Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,436

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry There’s always issues. The only console I’ve gotten at launch was Wii and that’s one of the most stable consoles I’ve ever had, not a single fault over the 10 years I used it. I’m still going back and forth over PS5 but it’s mostly FOMO since you lot will all have one over the next few months! I just think I’ll hopefully be able to hold out for a revision that sorts the inevitable bugs and issues.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jaz007

@nessisonett @TheFrenchiestFry My launch PS4, 3DS (that's been dropped more than I care to admit), and Wii U have all been fine. Only 3DS issue is the battery is terrible now, but that's it. Wii U also didn't played enough to die I'll also admit. But my launch PS4 has been used for countless hours and is fine. Plenty of time with it preparing for lift off with the fan too.
Honestly, launch PS4 seems to be pretty reliable.

Jaz007

TheFrenchiestFry

I've actually never gotten a console at launch but I've gotten initial versions of systems before such as the PS4 and Switch during 2015 and 2017 respectively.

My Switch specifically already has a minor scratch near the top of the screen likely due to the dock scratching it when inserted, as this was apparently super common for launch window Switches.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@Jaz007 My 3DS was great but the battery died and then the charger port fell out the wee hole bit which was rather annoying. I muddled through just using the dock thing for a few months and then upgraded to a New 3DS XL with the Majora’s Mask bundle. Nintendo probably have the best build quality up until the Switch, which I personally just find feels exceedingly cheap. The Joy-Cons in particular are disgraceful, not since the red ring days of Xbox 360 have I seen these levels of hardware failures on a mass scale.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett It's weird. The Switch feels premium and cheap at the same time. Like the console has heft to it and feels substantial, and the Joy-Con feel particularly delicate as does the screen which is especially nice, but then there's stuff like the flap for the Game Card slot similar to the Vita 2000 and the extremely flimsy kick stand which are distractingly poor

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Especially considering the Pro Controller is probably the most premium feeling controller I’ve ever used. It’s nice to see that this gen will have 3 consoles with properly premium controllers though, although the Switch’s one is optional. The Xbox controller looks like it has some pretty nice improvements to bring it closer to the Elite one from this gen and the DualSense is truly revolutionary. I love my DualShock 4 but there’s something quite mass-market about it that I can’t quite put my finger on.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I think the thing with the DualShock 4 is that while it's an excellent controller, it has a few of those design quirks left over from previous gen controllers that feel slightly dated. It might be that they didn't want to iterate too hard on the established design but they also didn't want to be criticized for sticking to the same basic template after like 3 straight generations of essentially the same exact controller

Pro Controller would be my favorite controller of the generation if it had a headphone jack and if the d-pad didn't feel so mushy to me. Especially as a fighting game player sometimes I feel I have to jam my thumb into a specfic direction and even then it's still a 50/50 chance of whether or not inputs will actually register.

TheFrenchiestFry

JohnnyShoulder

@TheFrenchiestFry There have been a couple of instances of Series X not working straight out of the box, and some screws coming loose inside of the console, and the disks getting stuck halfway in the drive and making a 'clicking' sound. Bizarrely the same sound has been reported on the series s too, so it maybe the fan.

But there will always be instances of faulty hardware, even when there have been newer revisons. Just hardware that has just out is mostly more prone to die. And of course in this day and age everything is made into a massive drama.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I’ve been playing River City Girls with Game Pass and it’s seriously brilliant. I’ve dabbled in the Kunio-Kun series over the years but this is definitely the best of the bunch. The two main characters are really well written as well, funny and way more than the 2 dimensional characters they were in the older games.

R1spam

I've just went and bought a series x with two years game pass from game today. 29 quid a month for two years aint too bad! I'm working flat out, can't see family and friends and seen as I can't give sony 450 quid, no matter how hard I try I thought it was time for a bit of an impulse spend. Never ever played a gears, halo, fable or forza game so looking forward to trying! Any microsoft 1st party game recommendations I should start with? I played the demo for ori on switch and that looks right up my street

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam Forza Horizon 4 is absolutely brilliant and should be even better on Series X. The Medium’s coming out soon too which looks ace. Honestly there are so many great games on Game Pass that you should be sorted for the foreseeable future!

R1spam

@nessisonett yeah can't wait to give it a whirl, they look like they have done an amazing job of recreating Edinburgh! Driving along the Royal Mile at more than 10 mile an hour is going to blow my mind 🤯

Tasuki

All the Horizon games are brilliant. They are one of those games that you can just come back to at at anytime, very pick up and play. I am currently playing 3 but will eventually get to 4.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

R1spam

@Tasuki I heard the micromachines dlc for 3 was ok, looks like my daughter would like it 👍

R1spam

Well my series x arrived today! Have played a bit of forza 4 horizon and witcher 2 with a whole bunch of gamepass delights downloading as we speak! I'm still finding my way around the ui, so far I prefer the ps5 ui but I guess I should take my time to get used to it before comparing properly. Importing saves from my 360 was so much easier though than ps5 save transfer. What I don't need time for is the controller, its good but its no dualsense. Hopefully microsoft do an elite controller with haptics at some stage.

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

R1spam

@BAMozzy looks pretty good. I'm playing ballad of gay tony just now on series x, having played the base gta4 on 360 and difference is night and day with 60 fps. Hoping that we see them work on gamepass games with this framerate boost.

Th3solution

So there’s been a lot of discussion in the article comments sections lately about Microsoft and especially how the ZeniMax acquisition is going to affect PlayStation. I’m not as upset as most about the loss of Bethesda, but I have been following along mainly because I wonder if this is going to put pressure on Sony to change their market approach.

One comment posted today in one of the article said something that caught my eye. The user stated that people with a GamePass subscription buy more games than those without it. I found this hard to believe and wasn’t sure if it was just some made-up argument pulled out of thin air. Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is, why would that be?

I look at myself and over recent years since having 4-5 main streaming movie and TV services, I have purchased way fewer BluRay and digital movies. In fact I have a big DVD/BD movie collection and I’ve bought maybe one or two in the last 2 years whereas I used to buy 1 or 2 per month.

I would assume it’s the same for GamePass. If a player has GamePass, why would he/she buy games? Maybe for collector purposes but that’s got to be a small minority of players that do that.

So since I’ve never had an Xbox and never had GamePass, I figured I’d ask the question here to see if that is true. Do you all buy games after playing them on GamePass? Has anyone actually done that, and if so, why? If GP is a mechanism to actually increase game sales then I can start to see how maybe Microsoft does make more money on GamePass than we realize. Because otherwise, what I heard is that they are currently losing money on the service.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Honestly, both the ‘Microsoft are going to keep losing money on GamePass, it’s not sustainable’ argument and ‘People buy more games with Game Pass than without’ argument are flawed. Microsoft don’t actually release the sorts of figures that would allow people to construct some sort of argument on the subject. I like Game Pass, I get a good deal and play a lot of games that I wouldn’t have otherwise. Way I see it, that’s all I can really worry about. People are so focused on the ‘future of the industry’ when in fact, the industry has survived a lot. Video games are making more money than they ever have, especially after the pandemic. Game Pass won’t set that back.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic