Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 721 to 740 of 7,479

Haruki_NLI

Being in the UK we dont have this demo...or Switch demos period i think. Ah well.

Ill just wait for midnight launch

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

themcnoisy

In a moment of weakness I over spent on an old game for switch.

£30 for Rayman legends.

Fortunately its the best platform game ever made, so there is that.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Ralizah ok ok technically best platform game, although origins is a more cohesive experience.

Im looking to grab Bomberman too, is that a good shout or not?

Edited on by themcnoisy

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Oof, that's a lot of money for a 2013 game! I admit it's a great game though.

I must say: I always feel like gaming on Nintendo consoles is much more expensive. The quality games on the system seem to always never drop in price. Might differ from country to country of course.

Kidfried

Octane

@themcnoisy Bomberman is way too expensive IMO. We've had similar Bomberman games back in 2007-2009, Bomberman Live, Blast and Ultra and they were all ten bucks each and offered the same experience. No way I'm going to buy this for €50.

And the best platformer is still Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

If you're looking for a good game, get Golf Story. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's an RPG, but there's not too much talking, which I appreciate. The golfing itself is simple, but pretty addictive.

Octane

Ralizah

@themcnoisy Yep. Legends, like SMG2, feels like a level pack. A wildly inventive level pack, but a level pack nonetheless. Fun, but ultimately unsatisfying in how it lacks cohesion or any sense of narrative progression.

Didn't stop me from playing the heck out of Legends, though. In fact, I'd have the platinum right now if that stupid trophy that requires you to grind the online missions for months on end didn't exist.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Tasuki lol. Glad you're enjoying it. I decided to buy it too. And I'm really enjoying it so far.

Octane

Tasuki

@Simon_Fitzgerald From what I have played I am enjoying it alot. If you like Stardew then you'd probably enjoy Golf Story. It's an RPG with a Golfing background and honestly I don't like golf but I am really enjoying this game. The controls are simple so it's easy to pick up and play but it's hard to put down.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

roe

Hey guys, hoping to pick up a Switch this coming weekend and my only decision left to make is whether I go with the neon joy-cons or the classic grey?

I initially thought I'd go with the simple grey because I'm a little concerned the neon ones are too bright (not that it's a huge deal), but then I'm also thinking that in the interest of future proofing, it'll be easier to pick up a set of separate grey ones later on, also giving me the option to get the alternate neon ones so I could go all blue/all red if I choose to.

roe

PS_Nation

@roe I got my Switch on the last weekend and it came with the classic grey joy-cons. I didn't think much about the colors, tbh.

PS_Nation

PS_Nation

That's it, i can't control my hype anymore for Super Mario Odyssey, i'm really anxious to play it.

PS_Nation

themcnoisy

@Kidfried Im happy to pay big for good games. Is Legends worth £30?

Absolutely. In an age were the biggest and best things arent actually that big or best then a true gem will always shine. Theres nothing quite like the revamped Rayman. Fast, fluid, fun and challenging. I know it's £15 new on ps4 but I paid the premium to have the best platformer on the move and on breaks (just back from Cornwall).

@Octane @Tasuki Its my sons switch and RPGs aint his bag. Its why we dont have zelda yet!

Hes getting ARMS for xmas though, i couldnt care less about the metacritic score. As a local multiplayer game its up there with Bomberman, streets of rage 2, street fighter 4 and videoball. Any games like that and Im all ears.

Kidfried

@themcnoisy People like you keep this industry afloat! No way developers can live off the tenner I spend on gaming every month.

And you don't think Mario Odyssey is the platformer to buy this fall?

I hardly recognized you with your new pic!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

BAMozzy

Digital Foundry's analysis of Mario

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

I haven't been able to get to metacritic. Did everyone bumrush the site at once and overload the servers? I keep getting an Error 503 message.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic