Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,436

Tasuki

@BAMozzy I might be mistaken but didn't they give out Lego Stars the Complete Series, which is Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 in one game with some extras for free a few years ago? If so it makes Lego Star Wars II kind of redundant.

I have Styx on PS4 which is ok if you like stealth games and I have Batman on PS4 as well which I beat awhile ago. Tekken 6 is ok and actually the only Tekken game I don't own having traded in a few years ago. But yeah could have been better but could have been worst.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ryall

Xbox Series X will be using a NVMe SSD. Which is the fastest technology currently in the PC space.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-xbox-s...

Hopefully it’s an indication that the next generation consoles will use generic technology that is easily upgradable. Rather than forcing us to rely on the initial capacity or proprietary memory cards.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

BAMozzy

@Tasuki I am sure they gave Lego Star Wars - the Complete series (obviously excludes episodes 7-9) but eventually, they will run out of options as there is only a relatively small pool of games to offer that are also Backwards Compatible. It is a 'new' game - in that it hasn't been offered before - even if it does have some of the content of the other title offered.

I have never liked the TellTale games and don't like Fighting games either so not really a great month for me at all. I have yet to play a Styx game too....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

so i'm playing FFVII on the XBOX ONE (after platinuming the PS4 version) and i just got Vincent but i never got a notification for the Achievement, i looked and it did unlock but it just didn't send a notification and the strange thing is this sin't the first game it's happened on

has this ever happened to anyone else while playing a game?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I had some issues with the left thumbsticks but never the right - mostly from pressing down to sprint and moving in directions. I would try try blowing air through it or maybe spray some deoxit into it but you may want to open it up if spraying 'liquid contact cleaner' into the controller.

Its probably a mix of dust (inc plastic from the wear and tear on the thumbsticks for example) and skin/grease as well some oxidation etc of the metals inside. Blowing air - you can buy a spray can of compressed air to blow in - don't blow in your breath as that has moisture in it - may help blow the dust out if its not 'stuck'. If you do open it up, you may find other causes and potentially easier to 'fix' as well.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@KratosMD No probs and good luck...

Its not just the dust from air though as you will also get plastic dust from wear and grease/skin from you using it. You also get some oxidation and combined with dust and grease, it can affect the switches inside and the contact. If you can't get it working with a blast of air, then really you may need to take it apart or look to replace. Deoxit spray is also very good as it dissolves oxidation, improves the contact and lubricates/adds a protective film - but you also need to ensure it can 'flush' out too.

MaccaMUFC

@KratosMD A can of WD-40 usually sorts anything out.

Joke, please don’t use WD-40 lol seriously though I’m the same with it comes to dismantling the controller, I did it once with one of my kid’s when the left trigger was playing up, dismantled it and I just made it worse as it stopped working all together.

I’d take BAMozzy‘s suggestions but even they fail then try dismantling as a last resort before buying a new controller.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Glad to hear it helped

JohnnyShoulder

WOW. The back and front of a console. The latter which we've already seen.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

New 'game' from Ninja Theory...

BAMozzy

February's 2020 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: TT Isle of Man and Call of Cthulhu.

For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), February kicks off with Fable Heroes, followed by Star Wars Battlefront.

Overall - Meh!

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i thought NT was working on the Hellblade sequel? or is that done already?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo They are - but they also have other projects too - such as Bleeding Edge (a multiplayer Online combat game due to launch in March 2020) and Project Mara - a new in-development experimental title that explores new ways of storytelling.

"Project: Mara will be a real-world and grounded representation of mental terror. Based on real lived experience accounts and in-depth research, our aim is to recreate the horrors of the mind as accurately and realistically as possible. Project: Mara will be an experimental title and a showcase of what could become a new storytelling medium."

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice itself was made by a 'skeleton crew' of about 20 people whilst the rest of Ninja Theory were 'developers for hire' - working on contracted jobs for others. The majority of Ninja Theory had to do this to have the funds to make their own game - Hellblade and one of the reasons it wasn't launched on multiple platform. It wasn't because Sony paid for exclusivity but because they didn't have the manpower to make it on all platforms at the start.

Point is, they were a large studio of over 100 people but only 20 were able to make Hellblade whilst the rest were involved in outside projects. No doubt they will be shifting people around as necessary to finish Hellblade 2 but also working on other projects. They also set up the Insight Project - a Research and Development project dealing with Mental Health. With The Insight Project, Ninja Theory plans to build smaller games to "help people identify and control negative emotions" and maybe Project Mara was born out of this too. The Insight Project also builds upon and continues the co-operation between Ninja Theory and Paul Fletcher, a University of Cambridge psychiatrist and professor of health neuroscience who had consulted the studio on Hellblade.

It looks like Ninja Theory will be continuing to explore Mental Health and build games to help understand what people suffering from Mental Health issues feel. It also seems that they will be making other games - like Bleeding Edge too.

I got the impression that Obsidian and Ninja Theory were tasked with making something relatively 'quickly' to boost the output of Exclusives before the next gen - hence Bleeding Edge and Grounded. Neither seem particularly 'deep' but could be fun for those that enjoy that type of thing...

nessisonett

@KratosMD It’s great on PC, I agree about the short indie games being the best games on the service. Ape Out was the stand out game for me, a short but extremely fun indie game that I wouldn’t have bought outright but had a tremendous amount of fun with.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD That is interesting and I do think indie games can benefit from subscription models because people are more likely to take a risk on it. I have Apple Arcade and have found some great gems on that I tried because I could. It also means they get some promotion by the platform holders and that makes a big difference.

I do still buy a lot of indie games new - I bought Untitled Goose Game for something like £15 at launch and don't regret it. I did the same with My Friend Pedro. For me personally, I don't mind supporting games I really want to play at launch even if the length is only a few hours. My favourite game of last year was Katana Zero and I bought that for £15 and it was about 4-5 hours and loved every second. That said, I don't have much time for long games so indie games being shorter works well for me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i just brought an external HDD for my XB1 and it came with a months free Game Pass Ultimate so i thought i would take the chance to play a few games i never got round to buying such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider

personally i still don't think the service is for me, i still prefer to own my games physically and i'm still not sold on the idea that i wouldn't be able to play any game pass games if my internet went down (and given i live in a rural area it happens quite often) but i guess i can see why some people would be drawn to it

on a side note does anyone know why games i already owned, including physical game are showing up in my game pass games list? and will anything happen when my free month runs out? i don't want to lose access to games i legitimately own

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Understand completely - indie gaming is quite important to me personally, but in my mind, indie wouldnt work without AAA or even AA games since they are a nice alternative. I tend to revist indies more than AAA but that might have something to do with length. I do like owning games though and I must say, I miss owning some indie games physically.

The Limited Run games and companies like it are good, I guess, but I can't afford them or pre-order and pay for games 4 months before they get posted out when I can buy them digitally for a fraction of the price. I'd love physical copies of Night In the Woods, MY Friend Pedro etc. but not able to pay £30-40 for them to be delivered.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I agree.

One thing I don't like about these subscription services is when games get rotated in and out of them. I like to play games at my own pace, I could not stand to rush through a game because it is coming off the service.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LocalPenguin

With Series X on the way, I was wondering...do you think we'll see the return of sister site Pure Xbox??

LocalPenguin

PSN: LocalPenguin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic