Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 7,479

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of...

Looks like Kiseki is finally coming to a Nintendo console in the form of Trails of Cold Steel 3. It's going to have a Persona 5 S problem, though, in that you'd need to own other platforms to be able to play the previous games. Not a problem for me (I own a Vita, so I can play 1 & 2 portably, lol), but it's hard to imagine the third game in a story-heavy series selling well on Switch when the first two aren't available.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

Take it from a person who's played through the first two ToCS games; there will be a LOT of stuff that you're not going to understand in ToCS III even if you've played the previous games! You might find that weird, but it's because the third game expects you to not only have played ToCS I & II, but also the Trails in the Sky and Crossbell arcs, which I haven't.

Ugh. Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of getting into this series, but I think I'll pass on it for now.

Ryall

@Ralizah I wouldn’t worry about spoilers for old PSP games that you’re probably not going to play. The Crossbell games (Zero no Kiseki/Ao no Kiseki) are in Japanese only and PSP only. The 3 Trials in the sky are PC or PSP only. You won’t have any difficulty understanding any of the trails of cold steel games without having played them.

If you had no intention of playing the previous trials a cold steel games then you will probably have no trouble understanding trails of cold steel 3. Since it’s set a year after the end of trials a cold steel to 2 and most of the students are new.

Trails of cold steel 3 does contain major spoilers for all the earlier games.
@KratosMD

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Ryall

P.S Trails of Cold Steel 3 is an excellent game and western Erebonian is well worth exploring even if you’ve never been to the east. @Ralizah

Ryall

RR529

Took me just over an hour, but I completed Eagle Tower in Link's Awakening tonight. Only one dungeon, then the final confrontation, left.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

Loving the Witcher 3 on Switch and managed nearly 50 hours so far but I have noticed that I get game crashes every few hours, often at random. I think it is to do with moving across save points when you are travelling around the world but can't be sure. Anyone else experienced it?

Not lost progress at all, just time to boot the game back up.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego Try physically rebooting the console. I've found that helps with some of the games that have crashing issues (not many, but they exist).

My PC version has actually crashed a time or two. Every few hours sounds awful, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah Thanks - I did reboot it a week or so ago but in fairness, can't hurt giving it another go. Had a quick search and this seems to happen a fair bit. Seems to me as well though that I have discovered some bugs that existed on the home console

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

I'm almost done with the Pokedex, so I'm thinking of starting breeding for a competitive team.

Octane

Ralizah

@KratosMD @Octane Filling in all the entries in the dex, or do either of you actually have a living dex? I know some people make it a point of assembling a living dex each gen. The only issue for me would be getting a permanent version of the opposite game's primary legendary.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah And Type: Null & Silvally. But no, that's why I'm not doing a living dex. I mean. I guess one could make a new account on their profile, beat the game, and trade them back via another player, but that's a lot of time and effort into something I don't really care about.

Octane

RR529

Since my copy of Luigi's Mansion 3 is still a couple days out, I caved and bought The Touryst.

Not many indies grab my attention, but man is this game gorgeous (and this is coming from someone who generally dislikes "voxel" style games), and has a kinda neat gameplay identity (it kinda feels like Mario Odyssey crossed with classic Zelda).

I've heard it's short, so hopefully I'll have it polished up before Luigi comes in.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

johncalmc

I had to scrap Pokémon Sword from my Christmas list because Snivy isn't in it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

LOL the indie direct was far and away worse than the State of Play presentation. A bunch of announcements, but not a single one I found even slightly interesting.

Ralizah

Two Steins;Gate games just shadow launched on Switch, btw. SG0 and the romantic comedy spinoff.

Haruki_NLI

Axiom Verge 2! Woooo! Go Tom!

And Sidebar Games is making a Golf Story sequel that people wanted. Good stuff.

Oh, and Skatebirb. Skatebirb is gud.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

redd214

@Ralizah I would say they were equally bad. Out of the 40 total minutes between the two shows, only 2 or 3 minutes stuck out. I'm sure hopefully the game awards will be better (strictly the games not all the filler surrounding the announcements)

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 No way. RE3make would have been a surprise if it hadn't been leaked, and that's a huge release.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic