Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

looks like both GwG and PS+ are weak this month

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@ZeD oh it's a stronger offering than Plus that's true (although i already have Castlevania MoF HD) but i still think compared to other months this year it's still pretty weak

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

Well that's next gen all done and dusted, well done Microsoft you fecking idiots. Did they learn nothing from the Wii U? They will announce Kinect 3 next.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder my thoughts exactly, what a ridiculous name. More than that though, that reveal was pathetic with a stupid little trailer of a car and Master Chief, it was that good I can't even remember what else was in it. Oh it's got Hellblade 2 that'll be a system seller ๐Ÿ™„

What an absolute waste of a reveal

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

FullbringIchigo

you know i saw that announcement and i still can't quite understand what i saw, the name is dumb and while i'll be the first to say i don't really care about what a console looks like i have to wonder what they were thinking with this one, it look like an stretched Amazon TV Cube

also anyone else notice the disc drive is right at the bottom, just seems like it could be a bit of an issue if you ask me, it's far to easy to block or cover

and the fact it only has one vent witch is concaved so it's just going to hold dust like a bowl

of course take out the disc drive and it's not much of an issue anymore and i also like the fact it has a proper share button on the controller now but it has a name that is already confusing people, it looks odd and when it comes to consoles looking too odd is a detriment and even though they showed it off we still know eff all about it

with how it looks this feels it's more form over function, like they made something that looks nice sitting next to your Amazon Echo rather than something that looks like it plays video games

is see the Scarlet (i'm not calling it "Series X", it's just dumb) and i don't think Game console, i think the pointless Trophy
Untitled
Untitled

ZeD

@FullbringIchigo This does not scream out "I am the next generation console". I knew MS would go down the mobile phone/pc line of the hardware cycle where you can play all games on any console from the family but at least the S & X look different. This just looks like a stacked X. It is the Wii U all over again///

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@ZeD i showed my dad what it looks like and he said "if i saw that in a shop i would walk by it, it looks like a speaker" and your right, it doesn't shout "next gen" at all

roe

Terrible name, and even putting the design aside, I've no idea why they decided to reveal it making it look like an absolutely huge unit.

Haha that pointless trophy comparison

roe

BAMozzy

I couldn't care less about the name and MS have been anything but conventional since the 2nd generation - 360 and then One - not exactly 'logical'. As for the look, Its nothing special - reminded me of the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey but at least it can be 'horizontal' which is fine by me as it will fit on my AV shelf.

The 'dreams' video that went along with it wasn't too bad for a vague concept of what MS are looking to bring. There was scenes that were also shown in the Hellblade II trailer and of course we get a Car (Forza) and Master Chief (Halo) - 3 games that are likely to be Launch titles for the new console.

At the end of the day, as long as the 'box' fits on the shelf and Black, I couldn't care less what it looks like - its all about the games and how well the console runs them. I bought a PS4 Pro and that thing is UGLY. According to news, the new Xbox will be at least as quiet as the X - which is a LOT quieter than any recent Sony console.

The only decision I will be making though is which to buy first - the PS5 or the new Xbox. That will most likely come down to which console has the best multi-platform game performance (although other factors will be considered - Price, Launch titles etc) and I will end up with both because I want access to ALL exclusives. I certainly won't dismiss one because of its 'name' or the way it looks....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

redd214

I'm perplexed by the initial reaction as well. The name and how it looks are such insignificant factors, seems it's all people can focus on. I've never given a deep amount of thought into how a console looks personally, it goes in the entertainment center and stays there. It's not an art piece that I show off to guests when they come over lol.

redd214

BAMozzy

@redd214 I totally agree. I can't say I am overly keen on the PS5 with that V top and lots of vents - but I will still buy. If I want too 'show off' a console, I do so by playing a game on my 4k HDR screen to show what the console can do - not what the box looks like. I am far more interested in what's inside the plastic covering, what that combination of hardware enables me to play. If I want to play (which most likely I will) games like Hellblade II, Halo, Gears, Forza and whatever projects those newly acquired studio's are making, then I will need a system to play them on.

Its been that way forever. The consoles haven't always been what I would consider great looking or great names either. The first Xbox made sense as a name but every one since has been considered 'odd'. There was criticism over the 360 and One and I much preferred the 'Scorpio' name over 'X' but I still bought them. I never liked the slanted angles of the PS4 and the Pro is ugly too but I still bought them.

As much as I dislike 'white' (or cream) consoles, IF that was the only choice, I would still buy because its the best (and in some cases - only) way to play the games I want to play. I would rather buy an ugly console with a 'bad' name than go without playing the games I want.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Nei

^I know but that really sounds and looks bad! OMG the line up of this better be amazing

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 @BAMozzy the thing is a name and how it looks is important for selling to the masses, while to us as gamers it's not a huge issue (my main issue is that it just doesn't look like a next gen video game console, like i said before when my dad saw it he thought it was a speaker) what you have to think about it how the average consumer is going to see and i think that's where this falls down, there are already people who are confused as to just what this is, some think it's just a new version of the XB1 and some think it's a kind of add on for it and a name like "Series" it doesn't help it, that makes it sound like it's not that important, it like the Wii and Wii U, people don't know what to make of it because of how it's being presented

lets think about next Xmas when this will be on sale, and while we don't know what the PS5 will look like (why people STILL think the dev kit is the PS5 is beyond me) i imagine it's going to share something of a style with the PS4 so if your a parent or grandparent who is buying their kid a console for xmas and you walk into a shop which are you going to look at, the thing that looks like a media device or the thing that looks like a fireplace ornament? especially when that has a name virtually the same as the current one XBOX ONE X - XBOX Series X (actually that mane makes it sound like it's something for the XB1X, not a new system)

as for colour i would think it would be nicer in another colour like White or maybe even transparent because as it stands it looks kind of generic with most modern tech, it looks like a square Amazon Echo

now you will have to forgive me as i am still EXTREMELY ill and i still can't concentrate properly so that might not make a lot of sense, it's just when you current system sold badly compared to your competitor (estimated less than half) and given how the reveal of the XB1 went down they needed to make sure that everything was perfect with the reveal, they needed to make sure that everyone knows just what it is and what it can do and they failed on that

redd214

@FullbringIchigo I'll leave it Microsoft on being concerned with selling it to the masses. It's really not as confusing as you're making it out to be imo. In terms of appearance, it looks fine. It's a black rectangular box lol, not sure what people are looking for in a console but that's about what I expected it to look like.

I once again don't think it's anywhere near a big of a deal as folks are making it out to be. Guess we will find out in due time, hope you feel better soon

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy That is just the dev kit for the ps5. They have not revealed the final design for the ps5 yet. The name and look of a console may not matter to the likes of us but it will to the general consumer. These are the people that will make up the bulk of console sales.

The ps4 pro is ugly, but it is a niche product. Not the the main console of the next generation from one of the main console manufactures. But i think that is an awful name and design

It matters not to me personally as I will be getting a ps5 unless Sony does something disastrous. Like having the console designed like a portable air conditioning unit. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@redd214 I got this from another site.

"Itโ€™s also now confirmed that Halo Infinite will be a cross-gen release, so itโ€™ll be out on both Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Which are two completely different formats from different generations of hardware. Do you see how silly and confusing that looks when you write it out like that, Microsoft? Do you see?!"

And I see the design is being poked fun at across the internet. Not a good look. It will look good as a table stand to put my PS5 on.

redd214

@JohnnyShoulder I would say writing it out like that actually is less confusing lol. The fact that people on the internet are making fun of something registers so low on my "do I care" meter it's barely worth talking about. I won't be getting one regardless so if people are poking fun at it well then more power to them

Hopefully the ps5 is such a striking design that people assume it was hand crafted by Michaelangelo himself and the gawk, mouths wide open at its stunning beauty /s

Whatever floats people's boats but imo it's as silly as my wife getting upset that our washing machine is a shade darker gray than the dryer lol.

redd214

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I know its just a Dev Kit but that's still UGLY. We don't know IF any design elements will be carried through to the final product either. The PS4 Pro is ugly but so is the PS4 Slim which cannot be described as 'Niche' like the Pro. The Slim replaced the original design and has been in production now longer than the first PS4. The first PS4 wasn't great either with its ridiculous angles but regardless of whether you (or I) think they are aesthetically displeasing, we bought the console more because of the games that this plastic box of hardware enabled us to play.

The Monolith (for want of a better description) is completely inoffensive and, as many have said, resembles other products people are more than happy to have in their home - speakers, Alexa etc and it can also be placed horizontally. As I said, I couldn't really care less as long as it fits on my shelf, doesn't look out of place and plays the games I want to play. It won't be the first console with a name that doesn't make sense or be predictably boring but whether its the last, we will have to see.

I know some people are completely stupid but I doubt the 'general consumer' will be the ones looking to buy in the first 6months or so. They are the ones more likely to stick with what they have and by which time, will have some idea of what console they wish to buy. If the games and service they want happens to be MS's I can't see them refusing to buy the Xbox 'Series X' just because it looks like something they already have in their house or because the name doesn't follow a conventional 1, 2, 3, 4...

What matters most is the controller and the games. People bought the Wii (stupid Name) because of the games and its innovative motion controllers. People have bought the PS4 Slim/Pro despite its ugly design because of the games those consoles enabled them to play.

Even if PS5 looks like the Dev Kit or worse, people will buy it regardless because of the games from Sony Studio's. Whether they are 'stupid' or not, the general consumer will still buy a PS5 if it offers the games they want to play because that is far more important than the look of the console. No doubt, anyone who doesn't like the design(s) of the next gen machines will whinge about it on the internet but I doubt it will stop them buying IF the console has the games they want to play!!!

BAMozzy

January's 2020 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Styx: Shards of Darkness and Batman: The Telltale Series. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), January kicks off with Tekken 6, followed by LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy.

Could be worse....

....Could be a LOT better too!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic