Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

so i booted up my XB1 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (XBOX BC Game) had an update and i can't for the life of me find out what it was for

does anyone know?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

It seems that MS are releasing the Final (yes final) 360 band original Xbox games to Bsackwards Compatibility. If your 'favourite' game(s) are not yet amongst the 100's of games added, or in the final list, then they will NOT be coming to BC.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbo...

There is 8 OG Xbox games inc 4 Splinter Cell games and all are enhanced by upto 4x resolution for Base consoles and upto 16x for Xbox One X owners. That means a '540p' game becomes a 1080p on base and 4k on X. That means every Splinter Cell game is now BC on Xbox

Additionally, they are releasing Original Xbox downloadable content packs free of charge today to current and future owners for 8 games inc Battlefront 1,2 and 3 Splinter Cell games - check the link for exact details.

8 games - all from Rare Replay are now Enhanced on X to offer 9x the original pixel count up to 4K UltraHD with improved texture filtering and colour detail. These include the 3 Banjo games, Kameo, both Perfect Dark games and both Viva Pinata games too. Even if you own these outside of Rare Replay, they will still be enhanced on X.

They are also bringing the final 15 XB360 games to BC - games that include Asura Wrath, BF2: Modern Combat, Enslaved, Far Cry Classic & Instincts Predator, Skate, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands & Unreal Tournament 3. One of the new games added, Too Human, is FREE to everyone to download - as a final thank you.

From Xbox Wire:
We’ve listened closely to community feedback and respect the game libraries you’ve built throughout the last 18 years. That’s why we’re taking our work a step further and announced this week that thousands of games from all four generations will be playable on Project Scarlett. As such, we have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware. After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy thanks for that, it actually answered my question as to what that KotOR update was

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Splat

So, I downloaded Vampyr on Game Pass and I'm liking it but it runs very poorly. My PC isn't a beast but can run most games from medium to high settings. I have to play Vampyr on low settings and still the cut scenes are choppy and the gameplay isn't much better.

Has anyone played it on console? I'm debating getting it on PS4 but if it isn't going to run any better I'll pass.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat I played it on an OG Xbox One via Gamepass and it ran good for me. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but if it is on sale I'd say it's worth it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ryall

@WanderingBullet
😆 The correct choice is obviously to get the lower one and then not play fallout 76.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

WanderingBullet

@Ryall Yeah, I don't understand why the non-bundled one is more expensive.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet 😂 It's not even a small difference!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet probably because no one is buying it as it has Fallout 76 in it and no one want's that

they gotta shift the stock somehow

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo I don't think it's that bad even if they sold it for $499. It's the same price but with a free game. Consumers can then do whatever they want with the game. $100 off is crazy. lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

@Splat I played it on an OG Xbox One via Gamepass and it ran good for me. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but if it is on sale I'd say it's worth it.

Yeah, if I see it on a PSN Flash sale I'm going to get it. I had to give up on it on PC. It runs poorly enough that it was ruining the experience.

Tasuki

@Splat That's understandable. I remember reading somewhere that it ran poorly on PC but consoles it ran good. Myabe you will get lucky and it will be a PS+ Game one month

My Backlog

Splat

After playing Battle Chasers for a few hours on Pass I bought it for PS4. I just prefer playing on the big screen over my laptop.

Tasuki

@Splat Are the games different in Europe or something?? I look for Battle Chasers on the Game Pass on my Xbox One and didn't see it at all. I would like to try it out as well

My Backlog

Splat

@Tasuki I'm in the US but playing on PC. I think the games available are a bit different.

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Availability and licencing could be some major reasons why. MS may not have the same permissions to bring certain games to PC and, like Xbox, games can come and go so its possible that some games may of come and 'gone' on Xbox already and now on PC. The two, whilst MS has control over their games, would still have to rely on publishers agreeing on titles for each format. Obviously, a PC only game won't appear on Xbox's list of Game Pass titles. Maybe things will become more aligned in the future...

Publishers may not want a game that's selling 'well' on PC to be in Game Pass but on console, it could see some new sales as those without Game Pass may buy to play with friends that have it free on Game Pass. There could be other reasons too but I don't think its 'odd' myself...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

So looks like there will be only one Xbox console at launch next gen with the less powerful Lockheart being scrapped. Apparently developers were finding it difficult to work with two different consoles. Makes sense as it could have proven a bit of nightmare for consumers too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic