Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 601 to 620 of 7,479

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Ha! That's like what, fifteen years ago? You missed out on Galaxy though.

I've avoided the game like the plague since its reveal, I don't want to get spoiled.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I know - to be honest, even though I owned a Wii, I never really used it that much and missed out on some really good games. I never owned a Wii U so the Switch has really rekindled my love of Nintendo.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego The 3D Mario's were always great, though. All of them are really excellent, so if Galaxy or 3D World ever get remastered or released for Switch... don't miss out!

@KratosMD I'm not worried about the open approach of the game really. Mario games always had secrets and stuff in them, but with the series Nintendo always managed to make it not bothersome obscure. I truly believe they'll find a way to make it manageable.

Myself I'm more worried about the Cap mechanic. It feels like something that would have felt more in its place in a Kirby game and, from watching the video's, it came accross as a bit gimmicky. Oh well, let's hope for the best.

And I wasn't too much of a BotW fan. I can understand how happy fans are with the game finally having a full open-world game, but... to me the game lost its tailor-made feel in the process. The game feels more like Skyrim, having less surprises and lacking variety in how the world is built.

I also never understoof why people were so blown away with the 'if you see it you can reach it' part. That's the premise of so many open-world games. Even more, Wind Waker did that too. Don't get me wrong, I liked playing it, but... it's nowhere near a perfect experience.

(A but unrelate but all the same: I really want the Super Nintendo Mini. I can't pre-order them anywhere; any tips?)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

belmont

I was looking to get a Switch. So are there any recommendations for someone that already has a Wii U and a PS4?

I know we have Xeno 2, the new exclusive rpg from Square and more jrpg but what about now?

belmont

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Yeah, it is one of the reasons I want to get Odyssey, to see if I still like them. I would love some Switch remasters, especially of Wii U era games because I don't have that console.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@belmont Any exclusives? Mario Odyssey of course when it comes out in about three weeks. Maybe you'll enjoy Zelda. I think it was alright, but many seem to love it. I got myself a copy of Splatoon 2 today, because the first game was an absolute blast and the online is still free.

My Switch came in today as well, but retailer messed up and send me one with a UK adapter and a cheap converter, like a DIY project...

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Simon_Fitzgerald You're doing gaming wrong. PS4 + Vita man.

In any case, ignoring the obligatory "How dare you betray us comments", Mario + Rabbids is genuinely fun and shockingly long. Zelda if you don't have it on Wii U. Splatoon 2 and ARMS if those are your jam. Golf Story, Cave Story, Stardew Valley, lots of great indie titles, there was a download update I think last week that was 20 or so games?

A lot of retail stuff youll already own on PS4 though.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Simon_Fitzgerald Splatoon 2 is loads of fun too, and of course Mario Odyssey later this month.

Octane

Ralizah

Mario + Rabbids is, surprisingly, the best exclusive on the NS right now. It's a challenging, fun, meaty experience. Aside from a few bugs (this IS Ubisoft we're talking about), it was a wonderful experience. A lot like XCOM, except much more of a focus is placed on being able to quickly dart around the map (between warp tubes, normal movement, team jumps, and Mario's jump attack, you can wind up on the other side of a sizable map with ease).

I fully expect Mario Odyssey to become the system's go-to exclusive when it launches later this month, but for a game so many of us thought would suck, M + R is a wonderful surprise.

BotW is also a necessity for anyone who hasn't played it on Wii U. Probably my favorite open-world game ever, and among my favorite Zeldas. Absolutely gorgeous and addictive game all-around.

ARMS, Splatoon 2, and MK8D are all great multiplayer experiences.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is also available on PS4, but it's a great game to play on the tablet.

There are a number of good indie games on the eshop as well. Some, like Fast RMX and Blaster Master Zero, are exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

PS_Nation

I will buy the Switch this month, really want to play Super Mario Odyssey on the release date. I had a Wii U and already played Breath of the Wild there.

Nintendo is releasing many great exclusives recently, including Wii U, but do you guys know what games they will release in the next year? Maybe the new Metroid or Pokemon Switch?

PS_Nation

Octane

@PS_Nation Unlikely. Metroid didn't have any footage and the ''teaser'' said ''now in development''. Reggie used that game as an example of an announcement they wanted to get out to the fans, not necessarily because it's coming soon, but just to let everyone know they're working on it. That doesn't sound like a 2018 game to me.

Pokemon is in a similar boat, it got announced, and won't ''release for more than a year'', but that's all we know. We do know they started the current generation last year with Sun/Moon, and this year they're rehashing releasing Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. If a new generation starts next year, the current one would only last two years, which is awfully short. Besides, GameFreak aren't the most competent developers, so developing an actual HD Pokemon game will probably take a bit longer than expected. The reason why they were able to cut the last generation early was because they reused a lot of assets in Sun and Moon from XY. I don't think they can do that again. Plus, things like the anime, the annual championships all point to a 2019 date.

Octane

PS_Nation

@Octane Cool, thanks. Anyway, I will spend a lot of time with Super Mario Odyssey, maybe I will try Xenoblade too, but the game looks really complex, lol, and I never played the games before it. I really loved Mario Kart 8, I will probably buy it again on Switch, hope they release Super Smash Bros. Wii U on Switch too.

PS_Nation

Octane

@PS_Nation Smash is bound to happen at some point. As I said, I don't think either Metroid or Pokemon are likely 2018 games, so maybe we'll get a new Smash instead?

Xenoblade 2 is something I want to get into too, but it's a looong JRPG, so I don't know if I'll like it.

Octane

Ralizah

@PS_Nation Nintendo has been teasing Pikmin 4 for a long time, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see it next year. Animal Crossing also wouldn't surprise me. We already know Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and Kirby are on the way in the near-ish future as well.

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, Pikmin 4, where's that game? Pikmin 5 is almost done by now.

Octane

belmont

@KratosMD I thought I was the only one that wanted this. After so many years it has become tiresome to keep new monsers interesting. Moreover there are endless legendary that you have to be online or go to a shop to get a code to have that I lost count. It is time for a reboot.

It is not going to happen though. They even have the Bank for easy transfers now...

belmont

Ralizah

@Octane I'm guessing Nintendo has been stockpiling projects to strategically reveal for a while now. Which is great, because a steady stream of well-received first-party releases will keep increasing the Switch's momentum.

Things are going to get crazy once Pokemon is properly revealed.

@KratosMD They won't do it, but a full, console-scale remake of Red and Blue with expanded online capabilities that allow trainers to interact and battle throughout Kanto would be... unspeakably awesome.

Open world Pokemon would also really be cool. I mean, I know some of the games are more open and allow you to explore the regions in different ways, but the scale would need to be dramatically increased. Imagine getting lost in a forest and searching for bug Pokemon, or camping out on a mountain and running into a geodude.

I guess what I want is "Breath of the Wild: Pokemon Edition."

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@KratosMD I think a big issue is that the number of new Pokemon have been on the low side recently, below 100 for both XY and SM. But the expected number for the regional Pokedex has grown. It's usually around 300; the regional Pokedex in USUM is confirmed to have more than 400 Pokemon, meaning less than 25% you encounter are new Pokemon. So the growing regional Pokedex, combined with the smaller number of new Pokemon make this even more obvious. I don't expect a reboot anytime soon though...

@Ralizah Eh, I just want it now

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic