Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD EVOLVE! i doubt even giving that away will help it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

Kinda odd making Borderlands 2 backwards compatible since they have The Handsome Collection on Xbox one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Not really as that is also 'free' to all Xbox360 owners too. Maybe some won't have the Handsome collection and maybe it might tempt them to buy. I doubt I will download it because I own the collection. Its still a great game and for all those undecided on Borderlands, its a great opportunity to try it. Its not like the game is linear or only 1 character so if they enjoy playing it one way on the free version, they may decide to buy the collection and play through the game as a different character and all the DLC and the other game too...

@FullbringIchigo Maybe, maybe not but its the 'Ultimate Edition'. Visually the game looked great but it was all the BS DLC - especially all the day 1 extras that ultimately ruined it, not the game-play and this comes with a lot of that. It may actually resurrect it on XB1 at least. Its still not bad value for 'Free'. I will actually download it but whether I get to play it much with Horizon and Mass Effect out this month...

Layers of Fear looks interesting for free too - not something I would normally buy but will download. Not interested in

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

F-racsO

@KratosMD This is way better value and more convenient than PS Now in my opinion.

It's in my understanding that the game selection is cycled monthly. So my question is, what happens if the game you're currently playing is taken off the monthly rotation; can you continue playing that game or would it no longer be available?

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Nei

This is cool, hope Sony makes PSnow somewhat similar

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

F-racsO

@KratosMD That makes sense. I hope they offer some kind of free trial. I'll definitely give it a try if I end up getting an Xbox One later this year.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

FullbringIchigo

XBOX store has a Resident Evil Super Bundle containing Resi 0, 1, 4, 5 Gold Edition, 6 and Revelations 2 all for £39.99

can't find a similar one on PS4 though which is strange, still that's a great price for those games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

Not a bad line-up....

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

crippyd

Tomorrow at 2PM UK time the Scorpio will be revealed on EuroGamer by Digital Foundry. I am very excited!

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I mentioned that yesterday here https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/next_... and talked about my hopes and why it could be good for MS to use DF to reveal it as well.

I will certainly be watching with interest

Gamer83

I'm definitely interested in seeing what that machine will be able to do. I'm ready to trade in my Xbox One to upgrade to Scorpio. Need to see A LOT MORE in the way of games though. Now, if they hit a home run with the hardware, the best versions of third party games will be on Xbox, so that's a nice thing for MS to have, but it needs to start getting more exclusives, and variety as opposed to just more shooters and racers would be awesome. I love Gears and Forza, easily the best in their respective genres and it's not even close, but they can't carry a console alone.

Gamer83

crippyd

@BAMozzy Sorry, I didn't see your post until about half hour or so after I put that up, but I am totally on a day one purchase and am very interested to see the reveal tomorrow.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd It wasn't a criticism at all, just thought you might want to join in there and saved me having to repeat my thoughts here. The point of that post was to discuss all consoles, where we see them going, where the manufacturers could go, what they actually deliver, how they compare with each other and where technology is taking us as gamers.

As a lot of us here have multiple consoles or at least an interest in the technology, I thought it was better to post in there rather than an 'exclusive' xbox thread and as that thread has been ongoing for a while, it also made sense as 'Scorpio' was discussed when 'rumours' of it and Neo (which became the Pro) were leaking. I think its interesting to read back and see how our speculation, the leaks etc turned out when the final reveals and direction consoles take.

I would be interested to know your thoughts and what you want or expect from MS and the Xbox brand - especially as you are more exclusive to Xbox.

It could be an exciting time for Xbox owners and those looking to the Scorpio. We all know that MS have struggled to deliver a lot of top-notch exclusives and appear to be losing out on 3rd Party deals too. MS said they were cutting back on 3rd Party deals to focus their efforts into developing 1st Party games. In fairness Forza Horizon 3 was well received and Gears was OK but QB, Recore, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, etc haven't exactly had a big impact on gaming. Sea of Thieves seems to be getting a bit of mixed response and we haven't really seen a lot of Crackdown 3 either to get excited. Many Xbox owners are disappointed by Scalebounds cancellation - a game that looked to have potential and something different to the Forza, Halo, Gears games too.

I have read a few rumours that Scorpio will be used to showcase 3rd party games RDR2 and SW:BF2 as well as Crackdown 3 and Forza 7 in 4k. I think it will be 'funny' if RDR2 does end up being partnered with MS and Scorpio considering most Sony fans etc seemed certain it was going to partner with PS and appear as early as E3 2016 at their presentation and every PS briefing after - inc PSX. SW:BF was also partnered with Sony although Xbox gamers did get to play it first through EA access so if these do come true, its a bit of a coup for MS and could help them. I know SW:BF was a bit of a disappointment but I still think a lot are interested in 2 - particularly as it will have a SP campaign and hopefully improve the MP, add more variety and depth etc too.

Anyway, just 24hrs until reveal...

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Isn't Forza Horizon an Open World game? I know its a racing game and not an 'Open World action or RPG' like Horizon and Zelda but its still an Open World game.

I do agree that it would be great if MS could offer an Open World action game in a new IP (don't really want Halo or Gears - but I would prefer Gears since I can't stand Halo anymore and its losing ground rapidly in a FPS dominated market). However we also have a lot of Open World games and Horizon was met with 'open world fatigue' from some reviewers. Its more time consuming and expensive to make an Open World game and even more if you add in the full RPG like Fallout, ME, Witcher etc - especially from scratch. Is Sea of Thieves open world? I thought so - but being an MMO really has NO appeal to me. Isn't Crackdown 3 an Open World? 1 and 2 were so maybe 3 could be. Its difficult to be that excited as we have seen and heard very little about it. Point is though that MS could and 'do' have some AAA Open World games in their library. Scalebound may have been quite open world but we may never know whether it was a 'true' open world or more open world 'hubs'

It wouldn't be so bad if games like Halo 5 and wars 2, Gears, QB, ReCore, Dead Rising etc had been 'must' buys. Gears wasn't bad but I did feel it lacked 'something'. QB tried something different but ultimately was quite hit or miss. ReCore had potential but didn't live up to it. Sony is helped because it has a lot Japanese developers and it also seems that all that investment is only just coming to fruition. For a few years, it had very few 'big' exclusives releasing where as MS were constantly releasing a fair few every year. Now all those games in development are releasing for Sony and its made MS's look very light this year - coupled with a few cancellations - especially Scalebound and the fact that Xbox exclusives are now coming to PC as well (only Win10 PC's through MS Store - not ALL PC's and not through retail outlets), its also felt that Xbox has 'no' exclusives at all. MS still showcased 'more' exclusives at E3 last year than Sony and have promised we will see more this year than last - although I do hope they mean AAA not Indie/ID@Xbox and remasters like Voodoo Vince and Phantasy Star in that. It looks like we will be getting Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and probably Forza 7 this year as 'new' AAA games. Sony has also been helped by VR to offer 'more' games that Xbox can't so benefit from 3rd Party developers working on VR titles/extras to offer something 'extra'.

Anyway lets see what Scorpio has to offer and E3 isn't too far away now either. Revealing Scorpio now could be a good move, get that out of the way so they can focus more on Software. Maybe they could have their own VR section. I don't know if MS will build their own VR headset but could partner up with a manufacturer to make an Xbox branded version. They could have their own VR games or VR extras too - Forza 7 in VR to rival GT Sport?

I don't think its all 'doom and gloom' with NO games coming out on Xbox at all. Since Scalebound was cancelled, it seems that the general impression was that was the only game they had this year. MS also generally have more games at E3 that are due out in the 'next' year as a percentage than others - like Sony for example. Sony only had the Last Guardian and Horizon at E3 that arrived before the next E3 but MS had Gears, Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2, Dead Rising 4, ReCore... I know PS4 had more games than that but I was referring to the fact that MS may have more games to show at E3 for the rest of this year and into early next thatt we don't know about because they tend to focus more on the 'near' future than Sony tend to do. They made a point of saying 'these games will be out before the next E3' where as Sony tend to show games that we still don't have a release date and considering the games they could have shown (Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2, VR etc) they showed very little at E3 - an hour or so with 10 or so games and a few of those were multi-platform - CoD, RE7, Destiny... Point I am making is that it may seem 'light' on games but that's because we have seen most of the games MS showed release and haven't seen what MS may have for next year. We know Sony still have God of War, Last of Us 2, Days Gone and Spider-man, still not seen Dreams or Wild for a while but we don't really know if we will see them in the next year but we know they are coming and so feel that ony have a 'good' future line-up. Like I said, we haven't had Forza 7 announced or confirmed but I still expect this in 2017. E3 could be a 'big' one for MS and I do think they need to reassure us with Software. I know everyone puts a lot of emphasis on 1st part exclusives but in all honesty, how many years do you buy more exclusives than 3rd party games?

FullbringIchigo

so what do you think of the Scorpio?, sounds good but i don't really see the need to upgrade from my XB1s as that serves me fine, same as my PS4 hence why i didn't get a pro

still i can see a lot of people getting this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-project-scorpio-...

Splat

I'll just stick with my Pro. I would always get multiplats on PS4 anyways and X-Box exclusives just don't do it for me. I was interested in Scalebound before it got cancelled.

Also with more and more X-Box games coming to PC I don't feel the need to own one.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I will be getting one! It seems more impressive than I expected having watched DF's reveal and achieves more than I thought possible from a 6tflop GPU too. The fact it can run Forza 6 at 4k/60 with 4k assets and still have 30% GPU and 30% RAM to play with is impressive. According to DF, when they ramped the game up to ultra settings, it still wasn't maxing out the GPU potential. All games, inc Xbox 360 BC games will automatically have access to the full potential of the Scorpio - unlike Sony's Pro 'Boost' mode which uses around 50% of the Pro - should make all games run at their maximum potential and according to DF, look better than just the resolution jump thanks to better textures at greater distances. Therefore a lot of games will look, run and load faster. Of course games would still need to be patched if developers want or allow games to run at higher resolutions and frame rates but at least they should hit their capped level consistently with no frame tear issues. Even if I had a 1080p TV, the Scorpio would still be on my radar for improved visual quality (at least downsampled to 1080p instead of 900p or less), better and smoother frame rates and older games running and looking better, and the faster HDD, faster CPU and larger RAM will really help with loading times. Look at how the BC 360 games often run better on the XB1 for example. No dynamic scaling or dropped frames...

I know the Xbox may not have the number or quality of developers making first party exclusives so I don't expect a sudden glut of games to take on Horizon, Uncharted, Last of Us or the number of Japanese titles that Sony offer, but I can see third party games looking and running better on Scorpio - at least until we get the PS5. No doubt Forza 7 will look incredible in 4k/60 and I wouldn't be surprised if Gears, Forza Horizon etc all get patched to 4k on or close to the release of this. Its also got a 4k HDR Bluray too.

I know I own a 4k HDR TV but this exceeded what I expected...

crippyd

@BAMozzy Like I've said before, I'm a day one on this. I'll be honest, the tech stuff was over my head but bigger numbers means better, right? The Forza bit looked very nice and the DF guy seemed quite impressed with what MS have shown him. I have a 4K 55" Sony TV but my wife and I have been thinking about getting a 60 or 65" and I think I've just found the reason to upgrade! I hope the MS do showcase some games now that they seem to have the tech side sorted out to make them more competitive in the console market. That could only benefit gamers for them to give Sony more competition. It'll be interesting to see what Sony come back with and how far away the PS5 is.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic