Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 4,347

Knuckles-Fajita

@kyleforrester87 Dear God that's an OOC quote if I ever read it.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DerMeister

Well, as of yesterday I am a newly minted Switch owner. Spent $622 for a Mario Kart bundle, three controllers, a screen protector, a travel case, and four games- Smash Ultimate, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.

Only played Mario Kart and Smash, but after waiting for essentially the whole year to get one (as I planned to get one in the summer but other things said nope), I'm happy to finally have it!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KratosMD

@DerMeister Nice one mate, you'll definitely love this system!

You need to start up Breath of the Wild ASAP. It should be everyone's first game on the system since it's just so good. Also nice one with Fire Emblem, another phenomenal game!

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Ralizah

@DerMeister Nice. BotW and FE are two of the best games on the system (and, if you want to thoroughly play them, they'll take you hundreds of hours to beat). Rayman Legends is also fantastic, if you've never played it.

Ever own a Wii U, or is Mario Kart 8 new to you?

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Now that I've gotten into the groove of it, Link's Awakening is a great time.

The colorful toy like aesthetic looks wonderful (and is a nice counterbalance to the grimy world of Return to Arkham City, which I'm playing on PS4), it has a unique & quirky vibe all it's own amongst the entire series, and it's nice returning to the classic Zelda template. Sure, the relative smallness of the game's world is apparent in a modern lens, but I find myself enjoying the quicker pace of the adventure.

Only notable complaint thus far is the quick stuttering that happens when you enter a new area (and a little more often in the swamp), but in the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

DerMeister

@KratosMD I'll definitely try to start it as soon as I can. I actually tried to beat Link to the Past in a week to get me in the Zelda mood, and lol that was poor judgement. Only beat the first dark world dungeon so far. Also started Fire Emblem yesterday, and while I haven't done much since the prologue, it's looking pretty cool.

@Ralizah Looks like I'll have my hands full for a while. Rayman Legends was a game I wanted since it came out, but never managed to get it until now. I'm pretty sure I'll like it since I loved Origins enough to platinum trophy it.

I never did manage to get a Wii U, so Mario Kart 8 is fresh for me.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

@DerMeister The Platinum trophy on the PS4 version of Legends is an effing nightmare due to one trophy that requires the player to grind the online challenges for months on end, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Kidfried

@DerMeister Congrats on your Switch!

Now I don't want to rain on your parade, but 622 is a lot of money, just for the experience of licking a cartridge.

@Ralizah I'm a proud non-owners of that trophy. Some trophies you just don't want to have.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

KratosMD

I just played the demo of New Super Lucky's Tale and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun this game is! It's a 3D platformer that's not as open as Super Mario Odyssey but more like Super Mario 3D World, although the levels are more densely packed with stuff to do in them. Collecting coins, gems, letters (to spell out 'Lucky') and all that good stuff. The controls feel really nice and tight and it has that Nintendo charm of their age-old platformers, even though it's a third-party game.

As I said, the game really surprised me by how much fun it is and I'm definitely getting it down the line.

KratosMD

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of...

Looks like Kiseki is finally coming to a Nintendo console in the form of Trails of Cold Steel 3. It's going to have a Persona 5 S problem, though, in that you'd need to own other platforms to be able to play the previous games. Not a problem for me (I own a Vita, so I can play 1 & 2 portably, lol), but it's hard to imagine the third game in a story-heavy series selling well on Switch when the first two aren't available.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

KratosMD

@Ralizah Pretty surprised by this decision to release the third game but not the other two first. Regardless, I'm kinda regretting not waiting for this version as I would've loved to play it on the Switch. Probably won't double-dip though since it's not that much different in terms of content.

One issue I'm currently having with this "Which order should I play the ToCS games?" ordeal is that some people are coming to the conclusion that it's fine to start with ToCS III, which I personally find incredibly idiotic. Take it from a person who's played through the first two ToCS games; there will be a LOT of stuff that you're not going to understand in ToCS III even if you've played the previous games! You might find that weird, but it's because the third game expects you to not only have played ToCS I & II, but also the Trails in the Sky and Crossbell arcs, which I haven't. If you've at least played the first ToCS games then you'll get most of the stuff going on, and if you haven't played any of the TLoH games then it'd be pointless to even play ToCS III. You'll have zero appreciation for everything that's going to happen, for example if a certain character shows up from the previous games or a reference to a past event. This makes up most of the game, so you'll be constantly missing out on references throughout your playthrough. Why would anyone want to play a game like that? Even I'm having regrets of not having played the Trails in the Sky and Crossbell arcs before ToCS III.

So to anyone who's considering it, please play at least ToCS I & II first and if you want, play Trails in the Sky as well (I don't think the Crossbell games are available in the West yet). You'll not only appreciate ToCS III to its fullest, but ToCS IV is also going to have references to these other games, so you'll also be prepared for that game!

KratosMD

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

Take it from a person who's played through the first two ToCS games; there will be a LOT of stuff that you're not going to understand in ToCS III even if you've played the previous games! You might find that weird, but it's because the third game expects you to not only have played ToCS I & II, but also the Trails in the Sky and Crossbell arcs, which I haven't.

Ugh. Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of getting into this series, but I think I'll pass on it for now.

Ralizah

KratosMD

@Ralizah I think that's for the best anyway. Falcom has hinted on bringing back their older games, which could be Trails in the Sky or the Crossbell games (Zero no Kiseki/Ao no Kiseki). So hopefully we could be seeing remasters or even remakes of these games. I'd recommend playing those first then.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/11/the_next_trails_game_...

I'd seriously love to play Trails in the Sky with a complete 3D style like in Trails of Cold Steel.

KratosMD

Ryall

@Ralizah I wouldn’t worry about spoilers for old PSP games that you’re probably not going to play. The Crossbell games (Zero no Kiseki/Ao no Kiseki) are in Japanese only and PSP only. The 3 Trials in the sky are PC or PSP only. You won’t have any difficulty understanding any of the trails of cold steel games without having played them.

If you had no intention of playing the previous trials a cold steel games then you will probably have no trouble understanding trails of cold steel 3. Since it’s set a year after the end of trials a cold steel to 2 and most of the students are new.

Trails of cold steel 3 does contain major spoilers for all the earlier games.
@KratosMD

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Ryall

P.S Trails of Cold Steel 3 is an excellent game and western Erebonian is well worth exploring even if you’ve never been to the east. @Ralizah

Ryall

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic