Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,436

WanderingBullet

@crippyd Cool. I'm only interested in a few Xbox exclusive games, and Cuphead is one of them.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

anyone see the info on the new XB1 Update

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Maybe because it really speeds everything up and will work better with upcoming Xbox One X. I have no issue with things evolving, adding new features and getting better over time. This looks more flexible - as long as it means I never ever have to see a 'twitter' type feed of every annoying 'friend' that posts a picture, clip or earns an achievement and feels compelled to 'share'!!

All I want/need is to turn it on and be able to play my games as quick as possible.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD @BAMozzy i think it looks nice myself but i do kind of agree that perhaps they should leave the UI alone for a bit and work on some of the other things it needs such as...

Youtube Streaming: i know MS owns Mixer but Youtube is probably the largest video sharing site in the world and it seems a bit dumb to not include it, especially when the competitor does (also since they removed the snap function Twitch is a little annoying to use, it could do with a fix)

Longer DVR recording times: 5 minutes isn't long enough in my opinion again the PS4 lets you record up to an hour of gameplay if you want too

Disc based BC games: i know we have OGXB games coming but it would be nice if we could put ANY OGXB or 360 discs in and play them instead of only games that are on the BC program that you have to download, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard for them to do

actually sounds like a good start for a discussion what would you like to see MS add to the XBXOX ONE in future updates?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

crippyd

I think the UI is improving in speed and functionality with each update. Personally, like @BAMozzy , I'm not interested in the streaming side of things I just want to load up and get straight on to my game, so anything that helps that is a bonus.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo As MS have put a lot of money into Mixer and looking to make that the competitor to youtube and twitch, it really needs to make that its primary streaming platform with as much simplicity and ease of use, as well as additional functionality to encourage people to use it - both in terms of streaming and watching. It needs a big user base to at least be competitive and maybe even offer 4k and HDR streaming/videos too. That could also help sell 4k and HDR games.

I don't know about the length of DVR recording but again the opportunity to upload 4k HDR - especially with the Xbox One X to sites like Youtube will benefit the sales of 4k HDR games. I know that some may not have a 4k HDR display and those that do and interested in gaming will probably have an 'X' anyway but its still something that could show the games to those who maybe on the fence.

The reason that the BC games are limited to the ones listed is because they are the ones that have been 'uploaded' to their online servers and wen you insert a disc, it downloads the game much like installing a XB1/PS4 disc to the Hard-drive and it also is compatible with the emulation software. Its not 'running' on the XB1 as such but on an inbuilt emulation programme and MS test and maybe even patch these games to ensure they run as expected. They also need permission from the 3rd Party devs/publishers too. Of course it would be great to have the entire library of Xbox games from all generations working on 'current' hardware but its not that simple with licences, permission etc. In theory at least, you would think it should be easy but with older games, especially those with licensed music or publishers/developers no longer around, it can be very difficult to get permission and some licenses may have expired too so they can no longer get permission to bring them forward. Like the current gen games, these also don't run from disc either but the 'licence' to play that you own is required. The fact you 'own' the licence - either on disc or digital is what enables you to play but the 'game' itself is always 'digital'.

I know it seems I am making excuses on behalf of MS but that's the information I have heard and the reason why some games will never come to BC.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

Pre-ordered my Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X...

Looks like it will be quite a step up from a Pro judging by this Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox X enhancements video...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy is there any difference apart from having Project Scorpio written on it?

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo The console itself has a graduated 'dot' pattern on the top too - something the other doesn't and it also comes with the vertical stand. Other than that, there isn't a difference. Its a bit like the Day 1 XB1 version that wasn't any 'different' apart from the 'day 1 logo' and maybe a Day 1 emblem too...

You wouldn't expect the console to be 'significantly' different. At most a 'different' HDD size but nothing that would impact on how games run. Its just cosmetic differences but I was always going to pre-order as soon as I could. I believe Amazon and Game have sold out on their initial allocations. I hear some retail 'stores' have sold out there allocations too. Within an hour of Amazon pre-orders going live, it was sold out. If you are after the Project Scorpio edition, better get a pre-order in...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy no i'm not after one, happy with my XB1s, i don't need to rebuy a system i already have for prettier graphics, i was just wondering if it had any other cosmetic differences from a normal XB1X is all

i know inside it will be the same as a normal XB1X

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo At the end of the day, you have to decide what is important to you. I bought a Pro despite owning a PS4 and that wasn't 'purely' visual reason. Its the same with the 'X' too - buying it not just for 'prettier' visuals but also for the benefits it brings to all games - even those not patched games. The fact that it 'should' improve those games with 'dynamic scaling' and unlocked frame rates - as well as improve loading times and can improve the visuals too - even if its not boosting the resolution - the built in 'Boost mode' is not a tokenistic 'boost' either so should play all my existing library of games better than the 'S' does.

Of course newer games will no doubt be using the 'X' to improve predominantly the visuals - not just 'resolution' but the actual 'visual' settings too - things like improved lighting, shadows etc above 'console' standards and will obviously have 4k assets too - 4k textures that even 1080p TV owners benefit from by super sampling. Maybe improve draw distances to avoid pop-in - not just objects but textures, shadows etc too.

I know much of that all adds up to 'prettier' but there is still the aspect of Frame Rates. As we have seen with the Pro, some games can offer 60fps modes of '30fps' games. I doubt we will see many 60fps modes for MP games but we could see a fair few in SP games. We could also see a few MP games run better on the 'enhanced' hardware - like BF1 on Pro that in MP runs ~15fps better - as well as look 'prettier' too. Games like Halo 5, although now getting a patch to 4k, would really benefit from the 'X' as they are dynamic scaling, unlocked frame rate games - like Doom as well which co-incidentally is also getting a patch. However, without the patch, The 'X' should run both of those at a 'locked 1080/60' instead of dropping the resolution down to prevent major frame rate drops - but they still drop below 60. Games like Project Cars (if you own that) just have unlocked frame rates so should run at a perfect 60fps - regardless of the weather or how many cars are on track and visible. Unless all your Xbox games run 'perfectly' at a locked resolution/frame rate, the 'X' will not offer too much more - better loading times and better Texture handling (higher quality Anisotropic Filtering built in) but as most have dynamic scaling, unlocked frame rates or both, its going to be working for you.

If people are happy to play at 1080p or less, with generally the lowest 'performance' - not just resolution, then the 'S' is adequate but for me, if I can buy a 'console' that improves on it, I will buy. Its no different from wanting the PS5 as soon as it launches or wanting the PS4/XB1 back in 2013. Most of the games releasing, I could play on my XB360/PS3 but bought the new consoles because it offered better visuals and/or performance. I didn't buy for the 1-2 exclusives in the first 6-12months that didn't get last gen copies because Sony/MS wanted to use these to tempt you to upgrade - I bought it for the 'best' versions - inc Visually. I bought these because 1080p looked a lot better than 720p and the 'promise' that these consoles would offer the best 'console' version(s) for the upcoming future. Since then, I have upgraded my TV to a 4k HDR TV and know how 'soft' 1080p looks let alone 900p (and under) and how much better even 1440p can look (TF2, Uncharted) but that still looks 'soft' compared to 4k (Checkerboard or Native). Ideally I would like a 'new' 4k generation console rather than an 'iterative' 4k version. That being said, I do appreciate that many games run better and I don't need to buy a 'new' library - my existing library remains playable. To a lesser degree, buying new games are like buying a 'next' gen version - better visually and may have Higher frame rates too as they are 'enhanced'.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i also have to think about my finances i can't afford to drop that amount on a console that will play the same games my XB1s plays, i have a XB1s so that's good enough for me

yeah the games may be inferior to the XBX version but that doesn't bother me at all. i'm still playing the games and that's all that matters to me, as long as they work i'm happy

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Of course. Everyone is in a different position and £450 is a lot of money. It may currently play the same games but MS had mentioned VR which is something the 'base' models won't have - and that includes any VR media too.

The XBX though for me, should be the 'best' console to play games on. Whether that's exclusives or multi-platform, the console has significant resources to be the 'best' console to play games - and that's whether you have a 1080p TV or 4k. Whether those differences are so apparent on a 1080p screen compared to a Pro or even the base consoles, that may come down to individuals - some won't notice the low quality shadows anyway - although would notice if there was no shadows of course.

I prefer to play games at their 'best' and having more powerful hardware virtually guarantees that. As I said, if Sony were to release a PS5 this year, I would certainly be looking to buy and I also bought a PS4 Pro too. Buying an 'X' is no different and I am not 'bias' to any brand. Its all about having the best hardware to play games at their 'best' (on console) - especially as I am paying £40+ for a game. I don't want 'weak' hardware that struggles to run games at HD quality and with consistent, if not locked, frame rates. Both the Pro and X virtually guarantee no games I buy will be less than full HD and all the games I own can be 'boosted' even without a Patch to look, run and load better. As BF1 on the Pro shows, you can be at a disadvantage in MP too as that game runs better in MP on the Pro...

A 'fantastic' game can be ruined with a 'poor' frame rate but a good game can be 'great' with perfect or even 'double' (60fps) the frame rate, no distractions from 'pop-in' and, as I have a 4k TV, not so blurry visuals due to upscaling...

I do understand the 'X' isn't for everyone and the 'S' is more than adequate. £450 is a lot of money for something that doesn't have unique software - at least not yet. Even if I did have just a 1080p TV, I would be seriously considering an 'X' because I don't want 720-900p visuals or dynamic scaled visuals. I also want the 'best' frame rates I can - even the choice to play at 60fps (like Rise of the Tomb Raider, the Surge and Infamous) - the option to pick between high res/visuals or high frame rates. Its no different from some of the reasons I bought the Pro...

Anyway - each to their own...

Splat

Power is great and all but intill the start putting out some must have exclusives I'll pass. I have a PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR TV and that is good enough for me. I understand games will run better on the new X but I don't think it's $500 worth better.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@Splat As I said, each to their own.

Its not about MS's exclusives (or lack of big games I want to play). The X for me is more likely to be my 'go to' console for 'multi-platform releases. It doesn't bother me that much that of the upcoming Xbox exclusives, only Forza 7 has any appeal, I will be too busy playing Destiny 2, Evil Within 2, SW:BF2, Wolfenstein 2, AC: Origins, RDR2, Anthem, Metro: Exodus etc at 4k on the Xbox One X. My PS4 Pro is most likely to be used to play games like Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Spider-Man, Days Gone and Last of Us 2. I know I 'could' play all (but Forza 7) on my Pro too but I will rather have the 'best' versions I can. I can certainly see myself buying many more games on Xbox than on PS in the upcoming year(s) so its not like the Xbox doesn't have 'games'. Until Sony bring out the PS5, I can see myself buying a LOT more games on 'X' so the 'price' isn't an issue for me. I expect I will spend a lot more on games - Also my Xbox has the 'best' controller - the Elite - so it will be a 'pleasure' to play on my 'X' and well worth the money to me.

Whether any games would be $500 better, well that's down to the individual. From my perspective, it is worth it - not just because it enhances all my current games in some way or another and will enhance the majority of games I buy in the future too. I also have an 'S' so I don't need to buy the 'X' for the 4k HDR Bluray player and Atmos audio but bringing 4k HDR gaming with Atmos audio is why I am buying an 'X'. I own a number of the games due to be enhanced by the X - quite a few I haven't yet finished so getting to play these at 4k HDR is another reason to invest.

In my opinion, it has more to offer and a bigger reason to buy than the Pro. Its not as if the PS4 is 'struggling' to hit a full 1080p and the Pro versions tend to be nothing more than a 2x 'boost' in resolution. I know 4k is a 4x boost but most games are 1800p CB, 1440p or 4k CB and 4k CB is 2x 1080p - so a2x boost. the boost mode isn't 'great' a 32% overall boost from base PS4 - so if your game runs at 40fps, at best in boost mode, you could see 52fps - but only if the 'bottlenecks' are caused by both CPU and GPU limitations. Often you only see a 10-20% boost. The 'X' though looks like its 'boost' mode could be more than 100%. A game running at 40fps, would hit over 80fps so hitting 60 will be easy. As most PS4 games run at 1080p, owning a Pro with a 1080p TV is not always going to be noticeable. As most XB1 games release at 900p or under, the X will be significantly as it will super sample visuals down to 1080p. So regardless of what TV you own, the X will be noticeably better. You can't always see any difference with the Pro on a 1080p vs a base PS4 on that TV because both are running at 1080p - rarely any super sampling or obvious enhancements to visual settings. Comparing games like AC: Origins (which will probably be a 900p game on XB1) or SW:BF2 (probably a 720-900p game on XB1) will be obviously better on an 'X' regardless of what TV you have.

That $500 or $100 difference between the Pro and 'X' is buying a 4k HDR Bluray player, a whole PS4 better APU and RAM, Atmos and Game VRR too. The difference in specs virtually amounts to the specs of the PS4 so the X is like a PS4 Pro and PS4 combined. I am not trying to convince you, its your choice. $500 isn't cheap at all but when you look at what that extra $100 buys compared to a Pro, its a bargain. If you bought a Pro (for example) you couldn't spend $100 and buy the 'differences'.

I totally understand that finding $500 is not worth it if you are happy to play games on other devices - even if they are not the 'best' versions. As I said, each to their own but from my perspective, it has 'more' appeal than the Pro yet I bought a Pro too because I knew that I would still want to play Sony's exclusives at the highest possible standards. I am sure some games may make a case to buy on PS4 thanks to 'exclusivity' deals so its not going to sit and gather dust until the PS5 launches but I still think I will end up buying 'more' games for my X and clocking up thousands of hours so $500 for that is not too bad...

crippyd

I got my order in yesterday morning and got myself a bargain deal on it too, saved £90 on the retail price thanks to a bit of internet searching.

crippyd

kyleforrester87

Yup if the Xbox had some games I liked the look of coming out I'd certainly be interested. But as it stands, other than Cuphead, I can't see anything on the horizon that would make me want to buy a Xbox.

MS really need to sort that out.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

BAMozzy wrote:

@FullbringIchigo Of course. Everyone is in a different position and £450 is a lot of money. It may currently play the same games but MS had mentioned VR which is something the 'base' models won't have - and that includes any VR media too.

VR gives me headaches anyway so that doesn't bother me

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo It was the principal more than anything else. If/when VR games start to come, then there is a difference in the software. Is it too hard to think that in a few years, MS or more likely, a 3rd Party developer, may release a 'X' only game? If MS are doing away with 'Generations', then MS would surely phase out the lowest console and release 'upgraded' consoles every 3-5yrs. Its not that different from PC's where maybe the gtx770 is the lowest and the 'Scorpio' represents the gtx1070. In say 4yrs, the gtx770 is no longer good enough to run games, but the gtx1070 is still more than capable enough, but the gtx1470 is now out so the minimum required for ALL games is the gtx1070 but the gtx770 only gets a few releases - mostly indies because the latest AAA's are too complex. Cross that bridge when we get to it...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy perhaps but i might be able to afford one when that starts to happen but as of right now it's simple to much of an expense for something i don't need same as the Pro

i just hope it works for MS because lets be honest the XB1 has had a really tough time of things and if they ever decided to drop out that would be bad not only for developers but gamers too, the (somewhat friendly) competition between Sony and MS is what is driving the industry forward at the moment just like the old Sega & Nintendo one did in the 90's

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic