Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,436

Gamer83

Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4 and Dead Rising 4 are all on my radar. Forza Horizon 2 is right up there with Burnout 3 as my favorite racing games of all-time, so I have high expectations for Horizon 3.

Gamer83

BAMozzy

The only games I may buy are Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 - although I am also tempted to wait until next year when Scorpio releases. I refuse to buy the XB1s and knowing that the Scorpio will probably play these in 4k HDR, (if not 4k they will still be a lot cheaper to buy) I can wait...

ReCore's reveal looked interesting but the game ended up being just another shooter/platformer. I really thought it was going to be an action/adventure game. Scalebound is the only other game I am interested in but that 4player co-op boss battle they showed at E3 really lowered my enthusiasm for the game. I bet it will also look amazing in 4k HDR but again that isn't confirmed for Scorpio (the 4k part) so may wait on that too...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@KratosMD: The XB1s supports 4k HDR in MEDIA only - NOT games! I already have an XB1 that plays games (almost) as well - maybe a little bit lower frame rates in a few games but generally the same level as a console I already own so see NO point in spending £250+ when I guarantee I will be replacing it in a year or so - I would MUCH rather spend the money on something that makes a difference to the games I am likely to play - The PS4k! Every game from Sept onwards will have a Neo mode - a MINIMUM of 1080p (Games like BF1, TF2 are 900p on PS4, 720p on XB1/XB1s). In the history of gaming, I cannot think of any software that doesn't benefit from having more power available - particularly those that are not running on an 'emulation' like the BC games do. I don't have or have any desire to subscribe to Netflix/Amazon etc and as my TV has those apps anyway, if I did, I could watch 4k HDR content via my Smart Hub. I can't remember the last time I bought a movie - probably back when DVD's were the primary form of media. I do have 3-4 Blurays (included free with some other purchase) so not bothered so much about having a 4k HDR Bluray player - a nice addition but not reason enough for me to upgrade. PS4k may well have a 4k HDR Bluray player anyway and I certainly don't need 2 but will actually make a difference in the games I will be buying. I can easily play all those games anyway on my XB1 - the reason I would consider waiting is to play those at a higher resolution. I am not interested in any of these from a MP perspective - Horde/Beast mode in co-op about the only thing of interest from an online perspective. I can't see myself bothering to replay these games just because they have a resolution boost - especially not if I have already got the achievements. I already have a lot of games that I want more than these few exclusives anyway and therefore I can't see myself having the time to play them with all the other releases out - not at launch anyway. I may weaken and buy Gears 4 before the Scorpio comes out but not bothered by the other games. I don't see the point in buying a game I only half interested in, not likely to play much with all the other releases I am more interested in, when I can wait for a lull and buy them cheaper.

ReCore maybe relatively rare in recent years in terms of genre but in the 90's, these were very common. The original reveal made it look like this would be an Action/Adventure game and a more interesting concept. The core being more relevant, maybe even using it to take over enemy robots by ripping out their core and replacing it with a friendly one. It alluded to much more than just another shooter/platformer. The game-play looks quite generic too but hey if you like that, that's fine, I prefer other genres and have no desire to buy this - even at the discounted price. Sunset Overdrive didn't really appeal either - its far too childish for my tastes but not in the 'nostalgic' way...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@KratosMD: No probs - I only see upgrades as an 'upgrade' if they actually add something significant to the gaming experience. The XB1s certainly doesn't do that. If I didn't own an XB1, I maybe tempted but then again I may still just wait for the Scorpio at this stage. The only time to buy a 'slim' is if something happens to your original console (like YLOD on my PS3 Phat) or you are late to the party. What's the point in spending £250-350 on something that delivers the same as what you have - at least what you use it for. If you don't take pictures, you wouldn't upgrade your mobile if the next one has a better camera only - at least I wouldn't! I would rather spend that money on Neo. Its going to be expensive with that and the games so some games will no doubt miss out - in this case its most likely to be the XB1 exclusives as I know they will be cheaper at a later date - may even perform better too on Scorpio - they have been built to 4k!

crippyd

ReCore looks interesting as does Gears 4 and I will probably get Horizon 3 at some point too. I won't be buying any of these at launch as I want to clear up my 360 backlog and completely move over to my One.

crippyd

crippyd

I've not played the two One games (is Earthlock new?) or Mirror's Edge but I already own Forza digitally. Get in another game I can play on my One! At this rate my 360 will be retired by the end of the year.

crippyd

crippyd

@KratosMD Thanks for the info. I'll certainly give it a go, can't complain for free.

crippyd

BAMozzy

Can't stand turn based games - so slow and therefore will not bother with 'Earthlock'. AC: China isn't anything I would want to play either - another 2.5D platformer - but as its free... May add the original Forza Horizon to my BC games to download too but won't bother Mirrors Edge...

Not a bad list but nothing that particularly excites me - particularly XB1 titles.

Tasuki

So I need to know is there a way to transfer stuff from an Xbox 360 that has no way of turning on to a new one?

Long story short my son's 360 that he has had since 2008 won't turn on anymore. There are games on there that I can't get anymore (both TMNT games, The Simpsons) I can get a new 360 fairly cheap but are my games lost???

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

crippyd

@Tasuki I think @KratosMD is correct with the explanation. I have done this with my original 360 when I upgraded to the Elite and it worked like a charm.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: You need a transfer cable to swap information over from one 360 to another. You could try and see if a new power pack works on the old Xbox to see if that's the cause of it not turning on. The original 360 was a bit fragile (although I never had problems with mine) and bought a transfer cable when I upgraded to a slim (with Kinect) to transfer everything over. Xbox.com will give you instruction on this.

johncalmc

Well, my great Xbox 360 adventure began by playing Gears of War.

It was okay.

Now I'm playing Dark Souls.

It's okay.

johncalmc

Twitter:

crippyd

@johncalmc What sort of games are you looking to play? Have you played any of the Batman Arkham games? I'm just running through Asylum on Hard to clear it up off my backlog and I'm really enjoying it even though it's been about 5 years since I played it last. If you want to play Dark Souls co op hit me up on Live (Crippy D is my GT) as it is a bit better when you play with others.

crippyd

johncalmc

@crippyd: I've basically played everything on Xbox 360 that was on PS3. But my PS3 died, and my girlfriend has a 360, so I'm now working through games I missed because either a) they were Xbox exclusives, or b) I just missed them.

I've got the three main Gears games but the first one was pretty disappointing. I'll still go back to the others after Dark Souls though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@KratosMD: I figured that would likely be the case. And I guess feeling underwhelmed by the first game will put me in good stead to enjoy the second two.

johncalmc

Twitter:

crippyd

@johncalmc Give Halo a try if you haven't already, it's a blast (in my opinion), I think it's much better than Gears too.

crippyd

Tasuki

@KratosMD: @crippyd: @BAMozzy: I guess I should have clarified which 360 I have. I have the Star Wars Slim edition 360. I used a transfer cable to transfer stuff from my old original 360 to the Star Wars one. But the consoles both were working. Can I do the that as well from one slim to another with one of them not working?

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

mrobinson91

If anyone here has Destiny (or not) then feel free to add me: mrobinson91

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

crippyd

@mrobinson91 I don't have Destiny but I have all 3 Dark Souls if you want to have a blast through them? I'm guessing you're a fan judging by your signature?

crippyd

mrobinson91

@crippyd: I would definitely take you up on that offer but I have DS on the Playstation! If I ever get DS1 on Xbox though I'd be up for a run through as never completed it

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic