Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 2,436

Rudy_Manchego

Pretty good month. Just finished Gears 4 on gamepass but would still add it to my library.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

Another average month for me. Not big on the Gears games or Forza (unless it Horizon). Torchlight might be interesting and the Castlevania Lord of Shadows..... Yeah :/

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

I thought Gears was quite good and fun. It may not be that groundbreaking or radically different - some may say they played it quite safe but that also wasn't a bad thing to me. The campaign does have some different moments - thanks to the weather system at various points. I would recommend those that haven't played it to a least give it go. I can't say I am a big fan of the competitive MP but the co-op Horde modes are quite good fun - more so with friends of course. Being free, I do think its worth trying. I know track racing games can get a bit repetitive, just driving round circuits that tend to get quite samey but there is some fun to be had buy speccing out your car, creating or using some other peoples skins and it does have a decent campaign too. Forza is the award winning racing game basically every year and again, for free, its a great racing game that can be more arcade than Sim if you want or more Sim too depending on the settings and aides you use (or don't).

Anyway, another Summer event is coming up...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

some of them look OK honestly

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

Dang I forgot to lock in Symphony of the Night, I actually thought it was the free game from the 15 to the 31. So when I went to get it I was greeted with that stupid game Meet the Robinson's. I hate how MS splits the games like that instead of just giving us all the games through out the month like Sony does.

Now I am going to have to contact MS and see if I can get a free voucher for it or something.

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Yeah I've never understood why GWG works like that either.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Its been that way since they started - a new game every half a month. I guess its so that gamers get something new every couple of weeks giving you a couple of weeks on one game before the next drops. With the XB1 games, they stay up for a month but you still get something new every couple of weeks.

Whilst the 360 games aren't up as long, I actually prefer the way the Xbox does it because you are getting something to look forward to every couple of weeks instead of getting everything at once. It's also better when you have games that you can beat in a weekend or less - instead of having to wait a whole month with nothing new to play, you get something halfway through...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

MaccaMUFC

Not a bad month for GwG if you don’t already own either Xbox One games but since I do I’d of preferred Forza Motorsport 7, I can’t believe it still hasn’t been put on GamePass. I’ll give Torchlight and Castlevania LoS a go.

MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

So the Minecraft Super Duper Graphics pack I mentioned a few posts ago, well it’s been cancelled because apparently the graphics upgrade proved too technically demanding and didn't perform well across several systems. Looks like it was way too ambitious for current gen consoles but who knows it could still release on next gen consoles, hopefully.

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC i still find it odd that with how simple a game Minecraft is that it runs like crap on all systems

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy Today I thought I’d give RDR2 another go since I haven’t even made it pass chapter 3 yet. I saw the new HDR settings that was patched in back in May so wondered since we have the same TV if you’ve tweaked with the settings or know of someone with the same tv and what settings they used? I’m constantly trying to figure what’s best but no matter what it always still looks washed out. Here are a couple of images I saw someone posted showing after the HDR patch, these screenshots show what the game is supposed to look like but currently all I’m seeing on mine is washed out colours and what looks like blurry fog constantly on the screen wether it’s day or night in-game.

Untitled

Untitled

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

so i turn my XBOX ONE on today and it had a 3gb update that doesn't seem to have done anything

anyone have any idea what it did?

BAMozzy

September's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Hitman: The Complete First Season and We Were Here. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), September kicks off with Earth Defense Force 2025, followed by Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Can't say its a good month - not for me anyway. I will add Hitman, just because I can but won't bother with the rest...

Tasuki

@BAMozzy So we are repeating games now MS? I know for a fact Tekken Tag 2 was already free with gold cause that's how I got it.

Honestly I wouldn't at all be surprised if they do away with Games with Gold next gen.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki According to this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games Tekken Tah 2 hasn't been offered as a free game - there have been a few fighters but not this one - at least not that I can see. To be honest, I hate fighting games so couldn't honestly say whether or not it has been.

360 games are likely to end - they only have 400-500 or so on BC so unless they do add more, or double up on some of the earlier offerings, they can't keep offering 24 a year without running out.

Tasuki

@BAMozzy That list is wrong I can guarantee that. The only time I bought Tekken Tag 2 was on the Wii U because it included all the DLC. When MS offered Tekken Tag 2 with GWG they included the Snoop Dogg stage so I locked it in. Because I owned it on Wii U, I wouldn't have bought it on the 360.

My Backlog

redd214

@Tasuki appears you're right. Seemed MS gave it way free during E3 2016 when 7 was announced.

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy pretty sure they said at E3 that was it for the Backwards Compatibility Program

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbo...

of course they should have just added a 360 emulator the the console itself then ALL the 360 games would have been playable and we know the XB1 could run one because each BC game has one built in

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I am perfectly aware of the fact that MS said that they were not adding anymore titles to BC - which means that they have a very limited amount of games that can be offered 'free' with Games with Gold IF they are to remain playable on XB1. Either they end up having to add more, stop giving 360 games or having to offer games that have already been offered before if they are to remain playable on XB1 too.

There is more than I thought at 575 games (out of 2103) 360 titles that are BC with XB1 as well as 41 (out of 1047) games from the OG Xbox that could be offered on XB1 GwG so you would think that they have 25yrs of games to offer free (616 titles and 24 per year would give over 25yrs) of titles - although quite a few were offered before the Xbox One released and before BC was a thing. They should have enough for the foreseeable future to offer games without repetition but eventually, there has to come a time when they either stop, add more or double up on titles because there is a 'finite' number of titles they can offer. That's also assuming every one of the BC games give Xbox permission to offer free.

That was the point I was making to Tasuki who categorically claims that Tekken Tag 2 is a repeated offering despite the fact that the lists of Games with Gold titles offered have no record of this ever being offered at all. That is understandable because it was never part of Games with Gold but a Bonus for Xbox Gold members during E3 2016 which is something different. This is still the first time its been offered as a Games with Gold but not the first time its been offered to Gold members (a bit Austin Powers... LOL) so I can understand the confusion.

Tasuki

@redd214 Ok I knew I got it for free from them. Still I suppose it doesn't technically count as it wasn't given out during GwG, still pretty bad to give out a game for free that they already did at some point.

I am somewhat surprised that MS hasn't done away with 360 games included with GwG like Sony did with PS3 and Vita.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic