Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,256

roe

So hot on the heels of PlayStation's "announcement", Xbox have finally released details of their "All Digital" Xbox One S.

I'm not totally against the idea of a disc-less console, but this is pretty bizarre timing. It's pretty much the same size as the Xbox One S, and it's even more or less the same price. In fact on Amazon, you can currently buy a standard One S for cheaper than the pre-order of this piece of garbage. Weird.

Edited on by roe

roe

JohnnyShoulder

Oh dear MS, you have dropped a clanger again. The most pointless thing ever, especially if there a will be announcing a next gen machine at E3.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

I'm the type of person that would be in the market for a discless system but the price their charging for it seems nonsensical. I honestly was expecting them to get super aggressive with the initial price and just make up for it with subs like gamepass. Releasing it at basically the same price you can get an S for now seems short sighted.

redd214

BAMozzy

I saw this on their Live stream and as soon as this was announced, I switched off! I really do think this isn't a great idea. The one thing the S had as a 'saving' grace was the fact that it was also a 4k HDR bluray player and, when it launched, cheaper than dedicated Bluray players with the 'bonus' of playing games too.

With any luck, sales of this will be appalling and MS will opt to drop the idea in the future. At the very least, it will tell them that the 'majority' will still buy Disc based consoles and so will continue making Consoles with a DD even if they do decide to make a cheaper, discless version alongside it.

It 'almost' makes sense for a 2nd or for a child in the family to have their 'own' console. A single subscription to Game Pass (either with or without Gold) can give that child access to hundreds of games without having to buy games outright. They would get the 4 monthly games with Gold too so will build up a big library of games in no time with 'little' outlay.

With MS looking to make 'xbox' more than 'just' a console, their entire 'game' branch that is playable on multiple devices of which the console is just one of, a discless console could appeal to a mobile/tablet/PC owner, a device that plugs into a TV and allows them to access their 'Xbox' digital library. I do think we will need to stop thinking of 'xbox' as just the console moving forward as Xbox will be on multiple devices and not 'just' the console format.

For me, I will always want a disc based preferably console format device to play my Xbox games on. Others may well prefer to play Xbox on their PC or Tablet - maybe even on Phones if Windows 10 is installed on them. It doesn't matter what device you have, you just sign in to your windows 10 device and play 'xbox' on it.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

apparently XBL is getting a price increase in the UK

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-04-xbox-live-gold-...

also yes i am posting in SOME of the forums again but i'm still not going anywhere near the comments section, i'm still getting crap off people for old posts (whom i have now just took to blocking)

If i could live in any video game world it would be Gaia from FFIX, i love that world and characters

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo I noticed this the other day. Seems to have not been much reported on. Going to keep my eyes peeled for a deal as mine is up in August.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego i think i'll be dropping gold now, with both PS+ and XBL now being £50 and having very little disposable income i can't really warrant getting both anymore and as most of the people i play online with are on PS4 it makes sense, at least for me

If i could live in any video game world it would be Gaia from FFIX, i love that world and characters

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Welcome back, glad you have decided to join us again!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's just in the odd forums, at least for now

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I know what you mean. Something has got to give with all these subscriptions.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego yeah especially as we also have to pay the internet bill (which can be expensive depending on what plan your on) and probably have other things like Netflix or Prime as well

it soon adds up

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo I know - I felt like Nintendo held me to ransom with their online just because i want to back up my cloud saves. Luckily I got some free with Twitch Prime.

BAMozzy

I was just thinking that with May literally less than 12hours away, I haven't seen the usual Xbox youtube video for next month's Games with Gold. I tried a youtube search and no 'official' Xbox video, not on their channel so looking further, all I could see was video's being very critical of the games offered - some citing that it was the worst month ever and asking whether MS should actually cease offering games at all...

Anyway, as I usually post here to let those of us with Xbox consoles know what games are offered, I can only post a Picture of the titles (courtesy of the official Xbox Wire news) and the following blurb.

Untitled

In May on Xbox One, mix up the fun and party with friends in Marooners, then pick up your driver and hit the links in The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour. On Xbox 360, and Xbox One via Backward Compatibility, defend the planet against an alien-insect invasion in Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, and finally the leap into comic book action in Comic Jumper.

I must admit, there isn't anything that jumps out here as something I would actually want to play at all. For me it is a 'bad' month...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tasuki

Another bad month. Seriously I remember when all the Xbox Owners use to brag that GwG was better in the free game category then PS+. I am believing that those people were just trolls since owning my Xbox One since last year I have not seen a GwG where I went oh heck yeah that's better then PS+.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki At one point, GwG was better. There was AAA games compared to yet another pair of indie platformers or games that were similar to each other. Also of course you were getting 2 Backwards Compatible games too which were (and still are) AAA games whilst PS+ offered small indie games for PS3 and Vita. For those with 'just' a PS4, the titles were underwhelming each month and the fact that many Sony gamers expected 'high' quality because of PS+ on PS3 - but now its necessary for online, it felt like they were getting 'poor' games since paying for online.

@Kidfried There has been some AAA games though since Game Pass, games like Battlefield 1, For Honour, Forza Horizon 2 and even last month's The Technomancer was, believe it or not, a AAA game - not that it sold well or launched to a big fanfare but technically it was a full price release. I don't know if the Golf game next month was a AAA release, I don't like golf. Celeste, which was a highly praised 'indy' has been offered too. I know they maybe old, but there have been some great 360 BC games offered too.

I know they can't consistently offer games that you want every month - 48 games that you personally want as someone else would be disappointed that their most wanted hasn't been offered. I am not defending them at all btw as nothing really jumps out to me in the last month or 3. I have to go back to last year to find an XB1 GwG game that I was quite interested in playing. Games like the aforementioned Celeste & Technomancer as well as games like PvZ2:GW, WRC6, Bomberman, Bloodstained etc - all offered this year, just doesn't appeal to me personally but, as some may say, you can't grumble if they are 'free'. In truth, most of the games that are 'totally' free - in the sense that I can keep them regardless, I have been OK with - I would prefer it if they had the X enhanced feature so they don't look quite so dated (they still do regardless) but at least they tend to play better than they ever did on X...

BAMozzy

The video - as if that will make the offerings 'better'...

FullbringIchigo

SO it finally happened, my XB1's wi-fi adapter has completely died, can't connect online at all now & as it's NOT my home console, that's the old one in the living room with the broken disc drive (which we all use for Netflix and a few games i have digitally) i can't use most of my games or DLC, it's basically only good for DVD's & blu-rays now

Untitled

oh and no i can't connect it to a wire either not that it would matter because i took it downstairs and tried and that wouldn't work either, it's like the whole part of it is dead

it is a really good blu-ray player though AND as it's also a XB1s it's also a 4K blu-ray player so when i get my 4K TV later this year (prepping for the next gen) i can start using that too

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki nah the next gen systems probably aint too far away so i might as well wait and besides any games i have on XB1 i can also get on either PS4 or P.C if i really wanted too

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic