Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC Think I just answered that in the Days Gone article comments. LOL

Forza 7 can wait - just a Single Player game for me - Not a racing Sim fan but at least the dynamic weather and tracks will help break up the repetition of feeling like you are going round the same tracks over and over again. This is normally a game I play for 'something different' from all the action, adventure, shooter games.

CoD:WW2 arrives just 4 days before the XBX so doubt I would start the SP. MP is different and would start that. Destiny 2 would not wait but I could keep a class/character until that point. Its not as if the content isn't reused over and over again and besides I think its great to have a 'before and after' - a game that you can play, become familiar with, to show how much of a difference its made, what your Money has bought. No point looking at a game that you last played a year or more ago as sometimes you think it looked better than it did and the enhanced look isn't quite so significant. I found this with some Pro games and it wasn't until I went 'back' that I realised how much sharper they were. Not saying they didn't look better - just that I also thought they were better than they were on the base console - if that makes sense....

I will keep SP games like AC:O, Wolfenstein and Evil Within until after the 7th - but that's only a month and I will have games like Uncharted and Destiny to see me through.

If you have a good MP or 2, or some 'old games' you want to finish, I would play these. Its only a month between Forza and the XBX anyway and these aren't so 'time sensitive' as a MP. You don't want to be too far behind the community, still learning the maps, the guns etc when others have that knowledge so I would be less inclined to wait with these - but keep the campaign, the SP games until I can experience those in their full glory.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy Yeah I moved the comment from the Days Gone article to here as it was way off topic.

I suppose it makes sense to at least play MP on some of the games that come out before the XBX so I'm not only just starting to learn the layout of the maps, weapons etc. For now I'm thinking of only getting Forza 7, CoD: WW2, FIFA 18 and Cuphead before I buy an XBX.

I like the look of AC:O but the last AC I completed was Black Flag, the others I just couldn't bring myself to finish them like I started to lose interest in the series. I love Wolfenstein but like New Order I'd probably just rent it, complete the campaign then won't look back till the next sequel, same with Evil Within. I'm going to wait and see how Destiny 2 plays out, if it going to turn out to be another grind fest and holding back on lot of content like they did with the first one then I'll probably give it a pass.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

Untitled

This may help show some of the differences that the XBX makes - at least in this game - If I can find the high res version rather than a screen capture, I will replace it...

Untitled

Shows a 1080p capture of the 4k image to show how poor the above image is

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy The XBX screenshot looks like a massive improvement over the XB1 S. There shouldn't be that much difference when comparing graphics between XBX and PC now when Digital Foundry and other YouTube videos compare games between the two systems.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC It certainly looks great!! I wish I could find the high res version of the top image that was shown during the Xbox Daily show as that was much clearer when looking at the comparison shots around the edge. Unfortunately, all I can find is a screen capture so when you look at things like the 4k Textures, 4k Resolution and Glossy reflections, it was much clearer. The bottom image at least shows a high res version to show how 'different' the quality of these two images are and a better indication of what the XBX version should look like.

DF no doubt will have fun looking at the versions. I wouldn't be surprised though if they split things up into 2 - the HD (Base consoles) versions compared with a 1080p 'ultra' PC version and a 4k comparison with the Pro, XBX and PC rather than all 5 in one. With 'exclusives' we will probably see the Win10 family compared together but I don't know they will do all 5 together. I notice that often they do a 1080p view and a Pro vs PC view - Tekken was an exception because all versions are 'HD' inc the Pro.

FullbringIchigo

change of topic but does anyone know what's going on with Hololens, paired with the XBX that could be AMAZING but i haven't heard anything since it's E3 reveal in 2015

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo As far as I know, its still in devkit status...

Have you seen this?

Personally I can't see AR being anywhere near as useful in gaming as VR - especially not with a small window...

BAMozzy

Games with Gold for July...

crippyd

Hmmmm, seems a bit of a bum month. I have Kane and Lynch on disc so I'll get rid of that but the two Xbox One titles don't really grab my attention.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I wasn't overly impressed by this months - especially the XB1 games. I have the Lego game - its OK and may add K&L2 to my download list but won't bother with the other 2 games.

FullbringIchigo

well i'll only download Kane and Lynch 2 if i want to play a short bland looking game that makes you throw up

i already have Lego Pirates on PS3 so i don't need that and i have played the other 2 and didn't like them so nothing for me this month

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

I tried Kane and Lynch 2 when it first came.out, but I didn't enjoy it anywhere as much as the first one. Will probably skip this month.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki I bought the Witcher 3 DLC for £10 (50% off) ready for the 4k patch on the XBX. I already beat the DLC on the PS4 as I bought the GotY edition so this will give me a reason to play it again on Xbox.

Not a lot else grabbed me - well not that I don't already have or can get cheaper physically...

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD WOW that's big, i was thinking of finally picking that up but i don't think i have the room

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I wonder if that's the update to add 4k Assets in readiness for the Xbox X launch? MS, or morre accurately, 343, have confirmed this will be getting an update to native 4k with 4k Assets...

crippyd

@KratosMD I just finished Gears last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Halo is my top series and I enjoyed the campaign but I think the mp is not as good as the 360 games, I find the maps are too big so there is too much travel to get back in the fight when you die.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I really haven't had any inclination to play Halo 5 - not since 343 have really messed with what a Halo game should be. As a Gears fan, not only do I have the Gears 4 custom XB1s, the Ltd Edition Gears 4 Elite controller I also have the Gears 3 custom XB360 controller too, I was disappointed by Gears 4 - not to the same degree I have been disappointed by 343's Halo - but I really wasn't impressed by the Campaign at all. In places it felt 'lazy', using the 'Horde' mode not once but twice during the campaign. The new characters missed the mark - not like Dom and Marcus, and the robot enemies were pathetic too. Mechanically it was a Gears game but after the ending, I was left with an 'is that it' feeling and the last mission was weak.

Its a shame, in my mind at least, that MS have built studio's to churn out nothing but Halo and Gears games. I really do think these studio's missed 'something' that made the Bungie Halo games and Epic Gears games 'special' and it wasn't 'just' the MP - something I feel 343 in particular have focused on at the expense of the campaigns. The Coalition at least seemed to try and deliver that 'campaign' that made Gears what it was but just missed the mark. I would have preferred it if MS set up studio's with more 'freedom' to make what they wanted - similar to Naughty Dog or Guerrilla Games - both of which were becoming synonymous with Uncharted and Killzone but were able to make Last of Us and Horizon:ZD. Sucker-Punch are expected to be working on something new instead of another Infamous. I think that makes it more exciting - not knowing what's coming next. It also gives developers more freedom to take a break, to explore new ideas that may help prevent franchises becoming Stale. Whilst we may be on the 5th Halo, its not like we didn't get 2 spin offs - ODST and Reach, Gears is the 5th one as we also had Judgement. Forza 7 is coming next and no doubt next year will be Horizon 4....

For me, the first Xbox was Halo, the 360 was Gears but I am still waiting for the Xbox One to have its 'defining' and 'memorable' new Exclusive.

crippyd

@KratosMD Yeah, it was Warzone. I was playing Firefight and Slayer and a couple of other modes.
@BAMozzy I agree that the One hasn't got a truly standout franchise yet but there have been some absolutely fantastic games on it and I am certainly not disappointed with my console choice. Also I'm hovering over the pre order button for the X as soon as it goes live!

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I am almost certainly going to be pre-ordering the 'X' as soon as it is possible to do so. @crippyd I am not saying the XB1 era hasn't had 'great' exclusive games, its just that they have tended to be from established franchises and not 'new' era defining games. Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall were potentials but both 3rd Party developed and Titanfall 2 wasn't 'exclusive'. Games like ReCore and Quantum Break missed the mark too in terms of being 'that' game that really sold the Xbox One. Even the upcoming 'X' doesn't have a 'unique' game that could sell it - not like the Pro with Horizon: Zero Dawn and the promise of games like Days Gone, Spider-Man. God of War and Last of Us 2 to look forward to playing in '4k HDR'.

The X has Forza 7, which won't be that different in a lot of ways to its 'predecessors' and Crackdown 3, game that really doesn't look to be pushing the 'X' visually. Its also a game that had a disappointing sequel and 10yrs since the first game - which also had a bit of a 'niche following' so its not got the pulling power.

To me, it looks like MS are positioning the X more as a place to play the biggest 3rd Party multi-platform releases rather than selling us the console on what 'unique' experiences it may offer over the competition. I know what the benefits of 4k Assets can bring with the increase in Resolution but others may not and thing the 'Pro' is the equivalent to the XB1 was with the PS4 - a slightly less powerful but ultimately similar device. As such, that £100 difference is a hard sell - especially as the cheaper Pro also has the 'best' (and/or more numerous) exclusives. People may think that they can save £100 and just buy the Pro for their 4k gaming and still play the big multi-platform games at a 'similar' resolution.

Of course I know that the 'X' blows the Pro out of water in terms of Specs. I know that if developers utilise it properly, the gulf between the Pro and 'X' will be far more than the XB1 to PS4. The PS4 had sightly faster RAM but still the same quantity, the CPU of the XB1 was nearly 10% faster and the GPU of the PS4 was only 30% more powerful. The X is a whole PS4 more powerful than the Pro in its GPU. Not only does it have 64% more RAM allocated to gaming, that RAM is also 50% faster than the Pro too. CPU may seem like its still a little bit faster BUT its also customised and unlike the Pro, aspects like Audio processing for example is handled else where. Draw instructions are significantly reduced - the most intensive workload a CPU has to handle meaning that the CPU has far less workload and is still 'faster' than the Pro's too. Its just a shame that MS doesn't have a 'killer' game that really pushes the 'X' and makes those with PS4's seriously consider the 'X' as their 'upgrade' of choice - maybe just keep the PS4 for exclusives. I really think an ambitious game like Scalebound could have been that game. Drop that stupid 'co-op' in dungeon, focus more on the big Open World fantasy world and single player game where you and your dragon 'evolve' and bond. The initial game-play review where Drew and the Dragon were fighting that 'army' and beast really had some Rodney Matthews inspired look to it and was really looking forward to this. Much more than yet another Halo (inc Wars), Forza (Motorsport mostly), Dead Rising, ReCore, Crackdown, sea of thieves, etc etc.

Talking of SoT, I really can't see that selling the X either - especially not after seeing Skull N Bones and visuals that was targeting.

I will still buy the 'X' but I really can't see me buying many, nay any of the upcoming Exclusives - unless MS has a big surprise announcement for Gamescom due out in the upcoming year. Seems I will be buying it for Multi-platform releases and keeping my Pro for numerous and exciting exclusives.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic