Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 7,477

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, that’s the one I mentioned before. Mario can strangely walk up the pillars at a 90 degree angle at least but consistently landing on the pillars was a nightmare. Do you have the red coins yet by any chance? 😛

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yep. That sucked too.

I unfortunately didn't remember your words about being able to walk up the pillars until I'd already unlocked the pyramid.

I'm on the last one. Not entirely sure what to do yet. Go inside the pyramid again?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah That last star is perhaps the most obtuse in the game. It’s in the pyramid but you’ll have to search thoroughly.

Octane

@nessisonett Never understood those surfaces Mario can magically walk up against, yet a 10 degree incline on a grassy hill can cause him to slide like it was coated in vaseline.

Octane

Octane

@Ralizah Wing cap is the absolute worst.

I bet you're going to tear your hair out when you reach Rainbow Ride

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I walked into Rainbow Ride, immediately got murdered and decided to walk away with my sanity. I’ll come back.

Ralizah

@nessisonett "Obtuse" is a nice way of putting it. Who would think to drop off the side of the platform right before the star and then have to collect specific coins? I had to look up what to do. Too bad I can't fully put this land behind me until the 100 coin thing, but I'm done otherwise. Thank god.

@Octane That's... kind of been the norm so far. A few levels were decent, but this game is frustration in condensed form.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I still haven’t gotten the 100 coin stars in most areas. I’m gonna go back for them because most worlds I just want out of after the 6th star. I have it for Whomp’s Fortress and Wet-Dry World so far. It’s weird, I would still say I’m enjoying the game despite the frustration. A bit like my feelings with the Souls games, a lot of annoying moments but after they’re over I’m absolutely looking for more of the same.

Octane

@Ralizah For the 100 coin stars, I recommend looking up guides, because some levels have barely enough coins in them. So it's annoying to get stuck at 95 coins or something, only to discover that you've gotten everything you can. Most levels are perfectly doable, but I do recall that some are a lot harder, so a warning beforehand is always useful.

Octane

nessisonett

Whoever designed Tick Tock Clock needs an appointment with Monsieur Guillotine.

nessisonett

@Octane Yep, I’ve done all the stars except the moving bars one and know how to influence the clock. The problem is that one teeny tiny mistake and you’re all the way down to the bottom. Marino’s horrific turning circle doesn’t help and momentum is bloody annoying too. If there was ever a level that I just wish I could erase, it’s this. Even more than Rainbow Ride.

nessisonett

@Octane Brilliant, I did not notice that until now. At least it’s better than Super Mourinho Galaxy 😂

RR529

Played 64 for about an hour tonight and made some decent progress. Completed the Vanish Cap course (with it's Red Coin Star), got all six of Lethal Lava Land's Stars (not it's 100 coin Star though), and got a freebie Star from a Toad.

Lethal Lava Land was definitely training you for the tougher platforming levels ahead (it had tougher platforming challenges than what's come before, but while falling into lava is damaging, it's not as harsh as a bottomless pit). Dealing with Bullies became a lot easier once I realized jumping on them was safe (wouldn't assume so based on their horns), and I was cutting it close on the Log Roll Star (I had two health points left when I made it to the log, but managed it without falling off. The volcano Stars took quite a few tries, but were nothing frustrating.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

I’ve now reached 100 stars. That bloody one in Tick Tock Clock eludes me but I went back for a couple of 100 coin stars. This is going to be quite the push to 120.

Octane

I got 120 shines in Sunshine. Now I'm gonna juggle between 64 and Galaxy I think. I don't mind the reset of lives in Galaxy, and it's easy to farm them in 64 if I need them.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

I rage quite Sunshine last night. Then I had a flashback to rage quitting back in the day on the GC at the same bit. Which shouldn't really be a difficult bit. That said, I had a lot more time when I was a student and ploughed ahead. Let it be known, I suck at 3D platformers.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

I like how Rainbow Ride is 98% instant death pit and dodgy platforms that fall/tip when you stand on them, which is a really lovely complement to the game's likewise dodgy physics (Mario glides around like he's on ice 24/7; oh, and you can run straight up a pillar or JUMP BACKWARDS WHEN YOU'RE ON A STEEP SLOPE, but somehow the tiniest incline in the level geometry otherwise will send Mario flying halfway across the level).

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic