Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,139

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i don't think it's still in warranty, i'll have to try and find out when i brought it

Closed for business

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Good Luck - might be worth contacting MS even if it isn't under warranty as that is ridiculous for that to fail so soon....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo I can totally agree with you there. After having g so many Slim PS2s fail on me I refuse to buy another slim model on any PlayStation. Its why I still have my OG PS4 that and I don't like the look of the PS4 Slim.

As for Xboxes go I have been lucky with them I never had a 360 RRoD on me although I bought my first 360 in 2008 so maybe by then those were a better batch. I then bought the Kinect Star Wars Xbox 360 and still.have it to this day. My Xbox One I bought from a friend a few months ago when he upgraded to the X and it's still works fine so maybe I am lucky.

As for Nintendo well the only problem I have had with them is the GameCube. It seems that every GameCube I have owned the laser stops reading discs after awhile which is why now I use an OG Wii to play GC games. Every other Nintendo system I owned has never failed me. Heck while cleaning out my mom's house I recently found my original NES the I my parents bought me on launch day and it still runs!!!

However the champ of console longevity has to be Sega. I still have my first Genesis, Sega CD and they still work great to this day. I have bought several Dreamcasts over the years and they too work great to this day. I know some people have said the 32X is junk bought I don't own one so I can't say personally.

Anyway I would try contacting MS as maybe there is something they can do but I don't blame you if you never want another MS product again.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i still have my original N.E.S from 1988 too and it still works like a charm and all my SEGA systems still work too i forgot to add those to my list although i never owned a Game Gear but i heard they were pretty lousy when it came to lifespan

Closed for business

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I can't say anything about portables as I only owned Nintendo ones. Didn't own a Game Gear, Nomad, PSP or Vita. The only Nintendo handheld I have had to rebuy was a Gameboy Advance and that was because mine was stolen and it was before I found it at a local GameStop and before I had to fight them for it. Heck still have my original brick Gameboy.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i wasn't counting handhelds in my list either but i had to buy a second Game Boy Advance SP once because i left my original one in the window when i went to work, on a hot day in the middle of summer

it cooked the screen

yes i know i am an idiot

Closed for business

Jaz007

I’ve had two consoles fail on me. A PS3 after years of usage. My PS3 Slim is still gone though. The second console was a vita, one of the sticks was always pushing right regardless of where it was. I probably dropped it or something though. The next closet thing is the fact that my 3DS battery life is awful now.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

KratosMD

So as some of you may know, I absolutely love discovering overlooked games on consoles and I just recently recalled that Xbox 360 had a lot of amazing JRPGs come out in the beginning of its life cycle. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia among others. I've heard that Lost Odyssey is basically what a Final Fantasy game should've been during the HD era, and Blue Dragon looks like a splendid Dragon Quest game. Eternal Sonata seems like a fun anime-styled game as well. I was wondering then, are any of the first five games worth picking up today for the 360? I know that Vesperia is out on current gen systems so I won't bother with the 360 version. But I'm really interested in the other five.

Edited on by KratosMD

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

Cassetticons

@KratosMD From that list and owning all of them I can say that Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery are all worth your time and still fun to play (Currently replaying Blue Dragon myself!)

With the remastered version of Last Remnant out and fixing all the awful framerate issues I think I'd give that a skip on the Xbox unless you can find it super cheap. Eternal Sonata is more of a weird one, while I think it's a fun game, the PS3 version fixes SO MANY ISSUES like plot holes, bad boss fights, and bad cutscenes (Seriously the last five hours or so are very different depending on what system you're on) while also adding new fights, characters, and moves that if the option of getting the PS3 version is there, you should take it.

It's not awful, but if the definitive version on PS3 is simply the best experience, IMO.

Cassetticons

KratosMD

@Cassetticons Very useful information, cheers mate. I think I'll skip The Last Remnant and wait for a sale on the PS4 version then. It's also the least interesting game in my opinion out of the ones I've mentioned, so I don't mind getting it later.

Very interesting comments regarding Eternal Sonata, I had no idea that the PS3 version was so different from the 360 one. Now that you mention it, I just found an online retailer that sells a new copy of the PS3 version for only €18, so I might have to get that version then if it's actually better than the 360 one. I appreciate you telling me that! Otherwise I would've made a grave error buying the 360 game lol.

But yeah, I've heard that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon seem like the best games out of those ones, and Infinite Undiscovery looks pretty fun with its real-time combat as well. I've also heard numerous individuals proclaim that Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG of the last generation, which is high praise indeed. I might have to start out with that one first and then get Blue Dragon or Infinite Undiscovery.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Really useful stuff.

Edited on by KratosMD

Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

KratosMD

I decided to watch the opening of Lost Odyssey and my goodness, this game looks absolutely incredible. I've never seen anything quite like it, even though the turn-based mechanics are still heavily reminiscent of a classic Final Fantasy game.

I might just have to buy it and play it ASAP. It looks phenomenal, I can't believe a game like this has been so easily forgotten.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD What game was it again?.... lol

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder Hmm can't recall for some reason! lol

BAMozzy

February's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Super Bomberman R. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), February kicks off with Assassin's Creed Rogue, followed by Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Not too bad a line-up - could be worse, could be better too I know...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

crippyd

That looks like a decent month. I think I've got the Assassin's Creed title but I don't have any of the others.

crippyd

FullbringIchigo

GOOD news i fixed my XBOX ONE, it had a lose connection so i fixed it (on a side note IF it was still in warranty it certainly isn't now )

so my XB1 is up and running again, just in time too as Jump Force is out on Friday and i had the XB1 version pre-ordered

@BAMozzy Jedi Academy was awesome but i'm pretty sure i still have the OGXB version somewhere and i have Rouge HD on PS4, same as Curse of the Moon and i never was interested in Bomberman

still some good games there this month

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Closed for business

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Good to hear you got your Xbox sorted.

I can't remember which games I have on the OG Xbox any more. They are all in a box in storage and have been for the last 10yrs or so. Its still good to get OG Xbox games via GwG and playable on XB1.

I didn't buy AC: Rogue so will add that but the two XB1 games aren't really of interest to me but if I had to pick one, Bloodstained would be my pick. I doubt I will bother playing it though and would prefer Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (the 3D Castlevania) than this.

Edited on by BAMozzy

JohnnyShoulder

Oh dear, it's not looking good for Crackdown 3. Even the Xbox staff over at ign were not impressed by it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic