Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,436

crippyd

@mrobinson91 I have two characters on DS1, one is at the end boss (which I can't beat) and is about level 102 and the other is in the area after the first real boss and is about level 20. My high level guy is a bit of a monster on strength and stamina and the end boss still just wipes the floor with me!

crippyd

crippyd

I need some help please. I've unlocked a couple of Achievements on my 360 and they show on my 360 Achievements list but nowhere else even though a couple of days ago I unlocked a couple of others and they show up fine. Is there a problem with Live?

crippyd

Kidfried

crippyd wrote:

I need some help please. I've unlocked a couple of Achievements on my 360 and they show on my 360 Achievements list but nowhere else even though a couple of days ago I unlocked a couple of others and they show up fine. Is there a problem with Live?

Are you sure they're not synced? If there were problems with Live or your ISP then the achievements will not show up on the top of the list or at your recent achievements, but rather at the bottom. I've had that all the time in my last apartment.

Might of course be something totally different in your case, but this is the first thing that came up.

Kidfried

crippyd

@Kidfried I just don't understand why it would update my profile for some of the Achievements I got and then not for the last couple I've got. It's more annoying than anything else as it doesn't actually mean anything in real life. I've just looked on my phone at my gamerscore and it definitely doesn't have the last two Achievements showing but the ones I unlocked on 30th August are there. Totally bizarre!

crippyd

JaxonH

ReCore has arrived early, and I've played up through the first boss and a little beyond.

This game reminds me of Metroid Prime the more I play it. Lock on and strafe, double jump, backtracking with upgrades, heck it even has magnetic rails!

Now, anyone who's ever played Metroid Prime knows good and well it's one of the greatest games ever created. And ReCore is the most "Prime-like" game I've ever played since the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption back on the original Wii. It's like if you took Metroid Prime and mixed it with the platforming of Mega Man, ReCore would be the offspring. This is gonna be a sleeper hit- there's just so little talk of it given how good the game actually is.

But I wanna know your guys' thoughts.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

BAMozzy

@JaxonH: Considering Armature, the developers of ReCore, are comprised of key creative members behind Metroid Prime, its unsurprising there are similarities.

It was directed by Mark Pacini, the man who helmed the Metroid Prime trilogy. Written by Joseph Staten, the man who helped build the Halo universe. And with the involvement of an outspoken Japanese development legend who's never far away from the headlines, Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, most recently responsible for the troubled Mighty No. 9.

Its not a game that immediately jumps out to me as a 'must have' - especially at this 'expensive' time for gaming - having pre-ordered the PS4 Pro and a couple of games due in the next couple of months - including CoD:IW Legacy Pro Edition (which includes CoD4:MWr and the Season Pass), its not that high on my list. I must admit when I saw the E3 reveal, I was expecting more of a 3rd Person Action/Adventure Game and even that wasn't top of my list. Its most likely to end up as one of those games I may pick up in the new year when things quieten down

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JaxonH

@BAMozzy:
I think they did a poor job advertising and showing the game, because I wasn't too hyped for it until I actually played it- I mean it was a new game but I didn't know how good it'd be, and my brother said same thing.

My bro came by yesterday evening and I stayed up pretty late playing the game, with him watching, and me and him both are just blown away by how incredibly awesome the game is (even for him watching, he's talking about buying an X1 now which is really sayin something). It's definitely a Metroid Prime game of modern times- even when I wrote that post before I hadn't realized the full extent of it, but this game could swap out the character for Samus and it'd pass as Metroid Prime 4. We were cracking up at every similarity- the robotic "space pirates", the insanely gorgeous isolated environments and strong female lead, power-ups gravitating toward you, lock-on and strafe (which was the core gameplay of Metroid Prime combat, so having that really makes it "feel" like Prime), the magnetic rails, gaining new abilities to access previously unaccessible areas... This is the game I've been begging Nintendo to make for a generation- I just never thought I'd be playing it on an Xbox lol...

Well, when you do get around to play it, I think you're in for a serious surprise with how good it is. Basically, anyone who loved Metroid Prime and swears by those games, is probably gonna love this game to death.

Along side Ori, it's the best game I've played on Xbox One, which is ironic given they're both less than $60 games. They both look good though- ReCore particularly looks pretty close to AAA standards, just a few rough edges...

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Wow, they're ripping ReCore apart in these reviews.

Shame too cause most people will listen. Or maybe they know something I don't. I'm gonna play more tonight and see if the next 3-4 hours are as good as the first.

Gamer83

Not too surprised ReCore is getting ripped apart, looked decent at best and given some of Joseph Staten's quotes prior to the game coming out, I started to worry about where the focus really was...

Anyway, the Forza Horizon 3 demo is live, hoping this game is as awesome as 2 is.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Yeah, Forza Horizon 3 is going to be awesome. The demo pretty much confirmed for me that at worst, it's going to be on par with Forza Horizon 2, which is good enough considering that is still the best racing game this gen.

Also got a copy of ReCore, fortunately it's a better game than the reviews it's getting. I don't think I'd give the high praise @JaxonH did, putting in the class of top tier games like Metroid Prime, but it is worth a go if you're looking for a fun game with plenty of platforming. It does have some frame rate issues when a lot of enemies are on screen and the loading times are absolutely atrocious, have to put that warning out there, but if you can look past that, there is a good time to be had.

Gamer83

crippyd

I'm quite interested in ReCore although I won't be getting it for a long time as I really need to spend some time and clear up my backlog which currently consists of approximately 70 games (as a conservative estimate!), so I'm starting with my 360 and going from there.

crippyd

JaxonH

@Gamer83:
I should clarify that no, it's not in the same tier as Metroid Prime.

It's just very similar to it and scratches that itch I've had for 10 years. I am having a blast, but ya, it's certainly that good. I'm just excited cause gosh dang, feels like I've been starved for a game like this.

MaccaMUFC

Today I thought I came across the best XB1 S bundle;
1TB console
2x wireless controllers
Turtle Beach headset
FIFA 17
Forza Horizon 3
Minecraft
12 months Xbox Live Gold
£25 gift card

Then I looked at the price... £1,495!!!
I then realised it was Brighthouse, no chance, I'll just go for the XB1 S with FIFA 17 for £299.99.

MaccaMUFC

Gamer83

@JaxonH:
Nintendo got scared off after people responded poorly to Metroid: Other M. Which to be fair, piss poor story aside, the important part, the gameplay, was actually good. It's nice that this game is around to scratch that itch for some people, but I get more of a Borderlands mixed with Ratchet & Clank vibe from it to be honest.

Gamer83

JaxonH

@Gamer83:
Ya, I maybe should have worded it better when I said "Metroid Prime 4" lol. Ya basically I mean this game is scratching that MP4 itch. But it's not that good

Idk it's a mix of everything. Just that lock and strafe combat was the core of Prime and this is the only game that has really utilized it since then, so immediately it evoked an emotional response within me as all those memories just rushed to the forefront.

crippyd

@KratosMD Black is a superb game, although it is quite difficult and the checkpoint system is very unforgiving. Mafia is a decent game too.

crippyd

Gamer83

@KratosMD:
I honestly didn't know how they'd top Forza Horizon 2 but they threw the kitchen sink at this one and it worked. I like the idea that this game gives the player more control of the Horizon event. Looking forward to next Tuesday so I can finally play the whole game.

Gamer83

crippyd

@KratosMD if I remember correctly there is a difficulty level you can alter but even on easy it was a challenge.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic