Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@Tasuki It was. It's not surprising though as I am sure Sony and MS must get similar deals from Publishers - same games offered - just not the same month. I have seen a number of games given out on one system and then a few months later on the other - not necessarily always Sony first as in this case.

I didn't bother getting Zombi when it was on IGC either...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Splat

Kidfried wrote:

@MaccaMUFC Really jealous of Xbox owners with PUBG's release. I've played Fortnite, but it doesn't have the same pizzaz and tension in it. I'm not someone who enjoys watching streamers that much, but I really enjoy watching PUBG games.

It sounds like it runs very poorly on both the OG X-Box One and the X.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ralizah

Haven't played the gimped PS4 version, but ZombiU was a fantastic experience on the Wii U. Great integration of the GamePad into normal gameplay. I loved how vulnerable my character was, as it turned every encounter into a legitimate fight for survival, and forced me to consider my surroundings before rushing into an area.

And yeah, PUBG is a nightmare on the Xbox. That level of performance isn't acceptable for anything, even an early access game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

PUBG isn't exactly performing but it is an 'early access' game like ARK was/is. Neither of these perform well and poorly optimised on consoles. Its clear that the 'X' has a distinct advantage and both can hold the target 30fps in a lot of areas. Maybe it depends on your hardware as to whether or not you get enough out of the game in its current state. Even though it runs 'poorly', a lot of people are still finding it fun and actually prefer it to the much better running Fortnite.

Its not on my wanted list and never has been - regardless of how well it runs. I also have no interest in purchasing 'early access' - basically buying a game in its Beta (or even Alpha) state. Still, some people seem happy to buy these just to be amongst the 'first' (at least on console). Its not the first and probably won't be the last either. In fairness though, you can't judge its performance etc in anything other than a Beta, a work in progress. At best, you can use the information to decide whether or not you wish to jump in at this stage or not. It was never going to run at 60fps (or target 60) on consoles - not with the CPU's they have. Like Ark, chances are it will be patched and patched, built upon etc as this is just an Early Access game.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

To be fair to Bluehole they are already showing they are committed to getting PUBG to work properly on XB1 by releasing two patches, even though the game was only released over a week ago. PUBG is better than Fortnite IMO, it was built specifically for the battle royale genre, whereas Fortnite BR is just an imitation.

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC The whole problem and the thing that will make Fortnite better then PUBG in a lot of people's eyes are two things.

The fact that Fortnite is free and available on all consoles.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC @Tasuki to be honest i don't see the fuss over the games, i played both and both were boring although as it stands right now Fortnite is the better option like Tasuki said it's free and on more systems and at the end of the day they are big factors especially if one is free AND currently works and performs better than the other

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Tasuki What makes Fortnite better to a lot of people is the fact that they can play the game?

A certain percentage cannot play PUBG and therefore cannot actually make a valid comparison between the two. If they only have one then they can't really say its 'better' without actually playing the other. That's like saying Fallout Shelter is a much better game than Horizon:Zero Dawn because its free and not 'exclusive' to a platform.

Those however that have access to both and played both, the majority will say PUBG is the better game - even on XB1 where it doesn't run as smoothly. It has a much better atmosphere, feels much more intense etc. Being 'Better' by 'default because it is the 'only' option doesn't necessarily make it a 'better' game - its just the only game those people can play currently. Like I said, despite the performance issues, its still proving very popular on XB1 - more so than Fortnite.

You wouldn't get XB1 owners saying that Fallout Shelter is better than Horizon: Zero Dawn because its free and available on all consoles.

I know that Fallout Shelter may not be as similar to H:ZD as Fortnite is to PUBG but I am not overly familiar with Free to Play games and which may well be similar to Sony's exclusives. I don't play any F2P games so don't know what's available and which, if any, offer anything similar to Sony's exclusives to do a better comparison. The Principal though still applies.

Personally I don't enjoy the Battle Royale principal but each to their own.

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD oh it's been confirmed then, it was rumour the last time i checked still great news the XBOX needs some good RPGs

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD hopefully because their first party games have been lacking of late if we are all honest about it

BAMozzy

There was a leak about what MS were looking to bring to its exclusives and a return to Albion was mentioned. I hadn't realised it was confirmed. Playground were said to be increasing its staffing to work on other games - besides the Forza Horizon series but I didn't expect them to be handling Fable.

In that leak though, other games were hinted at - like a return of Ms Dark (as in Joanna Dark - from Perfect Dark) by an unknown studio with assistance from the Coalition - the studio set up for Gears of War. There was also a hint at a Mech game too - maybe a new MechAssault but could be the MechWarriors 5: Mercenaries by Pinhead Studios which I think MS owns the IP for too.

There were rumours that Crackdown 3 will have 4 player co-op campaign, Forza Horizon 4 will be set in Japan and some 'big' multiplayer Halo news - whether that's a reworking of warzone to a battle royale mode or a 'Destiny' style shared world game - after all it is one of Phil Spencers favourite games.

Until I saw the Eurogamer article, none of this was confirmed and could of been some Xbox fans hopes/wishes but with one of these now confirmed, it does make me think that some of the others could be true too.

Perfect Dark is a FPS - or at least has been, but if the Coalition are involved, I wonder if they are making a 3rd Person Perfect Dark? Something to rival Uncharted rather than put it in competition with CoD, BF (both), Halo and all the other big FPS games. Bring more stealth, espionage, gadgets etc. I guess it could also have the option to alternate between first and third - whether manually or switch depending on whether you are behind cover (3rd) or running and gunning (1st) for example.

If they are bringing Perfect Dark, Fable and Mechs back, at least they can't say Xbox is just Forza, Gears and Halo anymore...

BAMozzy

Interesting interview with Playground games. It does focus more on Forza Horizon 3 and their experience with the new 'X' Dev Kit - such as how long it took to get up and running - 2hrs at standard Xbox settings, 4hrs with full 4k settings - and how much GPU overheads - 75% free at 1080p and 25% free at 4k. They also explain what decisions the made to utilise that 25% extra overhead on improving and that their decision to keep 30fps was a 'design' choice but NOT enforced by hardware limitations - in other words, they could of delivered a 60fps mode.

What was interesting though, especially with the news they are working on a new Fable game - as well as no doubt bringing Forza Horizon 4 to us - that their 'lead' console development is now focused on the X. The games are being built first and foremost for the X hardware and then deciding how best to port that down to the XB1S and OG platforms. Obviously if they are building their games to a native 4k - whether 30 or 60fps, it should port down to 900-1080p on the weaker consoles. However, that may mean that they have to drop below 1080p which may have been their previous goal when building for the base model(s). Things that may have impacted on hitting 1080p before but because of the higher performance of the X don't impact on hitting 4k, may be utilised rather than scrapped. What this means is that future Forza games (for example) that have consistently hit 1080p may not continue to be full HD in the future on these consoles.

Anyway, I found it interesting so thought I would share...

crippyd

There is an announcement from Major Nelson and Phil Spencer that they are changing the game pass to include brand new titles, starting with Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3.
Does this make it more worthwhile to you?

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Not for me. I prefer to buy my games outright. In truth, those 3 are exactly high on my wanted list anyway. At most, Crackdown 3 is a potential purchase but even then I doubt a Day 1. I would rather save my money and pick it up cheaply later on in the year.

For those that are 'new' to Xbox or don't buy many games, Game Pass looks like a great option. The news that MS are now offering their 'new' exclusives via Game Pass should be appealing to anyone who was on the fence or new to the console. If you are new, chances are you have a very limited collection. Its excellent for those who were thinking of buying an Xbox but put off of the price and enough games to play on it. You could literally buy just the console and for £8 a month, have access to over a Hundred games straight away!

I much prefer Physical copies as well so even though Game Pass would allow me to buy the games I wanted to keep cheaper, I would still be more inclined to save that £8 a month and buy Physical copies - besides I also have a constantly increasing back-catalog of games I can play in those months where I am not buying 'new' games let alone adding more from Game Pass. Every month I get (up to) 4 new games from Gold and have nearly 100 'ready to install' that I haven't yet touched. I still have my 360 and OG Xbox games so if more of those come to BC, I have a lot of games that I could revisit. Like I said, Game Pass isn't really for meas long term Xbox gamer and long time Gold subscriber - but I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is new to Xbox, doesn't have the funds to buy many games, buys a lot digitally and/or looking to try numerous titles that they may not of otherwise bought. £8 isn't a lot per month and certainly improved by MS's decision.

It could 'backfire' too though as these titles may not get the 'sales' they deserve. You know some will quote sales figures as reasons the Xbox exclusives 'suck' for example...

crippyd

@BAMozzy On the Game Pass I completely agree with you, it's not for me either as I have a massive backlog of games, 360 ones too, and the GwG so nearly every month I'm adding 4 more. Like you say, for those new to Xbox it is a no brainer. I just thought I'd share the update as it is a bold move by MS to include day of release games.
I'm not sure how this will affect their market place standing against Sony and as you say, it could reflect badly on them figures wise. I'm sure they know (as much as they can without a crystal ball) what they are doing going in to this avenue.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Sales figures are generally not accurate anyway as more and more buy digitally. Game Pass incentivises people to buy digitally - all of which still benefits MS as they are the sole suppliers of Digital content on an Xbox so get profit from sales - as well as that guaranteed £8 a month too.

BAMozzy

February's Games with Gold...

I will add all of them - at this rate we will soon have ALL the Assassin's Creed Chronicles games... Not that I would have bought them anyway. Never bothered with Shadow Warrior or Split Second so these will be added - just because. I loved Crazy Taxi back in the day (I am old) but didn't renew that interest on 360 so it will be a bit of a nostalgia trip for me with that game...

crippyd

Well that's 4 new gaming experiences for me as I've never played any of them before.

crippyd

FullbringIchigo

not interested in Shadow Warrior, already have India and i can't download the 360 games as i have no payment card on my XBL (which is total bull**** by the way, why should i need a payment card on my account to download FREE content)

so nothing for me this month

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic