Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 7,477

RR529

@nessisonett, and after thinking about it I caved in and ordered Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which will be my first in the series.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Th3solution

So I was ready to take the plunge and finally join Switch Nation, replete with a copy of Animal Crossing and probably Mario Kart and/or Zelda vs Mario Odyssey. But ... I apparently am a week or two late. Blasted system is sold out everywhere due to the quarantines. Nintendo’s making mint right now. Although Coronavirus is killing some businesses, Nintendo is likely having record setting revenue this quarter. Second hand units are selling for $500. Animal Crossing Units are going for $700+. And the price is probably only going up. [sigh] Back to my boring PS4. 😓

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution Eh. There's a surge in demand, clearly, but the manufacturing issues this stupid virus is causing will still end up hurting them pretty badly, I imagine. Like everyone else. OG Switch numbers have been abysmal in Japan because there are so few of the big units to go around.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Well, I figure everyone in Japan has a Switch by now. We need more in America!

I think there are Lites to be found. But if I’m going to get one I would rather get the big unit for the TV. I guess they must have used production lines to pump up the supply of Lites before all this hit.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It’s not just in the States. My sister was looking for one and they’re going for over £400 on Amazon.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I’m a fool for not snagging one a couple weeks ago when I saw several in stock at Wal-Mart. I just kept procrastinating because I haven’t had much time, and now my time is opening up a little and, well - it’s too late. The way the pandemic is going they’ll probably be at a premium at least until toilet paper is back on the shelves. So, probably 6 months.

Heavyarms55

Well with China supposedly starting to lift the restrictions in their country, manufacturing should start coming back online and that would likely include the Switch. Which should lead to more stock getting onto shelves.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Toilet paper is back on shelves. The difference is that bog roll is not mainly produced in China.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Alright so I have purchased Animal Crossing for myself after seeing 30 seconds of my girlfriend playing it. Total impulse purchase then, I bet I regret it.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

belmont

Also Panzer Dragoon was released for 25 Euros. It is more expensive than I hoped.

belmont

nessisonett

I dunno, that’s yet another Direct with minimal news on actual new Nintendo first party games. I swear, the Wii U had more big exclusives than the Switch. It just looks as if the Ninty fans are being placated with portable versions of last-gen games.

Octane

@nessisonett @KratosMD I remember the possible thought of having all of Ninty's team develop for one system, instead of two separate systems. But I don't think they're putting out more games for the Switch than they otherwise would've done for a system.

Doesn't help that stuff like Kirby is €60 either...

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD Don't remind me. I genuinely got a bit annoyed when they showed more of the upcoming Pokemon DLC today, but I'm still waiting for them to patch the main game. The online is absolutely horrendous.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Despite being super hyped for Switch for years, I literally own 5 first party games, Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Smash. Of those, I finished Mario Odyssey and played loads of Smash but I’m not particularly fussed about the others. The controller definitely plays a part in my ambivalence, it hurts my hands so I try to use the Cube controller as much as possible. I just wish Zelda would get proper Cube controller support, it’s the only game I can’t really use it in. The indies and smaller games have been much more fun, with Katamari Damacy, Hollow Knight and TWEWY. It’s hard to say I regret buying my Switch but I definitely feel a bit let down.

Ralizah

It was an OK Direct. The Xenoblade remake looks pretty substantial with its totally reworked visuals, improved UI, and added story content. We're finally getting a portable version of Catherine. XCOM 2 and the Bioshock Trilogy are cool arrivals (although I have my doubts as to how XCOM 2 will perform, given it even struggles a bit on PS4). The new rhythm game content for Ring Fit Adventure looks fun. And I'm glad we're getting a demo for Bravely Default II.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

In terms of first party/exclusive stuff, I'll definitely be getting the Xenoblade Chronicles remake as I never got it on Wii (and I loved both XC2 & Torna), I actually like the look of Clubhouse Games: 51 Classic Games (but I don't really have anyone to play it with), and while the environments in Bravely Default II look gorgeous, I just can't stand chibi character design (I put up with it on DS due to system limitations, but I was so glad when 3DS came around and we were able to get more JRPGs with full size characters like Tales of the Abyss & DQVIII).

In terms of third party stuff, most of it was western 3rd party ports, none of which I'm particularly interested in. I may give the Panzer Dragoon remake & that underwater "Metroidvania" from Capcom a look, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

crimsontadpoles

The Direct was alright, but had nothing that I really cared about. Bioshock and Catherine are games that I really need to get around to playing, but I can already play them elsewhere. Bravely Default II looks fine, but I've already got the 3DS game Bravely Second in my backlog, so should play that first.

It wasn't a bad Direct, but it didn't do anything for me.

Octane

@nessisonett About the same I think. I have Splatoon 2 and Mario, no regrets there. Pokemon is a mess, but competitive is at least good compared to last gen (until the DLC hits at least). And Yoshi was a too short IMO. I have Zelda and Mario Kart on Wii U, so I'm going to buy them again for €60.

BOTW 2, Metroid, Pikmin, I take anything at this point

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic