Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 didn't they say the team up was for game streaming services, i can't remember

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

redd214

Yes they did recently but it is still unclear the precise nature of the cooperation as far as I know outside of the ambiguous "game streaming" line.

redd214

BAMozzy

xCloud, to me, seems to be the 'virtual' Xbox that will allow you to play Xbox games anywhere. Its the streaming based 'Xbox' as far as I am aware - you sign into your Xbox and play your Xbox games that are running in 'xCloud' so you don't need a fixed/portable console, something with enough processing power to play your Xbox games where you want.

As far as I am aware, the deal between Sony and MS was more about utilising the Cloud (Azure) for gaming. I am not sure (as I haven't really researched this yet to find out more) if xCloud is more of a 'service', a name given to just the Xbox based cloud gaming service or whether that encompasses more. All the info and video's I have seen and read - inc MS's own trailer seems to be focussed on Xbox - from the very first images of 4 XB1s being stripped down to the motherboard, being placed in new housing and then seeing lots of these in racks of servers then cutting to an Xbox controller with a mobile phone 'holder' connected to it and the person playing Forza using that phone as the screen. That to me seems like xCloud is the name for the Xbox cloud streaming 'service' but whether Sony will be able to utilise these, whether they have their own 'named' service for streaming PS games to other devices or its more for using Azure for online multi-platform cross-play, I really don't know.

Microsoft lead the way right now with Cloud computing and it makes sense that Sony turn to MS for 'assistance'. What we don't know is whether that is beneficial primarily for Sony, for the benefit of multi-platform cross-play or more. It could mean, for example, that Sony gamers can play Xbox games streamed to their Console via xCloud by signing into your MS profile - much like you sign into your Netflix or Amazon account - maybe have to have Game Pass though. Maybe Sony can add their 'equivalent' - a PSNow (or a 'new' thing like PS Game Pass) that people on Xbox can subscribe to and play PS games streamed to their Console. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the deal between MS and Sony is to allow each others 'app' on each others device(s) and with a 'subscription' based access just like Netflix but for Xbox/PS on each others - as well as cross-play for those multi-platform releases like the new CoD rather than just the odd indy....

Time will tell and maybe I will try and investigate deeper but in truth, I haven't done any research yet. Therefore everything I have said so far is my own speculation based on what little I have seen. Its not as if Sony don't have games owned by Microsoft - games like Minecraft for example and the fact that MS are looking at bringing Game Pass as well as Streaming Xbox to multiple devices, I maybe adding 2+2 and getting 6 but it seems logical that MS could have an App on PS5 and Sony could well do the same on Xbox - both offering a Subscription services (like Game Pass) to play their Sony/MS games on Xbox/PS.

It may mean that Sony exclusives can be played in the cloud (rather than 'locally') on the nextbox if you own something like Game Pass

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy No, gaming will still be the same Sony had to reassure the PlayStation division that this does not effect games coming out for PS5 as they knew nothing about it. They are just sharing knowledge and tech from each other for things like streaming. So services like PS Now will potentially be more stable in the future.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Splat

I just signed up for Game Pass on PC. It's only $1 for the first month so why not?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

themcnoisy

@RedFinch I'm unsure if anyone answered you but the short answer is no.

There was an xbox sister site to Pushsquare and Nintendo life which died a few years back.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

I'm really intrigued by the game pass option from MS.

I have fleetingly played a few games on my sons xbox (rare replay, sunset overdrive, forza) but he is a casual gamer, with fifa, fortnite and a touch of rocket league. So I have missed virtually all of this generations games exclusive to xbox.

Yes it has been beaten black and blue by the PS4 but it has a number of decent games I would like to visit. With backwards compatability Ninja Gaiden, Lost Odyssey and KOTOR have all been winking at me.

I'm really unsure what to do next gen now. For a short term fixture the next xbox could quite easily pay for itself if I grab one, said old games and game pass. Streaming is just not for me gaming wise - I have great internet but usually 12 or more devices in our house are connected so game pass is a much better option.

I would be 100% behind Sony. But with the demeaned value of psplus, the lack of E3 coverage (which I have always enjoyed), no obvious challenge to the ms back compatibility program other than a few lackluster ps2 games and the negligible support for independent studious going into next gen - that decision is by no means made. Unthinkable a couple of years back.

Probably the only reason I would stay for the PS5 other than the first party content is to stay engaged with the content and community from Pushsquare. In fact that is the main reason.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I assume when PS5 launches we will be getting PS5 games too? Didn't PS4 get stuff like Resogun pretty early on PS+?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

redd214

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah Resogun was there on Plus on launch day and in my opinion was actually the best launch game lol

redd214

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy There is an option to buy a cheap or used Xbox - maybe even the X if you want the 'best' experience available - and just pay a subscription to Game Pass and Gold (probably about £12 a month) which would give you the ability to download any/ALL games on Game Pass, many on Day 1 too. Buying an X would give you some BC games at '4k', many that actually play much better than they ever did as the extra power means they run at the cap limit (not always the case with the base console and you don't get any enhanced resolution boost, 12x Anisotropic filtering (so textures etc aren't blurry off angle), much better loading times etc) - and of course any 'new' titles you want to play are not blurry messes (especially on a 4k screen) with frame rate issues that the base console is with a lot of games.

That is just Game Pass and you could go without adding Gold if you don't want to play any games online - inc Game Pass titles. If you wanted to play Sea of Thieves for example, you can download it to your Xbox from Game Pass but would need Gold to play it - obviously Gold will let you add the BC titles with Games with Gold (yours regardless of whether you keep Gold or not) as well as the 2 XB1 games. With xCloud coming, it seems that any Xbox game you have and entitled to play can be streamed to any 'compatible' device (like Stadia in essence) so you can carry on playing Ninja Gaiden or Forza Horizon from your save point, carry on earning XP, achievements etc regardless of where you are - if you have the means to connect your Tablet, Mobile etc on the go.

I don't know your personal circumstances, whether owning an Xbox (regardless of generation) and paying a monthly subscription that gives you access to hundreds of games, many from launch is a feasible option for you. Whether just a Subscription for playing those games, never needing to buy 'games' for the Xbox and, if you have an X, can also offer 4k gaming as well as a 4k Bluray, Atmos audio quality is of interest. I don't know if you can and/or will go on to buy a PS5 and can run an Xbox next to it with just a Subscription for ALL your Xbox games and still have the means to buy PS5 games as well but that's still an option. If you can afford the initial outlay for an Xbox and pay a monthly subscription, you never need to buy an Xbox version of a Game again if you don't want to. Go for Gold as well, and you then have 48 games gifted a year (some may be on Game Pass, some not) with 24 of those being yours regardless of whether you renew at the end of the 'year' too so you won't ever be stuck for 'something' to play.

Obviously I will own the next box and next PS too and as I don't intend to play on the go (my health means that I never play on the go anyway), xCloud streaming my Xbox library is not important to me. Maybe if I am in bed, I could stream my games to a laptop and use that as the screen rather than play in the front room on the big TV but that's not overly important. What is more important is that regardless of who is making exclusives for either console, especially now MS has a suite of studios to rival Sony's (in number at least - still have to see if any can make games that 'compete' from a critic's perspective), I have the opportunity to play. MS showed 60 games at E3 and ALL 60 I can play (if I want) and can say the same for any games that Sony has to offer. If I was 'just' on Sony's Platform, over 25% of MS's show, I would not have the opportunity to play. I say opportunity, maybe choice would be better as I have over 25% more games I can 'choose' to play or not.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tasuki

@themcnoisy I have an Xbox One and most of my library is the Game Pass. (That and GwG over the years). I only bought a handful of games Rare Replay, Handsome Collection, Divinity Original Sin and Battlefield V. For $10 a month I feel it's a good deal the way I look at it that's $120 a year the same price I would pay for 2 games. Yes I know some will argue that I don't "own" the games but it doesn't bother me. You download them from the MS store is it's just like a digital purchase. Its also nice cause it let's me try a game I wasn't sure about and honestly didn't want to spend the money on just to be disappointed. I wasn't sure if I would like Elder Scrolls Online but it's on the game pass so I downloaded it and tried it out and did enjoy it, but if I didn't I wasn't out $60.

I honestly wish PS4 had a Game Pass like system, yes I know there's PSNow but that's streaming where as Game Pass is the full game download. Even if there was say a problem with my internet once the game is installed on the Xbox I can still play single player games or what not.

Game Pass is a no brainier if you have an Xbox (or even a PC) at least that's my opinion.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

There are a few games on Pass that I have had a lukewarm interest in like Vampry,The Surge and Battle Chasers. I might try them on Pass and if I like them buy on PS4. I'm going to give Gears of War a shot for sure tho. The main reason I signed up was to play games I can't on PS.

I wouldn't say the line up of games is outstanding or anything but for the low price can't really complain.

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki You can download games from PS Now....

Splat

I'm looking for Game Pass recommendations preferably games that aren't on PS4. I wanted Cuphead but didn't see it on there.

So far I have downloaded Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons,Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Hollow Knight and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition.

Here is a list of games available as of now.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-list

Edited on by Splat

Splat

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition isn't really doing much for me. I don't hate it but it feels very last gen. Ori, on the other hand, is pretty good and very beautiful.

I'm downloading Sunset Overdrive as we speak.

BAMozzy

@Splat Well Gears of War was Last Gen - and quite early last gen as well. Visually its decent but the Game-play is certainly last gen. Its quite good fun with a co-op partner too and there is a lot of satisfaction of getting the perfect load and the damage boost...

Ori is beautiful and Sunset Overdrive is quite good fun. Took me a while to get into it and like most games of this type, getting some different weapons helps the 'fun' too which again takes time to reach the right level etc to get those weapons...

Splat

@LaJettatura Games have been downloading really slow for me but that might be because it's in beta? Other than that I have been pretty impressed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic