of content. I think it's a valid issue in that case.

Octane

MaccaMUFC

@KALofKRYPTON @Octane I’ve put many hours in SoT both in the alpha beta and it’s main release, it is a good game even when sailing on your own for awhile but eventually it does get boring, even in a crew, as your just constantly doing feach quests to find treasure for gold to buy clothes, weapons and customising your ship, another quest requires getting certain things like red/white feathered chickens for merchants and another has you collecting skulls of skeleton mini-bosses. The game’s art and graphics are amazing and I read that the game will come with more content, just like GTA Online did, that was bare bones when it first released but now it’s rammed with content.

MaccaMUFC

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic