Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,350

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet probably because no one is buying it as it has Fallout 76 in it and no one want's that

they gotta shift the stock somehow

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo I don't think it's that bad even if they sold it for $499. It's the same price but with a free game. Consumers can then do whatever they want with the game. $100 off is crazy. lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

@Splat I played it on an OG Xbox One via Gamepass and it ran good for me. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but if it is on sale I'd say it's worth it.

Yeah, if I see it on a PSN Flash sale I'm going to get it. I had to give up on it on PC. It runs poorly enough that it was ruining the experience.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat That's understandable. I remember reading somewhere that it ran poorly on PC but consoles it ran good. Myabe you will get lucky and it will be a PS+ Game one month

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

After playing Battle Chasers for a few hours on Pass I bought it for PS4. I just prefer playing on the big screen over my laptop.

Tasuki

@Splat Are the games different in Europe or something?? I look for Battle Chasers on the Game Pass on my Xbox One and didn't see it at all. I would like to try it out as well

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

@Tasuki I'm in the US but playing on PC. I think the games available are a bit different.

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Availability and licencing could be some major reasons why. MS may not have the same permissions to bring certain games to PC and, like Xbox, games can come and go so its possible that some games may of come and 'gone' on Xbox already and now on PC. The two, whilst MS has control over their games, would still have to rely on publishers agreeing on titles for each format. Obviously, a PC only game won't appear on Xbox's list of Game Pass titles. Maybe things will become more aligned in the future...

Publishers may not want a game that's selling 'well' on PC to be in Game Pass but on console, it could see some new sales as those without Game Pass may buy to play with friends that have it free on Game Pass. There could be other reasons too but I don't think its 'odd' myself...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

So looks like there will be only one Xbox console at launch next gen with the less powerful Lockheart being scrapped. Apparently developers were finding it difficult to work with two different consoles. Makes sense as it could have proven a bit of nightmare for consumers too.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i didn't even know MS was even thinking of having 2 different consoles next gen?

i mean i can kind see why this gen they released enhanced systems so many years after the launch of the original but it makes no sense to release 2 different systems of different specs at the same time

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder There was a rumour that it was scrapped because of Stadia. Ether way, I couldn't see it being a good idea and who knows the real reason it was cancelled. For all we know, it was just an idea or even something to throw off Sony...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Phil Spencer said they had multiple consoles in development at E3 2018. One of them was rumoured to be codenamed Anaconda and one codenamed Lockheart.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

July's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: INSIDE and Big Crown: Showdown. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), July kicks off with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, followed by Meet the Robinsons.

Can't say Xbox One's Line-up for July is better than Sony's this month and Sony fans aren't thrilled with their choices.I do think that Castlevania may help to give Xbox the edge this month and maybe Inside too as that was highly rated - not really my thing but will add it anyway - just because I can...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night would give it the edge IF it wasn't for that fact i already have it on the XB360/XB1

and PS1

and PS4

and PSP

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Hence I said 'may help' but at the very least, it is a classic and the game by which all others like this (inc Bloodstained) are judged. Inside is an award winning game too which 'may' be enough for people to feel that the 4 games here are better than PES and that race game that, like its name, is forgettable. Even if you have Castlevania, I still think that the line-up here is better than PS+ this month...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy honestly i think they are both pretty weak line ups, still even with this one being weak over the course of the year you still get more than your moneys worth

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic