Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,436

Tasuki

@BAMozzy: The only problem with leaving it on when I am away or asleep is that after awhile of no activity i.e. button responses, menu changes etc the systems will go shut off on its own.

@KratosMD Thanks I will look into it.

I will be honest, I am not sure if the 360 does or doesn't, last gen I hardly download games most of my 360 collection is physical. But since the PS4 I have found myself downloading alot more.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

crippyd

@Tasuki both @BAMozzy and @KratosMD are correct. It is exactly as Kratos said and also as BAM said, if you start to play online it'll stop downloads.

crippyd

Tasuki

@crippyd: Thanks for the info as well. Good to know about playing online but, I don't plan too while I am downloading all those games, since I will be at work or asleep.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@KratosMD: Well that is fine. KotOR takes place 4000 years before any of the movies so there is no need to know the movies to enjoy this game.

My Backlog

crippyd

@KratosMD My brother thought KotOR was the best game on the original Xbox, although the price seems quite expensive. Is there not a copy on Ebay or another online retailer?

crippyd

Tasuki

@crippyd: It's going to be expensive where ever you go, unless you do some private sale or are lucky to find it at a thrift store, garage sale etc. It's cause

A) It's Star Wars
B) It's generally one of the best and must have titles on the Xbox.
C) It has had very little rerelease.

Yeah you can get it on your phone, tablet etc. and it was also on PC but it has never been remastered, HD upgrade or any thing like that console wise.

My Backlog

Gamer83

I'm generally not a fan of 'remasters' but if there is one game that deserves the treatment it's KOTOR. And I'm not even a big Star Wars fan. It's just a great action-RPG.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@KratosMD: The only way I can see a Remastery happening would be if Disney, EA and Microsoft wil make it happen. Then if it were to happen it would probably be an Xbox One exclusive.

My Backlog

MaccaMUFC

I don't see a Battlefield 1 thread and didn't want to make one just to say that I'm playing the early access but noticed that it's not HDR supported, I wanted to play the campaign with the 10 hours you get with early access but with it not having HDR I'm holding off till it's proper release, will just play online instead and it's a lot of fun so far.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC: BF1 is getting a HDR Patch (so I hear). Did you get GoW4 - that looks awesome in HDR!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

What does everybody think of Gears 4? Finished my second playthrough of the campaign a couple days ago and I can safely say now it's easily my favorite game in the series since the original. Surprised it isn't reviewing as well as the first three did. It plays it safe, sure, but 10 years on this is still the best third person shooting action around.

Gamer83

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy - Yeah I've got Gears 4, I'm on Act 3 Chapter 4 atm and I'm absolutely loving it, it does look amazing in HDR and I agree with @Gamer83 that it's the best Gears so far. Just imagine how it's going to look when/if the next Gears releases on the Scorpio! I'll bet that it would be in native 4K but running at 30 FPS.

MaccaMUFC

Gamer83

@MaccaMUFC:
Gears 5 probably won't be out until late 2018 at the earliest so I could see it being the showcase game for Scorpio the same way Gears 1 was for the 360. I really need to get a 4K tv soon, I want to be ready for that day.

Gamer83

crippyd

I have the 4K TV and I'm waiting patiently for the Scorpio to land, that is going to be a day one just like the One was.

crippyd

crippyd

@Tasuki I thought you had a One, you have a 360?

crippyd

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC: I liked Gears 4 but it was definitely not as good as Gears 2 in the story. I was a bit disappointed by the use of Horde mode style missions in the campaign and the character interactions weren't on par with the trilogy. I was pleased that the Coalition kept the essence of Hears in the game-play and the few additions fitted in well - such as the reaching over and grabbing the enemy and then knifing them. The weather was great too and was more than just cosmetic but the story wasn't as strong or feel as long as other games. I feel it was a good start and looking forward to seeing what they do next in the series, seeing how the characters develop etc. Gears 4 should be in 4k/30 on Scorpio when it releases. No reason it shouldn't! Its 4k on PC and the Scorpio is more than 4x as powerful. Its supposed to be designed with 4k in mind for its first party software in a similar way to first party games run at 1080p on XB1. I also expect FH3 will be in 4k on Scorpio as well as Forza 7 which no doubt will release next year.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy - Gears 4 is definitely shorter than the others but in teams of gameplay and things like weather I think it's the best so far and I agree the character interaction isn't as great as the other Gears but I'm just having such a blast with Gears 4 that it's been so long since I last played the other Gears.

Do you think that games that are out now like FH3 and Gears 4 will get updated with the Scorpio? As in it will get patched and no need to buy the game again on the Scorpio?

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC: I'm not saying Gears 4 is bad, but when compared to Gears 2 for example, Gears 4 falls quite short. Gears 2 was incidentally my first 'HD' game. I was playing that when I bought my first big screen HD TV and the impact of those visuals along with the story, the depth of characters and interactions etc may well be adding to my opinion. Its funny that my first HDR game is Gears 4 LOL

Of course I believe that games out now will be running on Scorpio in 4k. I doubt it will need much of a patch either - just a small one to change the output settings and maybe tweak a few of the visual ones as well. Its not as if these games are not designed for 4k as they run at 4k on PC. No way will they be sold again.

I see the Scorpio in a similar way to the PS4 Pro and I also see it as partly next gen too. Its likely to operate in a similar way to PC's and upgrading your GPU. That allows you to play older games at higher settings as well as capable of adding new experiences (VR and its games) and also likely to have its own 'exclusives' too (although I expect this will be more 3rd Party at least initially). I can see MS continuing to release games that run on XB1 and Scorpio. If you owned both, you could put the disc in either and it would work but obviously you would get 4k on Scorpio. 3rd Party games though could release with 'Scorpio recommended' or 'Scorpio only' - maybe not in the first year but I can't see the XB1 lasting much beyond 5yrs (a year after Scorpio) - particularly with 3rd Party games. It really doesn't have the processing power.I know the XB1s has a bit more but the original has 1.31tflops and its 'older' style architecture makes it a lot less capable than a 1.31tflop GPU would be capable of delivering today - let alone the 6tflops of Scorpio and similar architecture of PC's that developers will be using to make their games.

That's how I see it anyway...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic