Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 7,477

Octane

Damn, there's a whole tutorial for inviting people over, this better be worth it.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane @kyleforrester87 You guys have any bog roll to trade?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Wasn't going to clean up a dozen phallic digging patterns.

Octane

nessisonett

@Arugula I think you’ve just described 90% of Nintendo games. Growing up there was always one tiny thing that annoyed me in pretty much every first party Ninty game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Arugula I honestly can’t tell if my atrocious shovel accuracy is due to the terrible controllers or the terrible aiming in game. Either way it does my bloody head in 😂😂

nessisonett

@KratosMD Advance Wars Dual Strike is one of my favourite strategy games and while I’m not sure how it’s aged, I had loads of fun with it at the time. I’m actually playing through the GBA Castlevania games just now and Circle of the Moon was both surprisingly good and incredibly frustrating. The movement’s quite stiff, the graphics are horrible and it’s insanely difficult. It’s actually really rewarding though, it’s almost like a Souls game in that respect. It’s kinda hard to recommend though since it took me about 5 hours of grinding just to beat Dracula!

nessisonett

@KratosMD I definitely agree with you there. Oh the hours I’ve lost restarting in Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, I probably could have played a whole other game in that time!

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Metroid Zero Mission is my favourite Metroid after Super Metroid and, though easier than some of the other 2d Metroids, is a neat little remake of the NES game. Also very pretty for a GBA game and holds up well on a bigger screen.

I must say the VC on the Wii U is pretty great and wish the Switch continued it. Ah well.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Absolutely - I bought Metroid Prime trilogy for Wii U because that is an expensive physical purchase and it was on sale a while ago using platinum points and works reall well on Wii U. I am tempted by some of the N64 titles. I have an N64 but no CRT so just doesn't look great and the Wii U has a great save state.

Without spoiling it, Zero Mission isn't too long as well and can be knocked out in a few play sessions but is really fun to play.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I know and I am quite gutted as I would probably fork out of some of these games again to be able to play on the Switch!

@kyleforrester87 You didn't answer Super Metroid so your position is utterly invalid. Because everyone's favourite Metroid game is Super Metroid. Even if you haven't played it or don't agree. Super Metroid.

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego I’ve tried to play it a few times, I can’t get into it. But I really wish I’d played it as a kid, I can tell I’d have absolutely loved it - I’d have drawn out the maps and everything. I know I almost enjoyed Axiom Verge as much as a young me would have enjoyed Super Metroid.

I was a big fan of Alien when I was a kid too which would have helped a lot.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 In fairness, it is too hard for me to pull out the nostalgia and the quality as Super Metroid is one of the few games on NES/SNES era I completed and replayed. Me and my Dad would play together and share where we had found secrets etc.

I would still credit it in being one of the few games of that generation where the technology, story telling and gameplay sort of lived up to what was in my imagination. The world was so detailed and fleshed out, amazing environmental storytelling and music. It almost felt like a movie.

nessisonett

@KratosMD You’re in luck with Advance Wars, both the GBA and DS games are on Wii U. The DS emulation isn’t bad at all imo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic