Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,436

Kidfried

I think no one who is excited about the Modern Warfare is actually excited for the multiplayer, but the campaign instead. That was great in 2007, still remains that way and also has been adequately remastered. What's not to like?

Also, while this game was included with one of the Call of Duties, most people didn't buy that game and it's still 40 euro everywhere.

Comparing a game's price to the price "it once had" doesn't really make sense. Who cares what that game's price was in 2016? For those who don't have the game yet, it's important what the price is now. And the price of MWR now is twice that of GW2.

Garden Warfare 2 by comparison has:

• servers that are way more dead
  • is cheaper, only 20 euro
  • has no excellent singleplayer campaign
  • is full of EA greed (which is worse than Activision greed even)

And The Witness is one of the best games of this generation. That game alone beats the complete offering of Microsoft.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Yep I'll download MWR for the outstanding single player campaign. Couldn't give a toss about the multi player.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@BAMozzy COD is cheap? It’s $40 new and $35 used. It’s not cheap at all.
I’ve wanted to play the campaign in the remaster but not enough to pay $35 so it’s good deal for me. I still have big issues with only 2 games though. That’s just robbery.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 He could be referring to that MWR was on sale on the PS store recently in Europe.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki @Kidfried yeah i want to replay the campaign, don't give a rat arse about the multiplayer

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Jaz007 I am talking about just the CoD4:MWr game - not the Infinite Warfare game with/without the MWr. On Amazon UK you can buy the Legacy edition (bundle of both) for ~£10 and just the MWr for around £17 so I would recommend buying the Legacy edition unless you just want MWr and the ability to 'trade' it afterwards.

I know there was a LOT of controversy of the Price of MWr stand alone version as well as the 'Variety pack' DLC. I know many expected the DLC included at the price of the Remaster which, as I said above, was controversial and angered the community. It was 'double' the price that those who bought the 'Legacy' (both IW and MWr) paid for MWr.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

crippyd

It seems Master Chief Collection is going to be available on Steam shortly. Any ideas what this means for MS's direction? Are they moving away from consoles as SEGA did and becoming purely software providers?

I wonder if the next lot of consoles will be their last?

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I don't know to be honest. I just think that MS probably won't put so much emphasis on the actual 'Hardware'. I almost expect them to make a 'console' (or at least a 3rd Party Xbox branded console) much like they do for their PC's - the Surface range.

I can see them continuing with the console 'format' but Xbox will be a much bigger more encompassing brand. Its going to be more like 'windows' in essence - where you can get Xbox on multiple different hardware - from Console to PC to tablets/mobiles etc. Your 'Xbox' profile can be used to log into ANY device and have access to ALL your 'digital' library to play anywhere on any compatible devices. Xbox won't be locked to a single plastic box of electronics that sits under your TV but 'virtually' anywhere.

Whether that means they continue to make the console hardware - like they continue to make Surface PC products, I don't know - although they could also enable 3rd Party manufacturers - like Acer or HP - to make a 'console' type, Xbox branded box of electronics that sit under your TV and allow you to play all your Xbox branded software on. All games, PC & Xbox could become available as they all run on 'Windows' based systems.

Some may see it as them pulling out of the 'console' race but others may see it as they are transcending beyond 'just' the console space - making Xbox available on many more devices, enabling Xbox gamers to game 'anywhere'...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

crippyd

@BAMozzy Interesting thoughts. It'll be good to see what happens in the near future with them and the Xbox brand.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Listening to MS and the fact that 'Xbox' now applies to their entire gaming branch, they even changed the name of their collection of Studios from Microsoft Studios to Xbox Game Studio's. Xbox now isn't 'just' the console, its the entire gaming branch of Microsoft - inc ALL their studios.

They have been working to merge the MS PC gamers and Console gamers into one big user base - initially that was Microsoft Gamers - but the world were still seeing these as 'different' despite the fact that they were both Windows 10 based community and shared the same type of 'Microsoft' account. PC gamers, whether they accepted it or not, were playing in a 'virtual' Xbox - just had a range of specs so still kept that side of the PC space but it was essentially a 'virtual' Xbox which looks like it will be more 'clearer' moving forward. Microsoft are not looking at 'fixed' base platforms but that Xbox can exist on any platform or 'none' - otherwise known as the cloud.

Xbox therefore could be as 'big' as Windows 10, as big as any app etc in terms of User base. Its not just locked to how many Xbox branded plastic boxes they sell, but as big as the number of Microsoft powered devices there are, as big as how many Apps (or however they decide to allow mobile devices to run your Xbox) - its as big as how many users have an 'Xbox' (Microsoft) Account. It seems that if you have an Xbox/MS account on a Switch, you could play your Xbox on the go - maybe even if you have an iPad or iPhone too...

Like I said, I can still see MS (maybe even let HP or Acer as well) to make a 'console' type box for people to play their Xbox games. Its no longer about that 'box' anymore but about how many Xbox accounts they have. That means if they do bring out 'new' hardware, they are NOT starting again, not having to build up a 'new' user base like they used to do with each new generation. They have a MASSIVE user base on a wide range of devices.

BAMozzy

April's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: The Technomancer and Outcast: Second Contact. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), April kicks off with Star Wars Battlefront II, followed by Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.

All I can say is that this is quite an impressive line up this month. Technomancer looked interesting but not polished enough to warrant a purchase at launch - but for free I will certainly be adding it. Don't know enough about Outcast myself but looked reasonable in this trailer so adding that too. Certainly adding both the older gen games - the OG Xbox version of Star Wars Battlefront 2 - and still playable online too - and Tom Clancys Advanced Warfighter 2 - both totally Free with no conditions (other than having an active Gold subscription to be able to add them but after that...)

Personally I think its a Great Month - could have been better but also a LOT worse - its 4 games that I don't have on XB1 - at least not without digging through storage to find the older generation games to download onto my XB1...

roe

So hot on the heels of PlayStation's "announcement", Xbox have finally released details of their "All Digital" Xbox One S.

I'm not totally against the idea of a disc-less console, but this is pretty bizarre timing. It's pretty much the same size as the Xbox One S, and it's even more or less the same price. In fact on Amazon, you can currently buy a standard One S for cheaper than the pre-order of this piece of garbage. Weird.

Edited on by roe

roe

JohnnyShoulder

Oh dear MS, you have dropped a clanger again. The most pointless thing ever, especially if there a will be announcing a next gen machine at E3.

redd214

I'm the type of person that would be in the market for a discless system but the price their charging for it seems nonsensical. I honestly was expecting them to get super aggressive with the initial price and just make up for it with subs like gamepass. Releasing it at basically the same price you can get an S for now seems short sighted.

redd214

BAMozzy

I saw this on their Live stream and as soon as this was announced, I switched off! I really do think this isn't a great idea. The one thing the S had as a 'saving' grace was the fact that it was also a 4k HDR bluray player and, when it launched, cheaper than dedicated Bluray players with the 'bonus' of playing games too.

With any luck, sales of this will be appalling and MS will opt to drop the idea in the future. At the very least, it will tell them that the 'majority' will still buy Disc based consoles and so will continue making Consoles with a DD even if they do decide to make a cheaper, discless version alongside it.

It 'almost' makes sense for a 2nd or for a child in the family to have their 'own' console. A single subscription to Game Pass (either with or without Gold) can give that child access to hundreds of games without having to buy games outright. They would get the 4 monthly games with Gold too so will build up a big library of games in no time with 'little' outlay.

With MS looking to make 'xbox' more than 'just' a console, their entire 'game' branch that is playable on multiple devices of which the console is just one of, a discless console could appeal to a mobile/tablet/PC owner, a device that plugs into a TV and allows them to access their 'Xbox' digital library. I do think we will need to stop thinking of 'xbox' as just the console moving forward as Xbox will be on multiple devices and not 'just' the console format.

For me, I will always want a disc based preferably console format device to play my Xbox games on. Others may well prefer to play Xbox on their PC or Tablet - maybe even on Phones if Windows 10 is installed on them. It doesn't matter what device you have, you just sign in to your windows 10 device and play 'xbox' on it.

FullbringIchigo

apparently XBL is getting a price increase in the UK

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-04-xbox-live-gold-...

also yes i am posting in SOME of the forums again but i'm still not going anywhere near the comments section, i'm still getting crap off people for old posts (whom i have now just took to blocking)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo I noticed this the other day. Seems to have not been much reported on. Going to keep my eyes peeled for a deal as mine is up in August.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego i think i'll be dropping gold now, with both PS+ and XBL now being £50 and having very little disposable income i can't really warrant getting both anymore and as most of the people i play online with are on PS4 it makes sense, at least for me

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Welcome back, glad you have decided to join us again!

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's just in the odd forums, at least for now

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic