Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 7,479

redd214

@Ralizah yeah for some. Never been a fan of the series but it does at least look good. I was speaking more about myself. I found only 1 thing in each show that was appealing.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@Knuckles-Fajita Oh yes, I'm so over Axiom Verge 2 when it comes out. Not entirely clear if it a Switch exclusive or not. Tagging in @kyleforrester87 as I know he liked the first game.

My pick up Golf Story for my Christmas game on Switch. That game has always intrigued me so feel like a good time to try it out.And I have money in my Nintendo account and gold points to spend.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I really liked Golf Story and put over 20 hours into it eventually. Just a nice light hearted rpg lite. With golf.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah my mate in work said Robonaughts is pretty decent. Everyone loves a freebie!

@Rudy_Manchego Noice, I fancy a chilled out game over chrimbo while snugged up by the open fire.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RR529

I started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday, and it's been a pretty good time so far.

I like the more Metroid like design, which helps build the atmosphere, which is great in a cartoony sort of way. It's odd how western the art direction feels given it's a Mario series game (the boss ghosts in particular look like something out of a Cartoon Network series), but it makes sense given the development studio.

Only negative (and it's not the game's fault) is that I now have Joy Con drift in full effect, and so Luigi is constantly spinning making things hard to line up with the Poltergust.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KALofKRYPTON

Hey everyone. If you haven't had a look yet, please go and vote in the Push Square community run screenshot of the year competition, there are a few hours left for the public vote and you can find all of the pictures and information in the forum post 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RR529

Picked up a PowerA pro controller (it's an officially licensed brand) since my Joy-con were starting to drift.

It feels a little cheaper than any first party controller I've used in recent memory, with no HD Rumble, and it still runs on AA batteries, but overall it feels good enough and has made playing Luigi's Mansion 3 easier.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

There's a reason I almost always nab Switch games at launch, but wait on PC/PS4 games. Steam and PSN actually reward you for being patient. Still can't believe I got God of War and Horizon for $10 a pop.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Hmm I would disagree personally. Both are brief but very interesting experiences. I bought Sayonara Wild Hearts for full price and you can get thrugh a full run in an hour (though there is replay value). Gris too come to think of it (though it is a little bit longer).

About to check the out the Switch sale as i got some vouchers gifted to me but for Switch games, I only buy digital if they are purely digital games and try to buy physical. First party games never really drop that much anyway.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

JohnnyShoulder

Ori and the Blind Forest has been reduced to 10 quid on the store. I'm really tempted at that price.

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I bought Golf Story as it was Deal of the Day. I had just enough money in my Nintendo account to cover the cost. May still get Ori as I've got some gold points to spend.

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Hmm tough call and don't want to get it wrong for you. My favourite of the two was Sayonara Wild Hearts just because it does feel like a music video and I am not usually a pop fan but the music just worked well. That said, it is an 1-1.5 hours for a full playthrough though I have gone through it twice. I wouldn't call it a rythmn game as such because it doesn't punish you too much and the soundtrack doesn't go bad if you misstime something.

Gris is closer to something like Journey (such a cliche). There platforming and puzzling is very basic but not necessarily bad. As a game about depression, it is all in the presentation and emotion of it.

If you like emotional then I would go Gris, if you like fun and silly and playable I would go Sayonara!

JohnnyShoulder

Played the demo of Ori and the Blind Forest. It's very good and I immediately bought the full game when the demo was over. It has a Disney/Nintedo style and charm which I find quite endearing. Felt really weird playing a Microsoft game on a Nintendo console.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder I don't really think of Ori and Cuphead as Microsoft games. Maybe because I still associate the company's output with Gears, Halo, and Forza. If anything, they ought to feel more at home on Nintendo hardware because of that charm that's missing from Microsoft's first-party catalog in general.

Honestly, it's far weirder to me that I can play the Crash Bandicoot trilogy on my Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder Well The Lion King and The Iron Giant did influence the developers when doing the story and character development so that's probably why it has that Disney vibe to it.

I am tempted to buy it again on Switch but I have other games I rather get and have already beat it on the Xbox One but it is such a great game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Just finished up Luigi's Mansion 3. It's the first in the series I've played, and while I'm letting my thoughts on it digest, first impressions are that it was very good, but not quite up there with my favorite exclusives on the system.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah It's wierd that the only MS games i was interested in are now on Switch. It gonna be strange playing Psychonauts 2 which is published by Xbox Game Studios next year lol.

@Tasuki It is such a beautifully animated game. And it's cute without being over saccharine, which can be fine balance to get right with me at times.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic