Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,436

MaccaMUFC

@FullbringIchigo When the same thing was happening with Fallout 76 I just uninstalled and never went back since, maybe an update will have fixed the issue now but it seems the game still has a long way to go before I even attempt to give it another go.

Not sure if you already know but Halo Reach is being remastered and coming to the MCC sometime this year. Reach and ODST are the only games in the collection which doesn’t feature Master Chief but are still great additions nether the less.

As for Halo 3 not being remastered, the MCC did receive a patch in August last year which made all the titles X enhanced with 4K HDR, Halo 3 still wont look as good as CE and 2 but with it’s 10 year anniversary already gone a couple of years ago in 2017 I doubt we will see it being remastered via a patch at all now but here’s hoping I’m wrong.

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC well Reach is already playable on XB1 via the backwards compatibility program so i probably wont get that (because it will be paid DLC like ODST was) as i can already play it but i have ODST

as for BF2, i traded that in at CeX, not worth taking the risk

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

MaccaMUFC

@FullbringIchigo I’m pretty sure I’ve read that the remastered version of Reach is going to be patched in with the MCC for free for those who purchased the MCC at a certain date, it could of just been a rumour but either way I’ll still play through Reach again when it’s remastered, paid or free, despite already owning it via BC.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

so the XBOX ONE is getting ANOTHER dash update

Untitled

so what do you think, i think it looks better then the current one

Original Article: Eurogamer: XB1 gets a new dash

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

AdamNovice

Looks like they got a bit of tracing paper and it over the PS4 UI.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Its not too much of a change - just removed the need to have to scroll through all the different tabs and can now go straight to the section. Its coinciding with the removal of Cortana support too - I believe - so its easier/quicker for those who only use a controller.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy yeah although Cortana isn't fully gone it's just now you need to use an app on your phone for it, the only thing that's gone is the ability to use it via a headset

still the current one is a bit "clunky" and the new one looks like a huge improvement

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I heard Cortana was removed from Headset/Kinect users but you can use Alexa (Amazon Echo) still. Didn't know about the Phone app but I must be one of the very few that doesn't have a mobile phone to even consider using to control the Xbox with an App.

This update did appear to be a lot quicker...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy You don't own a mobile phone?

The only time I use my phone with my ps4 is to scan codes in or pre load a game I've bought from the app (which takes you to the store). And messaging people as I hate using the controller for that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder Nope - I haven't owned a mobile for over 7yrs now.

I can do any of the PS+/Gold adding games, force downloads, redeeming codes etc from their websites on my Laptop.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i only have a phone because i need one for work, if i didn't need one i wouldn't have one either

FullbringIchigo

actually i forgot to ask, anyone have any idea when this update goes live?

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Think it's only available for some Xbox insiders at the mo.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah but the public release shouldn't be too far off should it?

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I wouldn't imagine, no but I've not seen anything about when that will happen.

Kidfried

I wouldn't even know how to do a lot of stuff without my phone:

• Check my train times
  • Need a mobile for online banking
  • Not get lost anywhere I go
  • Read Push Square on the commute

That's pretty much 90% of my day.

Kidfried

MaccaMUFC

What’s happened to the Minecraft Super Duper pack? It was originally meant to be released back in 2017, we are now well into 2019 and there’s still been no word about it. It just seems strange that an add-on for a game as big as Minecraft not getting reported since the pack looks like a pretty big deal changing the whole look of the game with 4K graphics, HDR, volumetric lighting, enhanced water effects, dynamic shadows, 3D models, the list goes on.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

August's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Gears of War 4 and Forza Motorsport 6. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), August kicks off with Torchlight, followed by Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

All I can say is what a month!! Unfortunately I own GoW4 and Forza 6 but they are still great games...

AdamNovice

So MS dipping into their few exclusives to make up for GwG shortcomings then. Won't able to do that every month.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy not interested in Gears or Torchlight and i already own Castlevanina BUT i didn't get round to buying Forza 6 although i always meant to so yeah just one for me this month

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic