Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,436

Tasuki

So appearently the 1st controller port went out in my Original Xbox and I was wondering has this ever happened to anyone else? Never had an actual controller port go out on me except for a couple of Gamecubes. Did they just use bad controller ports that gen or something?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: My Original Xbox was working fine when I last used it around 10 years ago and since then its remained in storage. I never once had an issue with the controller ports - a few issues with some controllers (mostly 3rd party wireless ones) but not the console or ports.
Don't forget the console is over 10years old now and could be as much as 15years old - depending on when it was manufactured. I doubt many gamers still use their original Xbox anymore but even still, that's the first time I have heard of this issue.

Its possible that that generation of console didn't bother using very expensive, built to last ports knowing that the general life span of a console isn't that long or maybe you have just been unlucky?

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: Yeah I get what you're saying. I think really the thing that is making this worst on me is because it's on my "magical" Xbox so it's not like I can just say oh well I will just pick up another one (In actuality I have two Xboxes one normal and the one with the bad port). It's just which is going to be a quicker easier fix, changing out the controller port or magically enhancing another one.

My Backlog

AdamNovice

@KratosMD: That really sucks for xbox fans but you have to question if Platinum games have took on too much work for their staff. Since Scalebound started production Platinum have released or still making The Legend of Korra, Transformers, TMNT, Bayonetta 2, Star Fox Zero, Star Fox Guard, Nier: Automata, GranBlue and The Lost Order.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

Scalebound has been cancelled as Microsoft has removed it from their website. However it appears that Platinum and MS are not working together anymore, so there is a small chance that it could still come out on something else or multi platform. The original idea of Scalebound was conceived on the Wii for the Wii before MS got it, so who knows.

My Backlog

Gamer83

Doesn't MS own the IP?

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83: I dont think so, they were just the publisher I think Platinum owns the I.P. like they do with Bayonetta hence why Sega published the first and Nintendo the second one. As I said Scalebound was originally planned for the Wii.

My Backlog

Splat

Bring it to PS4! I have never owned an X-Box but was leaning towards finally getting one mainly because of Scalebound. If it just flat out doesn't get made that's going to be pretty sad.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

WanderingBullet

Not sure what was the reason for the cancellation though but seems to me like Platinum Games's working on a lot of games these days. Besides, Scalebound, there's also Granblue Fantasy and Lost Order.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Gamer83

@Tasuki: Well, if that's the case then I hope somebody does pick this IP up some day. I think at this point in regards to MS it just needs to forget about Japanese stuff period. That market doesn't care for Xbox anyway.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Splat: @Gamer83: Agree with both of you guys there.

Honestly if I were Nintendo I would jump on this now. If they were to have Platinum turn it into an exclusive for the Switch OMG that would be huge!! They have a good relation with Platinum and Bayonetta 2 did move some Wii Us. But then again this is Nintendo we are talking about.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

For me its a big disappointment! Of all the 'exclusives' due out this year on Xbox, this was my most anticipated and most likely only XB1 exclusive I would have bought! I couldn't care less about Halo anymore let alone Halo Wars 2. Sea of Thieves has no appeal either - not into MMO's. Crackdown 3 could be hit or miss - the first was good, the second not so much and I hated the 'co-op' mode. I also think that 'destruction' has been shoehorned in, as if MS had the technology and picked a Franchise at random they owned to incorporate it. I don't think it suits Crackdown - a group of Agents who are their to protect the city and its civilians against criminals - not flatten the city! What about rooftop races etc... I could go on...

Scalebound though was their most creative and new idea that appealed to me and may well have helped them in the Japanese market too. It may not have appealed as much as Horizon but the concept and visuals appealed quite a lot.

I really can't see that Nintendo would pick this up for the Switch. Its possible of course but I got the impression that Scalebound was pushing the Xbox One to its limits and even in demo's appeared to be struggling to deliver 30fps. I can't see something with a third of the Shaders, running at a much slower rate having the power to deliver on this concept. I really do hope that Scalebound isn't 'dead' though and the best I can hope for is that it becomes a multi-platform release - like Rime became.

I don't know why this has been cancelled - whether its a poor decision by MS and not knowing their Market or assets, maybe fed up that the game is too far from completion at this point or whether Platinum Games have really let themselves down - Its not as if many of their games of late have lived up to their potential. I hope its not something pathetic like MS feeling that Platinum Games are putting more effort into Nier: Automata for example. I guess we will never know for sure...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

johncalmc

I was expecting Scalebound to get delayed because it looked garbage town any time they've shown it off and it obviously was nowhere near ready for prime time. Surprised they just outright cancelled it though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: really, they cancelled it?

i thought it had potential, no where near ready yet but potential but to cancel it outright, seems a waste to me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: i can't help but fell MS has given up on consoles you know, they aint releasing much and all their exclusives are now coming out on PC and with this now they are canceling them

i reckon MS are getting ready to leave the console market myself

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gamer83

@FullbringIchigo:
That doesn't make much sense considering they're bringing out the Scorpio. I would say it's pretty clear MS doesn't want anything to do with exclusives that don't seem to fit mainstream Western sensibilities but I'm not ready to say it's planning to leave the console market.

Gamer83

johncalmc

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft left console hardware but stayed in the business in another way. They don't need Xbox. They make all their money from other avenues.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Gamer83: perhaps but on the flip side you could also say the scorpio is Microsofts last ditch effort to get the customers back after the colossal mess up they made with the xb1 at launch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic